Myanmar Is Starving Rohingya Muslims Out of Their Villages: Reports

Some more fake news re the ā€˜genocideā€™:

What happened to these bodies floating in a river?

ferry_floute.png

The main photo shows 11 human bodies floating in murky water, their remains attached to the bank with coloured ropes. However, contrary to the indication in the caption, these bodies do not belong to victims of a massacre carried out by the Burmese army on Rohingya civilians. Instead, it is a photo taken of people who died when a ferry sank on October 15, 2016 in the Chindwin River in Burma. Seventy-three people lost their lives in the accident and numerous photos documenting the tragedy were posted on Facebook

Thai prisoners taken for Rohingya

thailande_getty.png

Thai soldiers detain Muslim protesters on the bank of a river in October 25, 2004. (Screengrab from the Getty image bank)
The third photo shows dozens of people lying prostrate on the bank of a river, under the watchful gaze of an armed soldier. However, once again, this image doesnā€™t show Rohingya victims of the recent violence. The people on the bank are actually a group of Thai protesters who were detained by soldiers after a protest held by the Muslim community in the Tak Bai district in October 2004. Soldiers detained nearly 1,300 men, 78 of whom died during the military action

Images of children executed at point-blank range are actually from a film

The "Turkey in Forceā€ Facebook page has also been sharing a bunch of photos purporting to show the plight of the Rohingya. One post containing several different pictures (including the misappropriated image of swimmers in Lahore) was shared more than 49,000 times.

turquie_en_force.jpg

Another photo from this series shows four young boys on their knees, seemingly mere seconds from being executed by soldiers.

However, in reality, the people in this photo are all actors ā€” thatā€™s because it is a still from the film "Voces inocentes", which came out in 2004. This full-length feature was inspired by the true story of a little boy trying to survive the horrors of the civil war that ripped the country apart in the 1980s.

The next photo, which shows three boys suffering from acute malnutrition, has been circulating online since at least 2013. It is shared most frequently by users in Pakistan, Yemen and Burma. While the FRANCE 24 Observers team wasnā€™t able to find the original photo, the fact that it has been kicking around online for so many years means that it definitely doesnā€™t show the most recent wave of violence in Burma.

Fake images complicate work of NGOs trying to help Rohingya

Looks like Coyote will not be back on this thread.
Maybe now we will actually be allowed to discuss the topic of the OP!
Well Iā€™ve just re read the article linked to in the OP, but it seems to be a case of a few ā€˜rohingyaā€™/illegal immigrants saying his cow was stolen, another was prevented from going to his rice field etc. This isnā€™t really evidence of systematic starvation of the ā€˜rohingyaā€™, and I havenā€™t been able to find any, although I havenā€™t looked very recently.

Well Iā€™ve just re read the article linked to in the OP, but it seems to be a case of a few ā€˜rohingyaā€™/illegal immigrants saying his cow was stolen, another was prevented from going to his rice field etc. This isnā€™t really evidence of systematic starvation of the ā€˜rohingyaā€™, and I havenā€™t been able to find any, although I havenā€™t looked very recently.

speaking of SYSTEMIC STARVATION------ever come across a STARVED OUT
GAZAN? When muslims want to complain-----the complaints ALWAYS include
STARVATION AND RAPE. ----no one should wonder----starvation and rape ARE
PROMINENT AS WEAPONS OF WAR IN THE KORANIC ARMAMENTARIUM

some real facts of life-----as far as I could ascertain with my googling finger----
the Rohingya are ethnic Bengalis------Bangladesh---the Islamic part of
BENGAL has been a hellhole of Islamic poverty forever-----even the farming
DONE there was owned by the dominating WEST PAKISTANIs-----ie ----they were
like Old Ireland was centuries ago to England-----virtually starved out serfs. They are ECONOMIC refugees in Myanmar-----and now MUJAHADS seeking to impose islam with the HELP of Pakistan and a few other shariah shit holes.
Historically -----this kind of spread of the Islamic epidemic----HAS BEEN
SUCCESSFUL-----it over came AFGHANISTAN, MALAYSIA AND INDONESIA----------the Buddhists are not happy

Agreed.
Look at the ā€˜starvingā€™ Balestinians :eek:

Palestinian Territories
With obesity rates of 23.9% for men and 42.8% for women, Palestine is listed as the 8th most obese country in the world among men and 3rd most obese among women.[17]

Agreed.

Palestinian Territories
With obesity rates of 23.9% for men and 42.8% for women, Palestine is listed as the 8th most obese country in the world among men and 3rd most obese among women.[17]
They made a mistake. Palestine is not a people or a country.

