My unpopular opinion, I don't care

Illegals are not? Really? Not even the ones whose children have died in our wars? What about the ones who pay taxes here? Yeah nah no investment there is there? Sorry, but rights aren't an investment you are born with them and they are not able to be taken from you...that is why they are called rights...rights are freely given, priviledges are earned. Imagine you losing the right to defend yourself and family from a predator because some fool decides you didn't earn that right and have no investment in this country...which 99% of folks pay no meaningful taxes, so I guess they have no investment do they..chances are you don't either.

Illegals are not? Really? Not even the ones whose children have died in our wars? What about the ones who pay taxes here? Yeah nah no investment there is there? Sorry, but rights aren't an investment you are born with them and they are not able to be taken from you...that is why they are called rights...rights are freely given, priviledges are earned. Imagine you losing the right to defend yourself and family from a predator because some fool decides you didn't earn that right and have no investment in this country...which 99% of folks pay no meaningful taxes, so I guess they have no investment do they..chances are you don't either.

Are you going to answer my question.

Should we open the borders of the country to anyone who wants to come or should there be standards and laws to regulate this? Does every human on the planet have a right to come here and live?

Where do you get that 99 percent of people pay not meaninful taxes? Illegals dont pay taxes they cant work here legally. Most work under the table.

Last edited:
I think anyone who does not have a criminal record and can hold a steady job should be allowed to come. Does that answer your question? Had you taken the time to find out who I am you would know the answer without asking..after all my party affiliation is Libertarian.

I think anyone who does not have a criminal record and can hold a steady job should be allowed to come. Does that answer your question? Had you taken the time to find out who I am you would know the answer without asking..after all my party affiliation is Libertarian.

My next question is what should we do with the hordes of illegals that come across our border every year?

I am not setting you up I would really like to know what you would do about the problem of illegals.

Tony, if anyone can come that wants to come legally as long as they have not a criminal record in site and hold a steady job would eliminate that problem. We don't really keep anyone out that wants to come, they come regardless. It doesn't matter what you do.. businesses need people to work, we should accomodate that instead of outsourcing jobs we can't fill. It makes me sick to think that grapes from say the middle east may be imported instead of picked in Georgia. Doesn't that bother anyone in the least? We know already by what Georgia farmers are saying that they aren't replacing these workers with US born workers, they are outsourcing and reducing their staff and production because they don't have the workers to cover it. Prices will go up and have gone up and production jobs go down.

Tony, if anyone can come that wants to come legally as long as they have not a criminal record in site and hold a steady job would eliminate that problem. We don't really keep anyone out that wants to come, they come regardless. It doesn't matter what you do.. businesses need people to work, we should accomodate that instead of outsourcing jobs we can't fill. It makes me sick to think that grapes from say the middle east may be imported instead of picked in Georgia. Doesn't that bother anyone in the least? We know already by what Georgia farmers are saying that they aren't replacing these workers with US born workers, they are outsourcing and reducing their staff and production because they don't have the workers to cover it. Prices will go up and have gone up and production jobs go down.

There is where our differences are.

I do not beileve we need that many immigrants. The labor market just has to have time to adjust to the lose of illegal labor to legal labor. We do need to restrict the number of immigrants that come into this country. Everyone who lives here is a drain on our infrastructure even me. I use the roads and the water and sewer. We can not have a policy that allows anyone and everyone in. It would be a disaster.

That is what I have been getting at all along. The govt has a responsiblity to slow immigration into the US. Every time they do they run into road block after road block and then nothing gets done. People still get killed every day trying to get here and our resources and infrastucture still are taxed beyond their limits.

The hyperbole that you see posted here everyday regarding this topic is just a symptom of the frustration we feel. We see a problem that nobody seems to have the power to fix.

Syrenn, then you want to live in a fascist state and you want genocide and quite frankly I don't want to live in a country that is filled with people that want a country like that because we won't have a country worth living in. I don't think any one with any common sense wants to visit 1942 all over again.

sorry wrong.... but good try.

Keeping illegals out with force is not genocide. What part of illegals are you not understanding? Do i say lations? Am i singling any one group out?

There is where our differences are.

I do not beileve we need that many immigrants. The labor market just has to have time to adjust to the lose of illegal labor to legal labor. We do need to restrict the number of immigrants that come into this country. Everyone who lives here is a drain on our infrastructure even me. I use the roads and the water and sewer. We can not have a policy that allows anyone and everyone in. It would be a disaster.

That is what I have been getting at all along. The govt has a responsiblity to slow immigration into the US. Every time they do they run into road block after road block and then nothing gets done. People still get killed every day trying to get here and our resources and infrastucture still are taxed beyond their limits.

actually our infrastructure can handle a lot more people than it contains now. We have vast open space and less people per square mile than almost any other country in the world. That said, don´t think that just because immigration is more lax that everyone would want to come to the US..that is just not so. About the same amount of people would remain and beyond that people would be more willing to go home when there is a need for them to instead of staying..causing the same cyclic movement of migrants as before...where in November everyone went home and stayed until March in their home countries and they were less likely to bring their families with them.

some are claiming that they are an invading force..so Geneva would apply..since they are uarmed civilians...now what?
Remember Hitler was tried for war crimes, it is Qadafi that they are after now also for war crimes..there was no war in his country..he killed of people he didn't like.

Forum List

Back