Agreed.

Palestinian Territories
They made a mistake. Palestine is not a people or a country.

to continue-----type II Diabetes is RAMPANT in Gaza (my little tidbit for today)

Coyote----your essay trivializes genocide. When evaluating existing laws in
Germany in 1935-----there is no doubt that one COULD talk about the traffic
rules-----EH!!! neither here nor there. -- and leave out the specifics of the Nuremburg
laws that LEGALIZED GENOCIDE-----when evaluating SHARIAH law---you tsk
tsk at the nod toward wife abuseCONVENIENTLY leave out the laws governing
NON-MUSLIMS----the LAWS OF LEGAL GENOCIDE. For the record---the
Armenian Genocide was not a crime according to DIVINE ETERNAL SHARIAH
LAW

Genocide is wrong Rosie. Always. You don't just turn your head away because you hate the religion/ethnicity/race/whatever of the targeted people.

It is wrong.

since I first became exposed to islamo Nazi propaganda ---as a child---circa 1960--
I am not at all surprised--------lots of it is gore------with a caption
Looks like the Rohingya issue is/will develop into a Pallwood type situation.

The Palestinians were never victims of genocide.

They weren't shot in the back fleeing.
Their women and children weren't gang raped.
Their children weren't decapitated, nor where their infants thrown into fires by Israeli soldiers. They weren't put in concentration camps.
The IP conflct is a war.
Myanmar is genocide, targeting civilians with the intent of wiping them out of existence right down to burning their villages, bulldozing them and pretending they never existed. Satellite imagery has confirmed this.

We've been discussing the topic in the OP. It's a pity some here need to turn it into an anti-muslim hatefest isn't it?

since I first became exposed to islamo Nazi propaganda ---as a child---circa 1960--
I am not at all surprised--------lots of it is gore------with a caption
Looks like the Rohingya issue is/will develop into a Pallwood type situation.

The Palestinians were never victims of genocide.

They weren't shot in the back fleeing.
Their women and children weren't gang raped.
Their children weren't decapitated, nor where their infants thrown into fires by Israeli soldiers. They weren't put in concentration camps.
The IP conflct is a war.
Myanmar is genocide, targeting civilians with the intent of wiping them out of existence right down to burning their villages, bulldozing them and pretending they never existed. Satellite imagery has confirmed this.
Then you have no problem with not comparing the Jews to Muslims.

ferry_floute.png

The main photo shows 11 human bodies floating in murky water, their remains attached to the bank with coloured ropes. However, contrary to the indication in the caption, these bodies do not belong to victims of a massacre carried out by the Burmese army on Rohingya civilians. Instead, it is a photo taken of people who died when a ferry sank on October 15, 2016 in the Chindwin River in Burma. Seventy-three people lost their lives in the accident and numerous photos documenting the tragedy were posted on Facebook

thailande_getty.png

Thai soldiers detain Muslim protesters on the bank of a river in October 25, 2004. (Screengrab from the Getty image bank)
The third photo shows dozens of people lying prostrate on the bank of a river, under the watchful gaze of an armed soldier. However, once again, this image doesnā€™t show Rohingya victims of the recent violence. The people on the bank are actually a group of Thai protesters who were detained by soldiers after a protest held by the Muslim community in the Tak Bai district in October 2004. Soldiers detained nearly 1,300 men, 78 of whom died during the military action

The "Turkey in Forceā€ Facebook page has also been sharing a bunch of photos purporting to show the plight of the Rohingya. One post containing several different pictures (including the misappropriated image of swimmers in Lahore) was shared more than 49,000 times.

turquie_en_force.jpg

Another photo from this series shows four young boys on their knees, seemingly mere seconds from being executed by soldiers.

However, in reality, the people in this photo are all actors ā€” thatā€™s because it is a still from the film "Voces inocentes", which came out in 2004. This full-length feature was inspired by the true story of a little boy trying to survive the horrors of the civil war that ripped the country apart in the 1980s.

The next photo, which shows three boys suffering from acute malnutrition, has been circulating online since at least 2013. It is shared most frequently by users in Pakistan, Yemen and Burma. While the FRANCE 24 Observers team wasnā€™t able to find the original photo, the fact that it has been kicking around online for so many years means that it definitely doesnā€™t show the most recent wave of violence in Burma.

It reminds me of the fake images circulated on anti-Islamic hate sites of fake Islamist attacks.

On the other hand there is plenty of evidence of what Myanmar is doing to refute the Myanmar apologists.

We've been discussing the topic in the OP. It's a pity some here need to turn it into an anti-muslim hatefest isn't it?
At least tell the truth. It is anti-Islam, not anti-Muslim. And it is cause of this problem this thread is about.

You can call it hate, I see more as common sense if your wish freedom to last to face the problem.

ferry_floute.png

thailande_getty.png

turquie_en_force.jpg

It reminds me of the fake images circulated on anti-Islamic hate sites of fake Islamist attacks.

On the other hand there is plenty of evidence of what Myanmar is doing to refute the Myanmar apologists.

You are beyond a joke. Please donā€™t respond to my posts anymore as I have no desire nor intention of attempting to discuss anything with a dishonest troll such as you.

Question: Why doesn't Myanmar allow independent observers in? Why do they jail journalists who report on mass graves?

Hunger used to target dwindling number of Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar
The Rohingya Muslims, who have been loathed by Myanmar's Buddhist majority for decades, are locked down in their villages ā€” sometimes even in their homes ā€” and prevented from farming, fishing, foraging, trade and work, the refugees and aid groups say. In other words, they can no longer do what they need to do to eat. While restrictions on freedom of movement and access to food have long been in place, they have tightened dramatically in recent weeks, the AP interviews show.

"It was worse than a jail," says Goni, who finally left Hpa Yon Chaung village in Buthidaung township on Jan. 5. "People at least get food twice a day in jail. ...We were always surrounded, always under stress, always watched."

The hunger the Rohingya faced at home is evident when they come to the Bangladesh camps, where new refugees, especially children and women, suffer from "unbelievable" levels of malnutrition, according to Dr. Ismail Mehr.

"They are definitely coming in starving," says Mehr, who recently returned to the United States from treating refugees in the camps. "We saw the vitamin deficiencies in the children and the adults; we saw ... severely malnourished people who are basically skin and bones. It looked like the pictures from the Nazi camps."

Geneva Palais Briefing Note: Malnutrition among Rohingya child refugees

20171027_Rohingya_Malnutrition_PR_Web.jpg

23aa37985d35a41c517bfa7c95679e8b-Rohingya.JPG

750x422

fh-201711040137.jpg

'Myanmarā€™s military continues to get away with crimes against humanity'

Matthew Wells, Amnestyā€™s Senior Crisis Advisor and part of a team who have just returned from a research trip to Coxā€™s Bazar in Bangladesh, said:

ā€œShielded by official denials and lies, and a concerted effort to deny access to independent investigators, Myanmarā€™s military continues to get away with crimes against humanity.

ā€œMyanmarā€™s security forces are building on entrenched patterns of abuse to silently squeeze out of the country as many of the remaining Rohingya as possible. Without more effective international action, this ethnic cleansing campaign will continue its disastrous march.ā€

...The new arrivals told Amnesty that the militaryā€™s persistent persecution finally broke their resolve, forcing them to join the exodus to Bangladesh. Almost all of them blamed the Myanmar authoritiesā€™ forced starvation of remaining Rohingya communities for creating acute food insecurity, and eventually driving them to flee.

Many new Rohingya arrivals said the breaking point came when the military then denied access to their rice fields at harvest time, in November and December. Myanmar security forces have also participated in, or facilitated, the theft of Rohingya livestock and have torched several local markets and denied access to others. All of this has devastated Rohingya livelihoods and caused food shortages.

The Myanmar authorities have further worsened the food insecurity by severely restricting humanitarian assistance to Rakhine.

Dildar Begum, 30, arrived in Bangladesh in early January after leaving Ka Kyet Bet Kan Pyin village, near Buthidaung town. She told Amnesty that her family was put in a dire financial situation when the authorities came to their house and extorted a large amount money, threatening to arrest her husband if they did not pay. The military then stopped them and other Rohingya villagers from harvesting their rice fields.

She said: ā€œWe werenā€™t able to get food, thatā€™s why we fled.ā€

Abductions of girls and women

Amnesty also documented three recent incidents of the Myanmar military abducting girls or young women.

In early January, soldiers forced their way into a house in Hpoe Khaung Chaung village, Buthidaung Township. As the soldiers searched the house, Hasina, 25, said they demanded at gunpoint that her uncle hand over her 15-year-old cousin, Samida. The family has not seen the girl again. The same is true of the other abducted girls and young women, making them victims of enforced disappearance.

Rohingya families from villages where the military recently abducted women and girls said they fled in fear that the abductions would continue. Given the pervasive sexual violence that has marked this and previous military campaigns against the Rohingya in Rakhine, the abduction of women and young girls raises serious concerns of a campaign of rape and sexual slavery.

Forum List

Back