My unpopular opinion, I don't care

Then by really securing our borders we can make sure that no one comes across that should not be here. Drug runners and illegal aliens.

Totally agree. We currently spend over a trillion dollars a year on illegals. The number grows annually. It would be cheaper to just guard our own borders.

ok mr bright guy..how much will that cost? Do you really believe it is going to work? How long you going to keep up that expense? How much till it bankrupts the country securing over 8,000 miles of borders and then the airports, seaports, etc....we know that all we have done has done zero to stop the drugs from coming in...decriminalize drugs and then we might get somewhere.

Not likely more than we are spending guarding Korean borders.

I agree with you about legalizing some drugs. If you take away the cartels illegal markets then there would be less drugs coming into the country. How long before the burden of so many non-taxpaying people using our public service banrupts many states?

I didn't used to be in favor of legalizing drugs such as marijuana but I am now. Tax the hell out of it and stop putting people in jail for it. It's just like prostitution, people aren't going to stop because it's illegal so let's stop wasting dollars and start taxing it instead.

Why are so many people opposed to the US enforcing immigration laws. Why cant the US secure its border with Mexico. Whats the harm in not allowing people to break our laws.

Because if we dare to only support legal immigration, we are racist.

If that is the case I am THE most racist person on the planet.

The answer is simple. Punish those who provide an incentive for people to illegally come here. Meaning those who hire them. Then secure the borders. Then start aggressively deporting the majority of those who are left. Alternate option to deportation is to pay a large fine.

No politician wants to do that though, because they will be labeled racist by the opposition in an attempt to garner more of what is becoming an influential voting bloc. Hispanics.

The answer is simple. Punish those who provide an incentive for people to illegally come here. Meaning those who hire them. Then secure the borders. Then start aggressively deporting the majority of those who are left. Alternate option to deportation is to pay a large fine.

No politician wants to do that though, because they will be labeled racist by the opposition in an attempt to garner more of what is becoming an influential voting bloc. Hispanics.

I believe I have made those very points several times in this section of USMessageBoards. I fully agree.

It's not that they will be labeled racist, this part I disagree with. It's that they will lose the legal and illegal Latino vote. Well, heck... not even just Latinos. All illegals. They DO vote, there is a reason California flat out refuses to require ID to vote. My Shih Tzu could likely vote in CA.

If you hire illegal aliens you could be charged with, conspiring to defraud the United States, harboring illegal aliens for profit, and evading payment of federal employment taxes. Failing to collect and pay federal income, Social Security, Medicare, and federal employment taxes on the wages paid to its workforce. You will be charged with criminally abusing our immigration system and our tax laws for the purpose of financial gain. For more info, visit US Immigration and Customs Enforcement. To report suspicious activity, call 1-866-347-2423.
http://www.ice.gov/pi/news/newsreleases/articles/071107grandrapids.htm

Contact Elected Officials: And give them a piece of your mind.
http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

TELL THEM TO SECURE OUR PORTS & BORDERS, ASAP!

(202) 224-3121 the White House phone number

TOLL FREE NUMBERS:

Capital Switch Board:

1 (866) 220-0044
1 (800) 862-5530?
1 (877) 851-6437

US Congressional Switch Board

1 (800) 833-6354
1 (866) 340-9281
1 (877) 762-8762

If you hire illegal aliens you could be charged with, conspiring to defraud the United States, harboring illegal aliens for profit, and evading payment of federal employment taxes. Failing to collect and pay federal income, Social Security, Medicare, and federal employment taxes on the wages paid to its workforce. You will be charged with criminally abusing our immigration system and our tax laws for the purpose of financial gain. For more info, visit US Immigration and Customs Enforcement. To report suspicious activity, call 1-866-347-2423.
http://www.ice.gov/pi/news/newsreleases/articles/071107grandrapids.htm

Contact Elected Officials: And give them a piece of your mind.
http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

TELL THEM TO SECURE OUR PORTS & BORDERS, ASAP!

(202) 224-3121 the White House phone number

TOLL FREE NUMBERS:

Capital Switch Board:

1 (866) 220-0044
1 (800) 862-5530?
1 (877) 851-6437

US Congressional Switch Board

1 (800) 833-6354
1 (866) 340-9281
1 (877) 762-8762

Yes, it would be wonderful if they actually enforced that, but they refuse. Flat out refuse. Thus, states are taking it into their own hands.

I could not agree more that is a very sane logical approach to the problem. To bad it will never work.

Why do so many people beileve that anyone who wants to has the right to come here?

Well, currently it appears that they do. Do you see any politician in Washington (con or lib) lifting a finger to enforce current immigration law?

It's disgusting that states have to do the job of the fed govt while paying the fed govt for not doing their jobs.

than one term in office because they're all crooked as a dogs hind leg and longer they stay in office the more corrupt they become!

Face it it’s our own politicians who want to destroy America! They do everything in their power to create chaos and destruction to the American people. It's time for ALL politicians to go! I for one am not going down with ship! It’s time to throw management overboard!!!!!

than one term in office because they're all crooked as a dogs hind leg!

Face it it’s our own politicians who want to destroy America! They do everything in their power to create chaos and destruction to the American people. It's time for ALL politicians to go! I for one am not going down with ship! It’s time to throw management overboard!!!!!

People won't be motivated to do that until they are hungry enough and I mean that literally. Then you'll see some action.

I believe if the states cannot fix this the people will fix it and it will be a very bloody war with many people killed. You get enough parents that can't feed their children but illegals not only have jobs - they get some sort of welfare and you'll see blood.

It would be better to fix this before it gets to that point.

Americans are too weak to see blood in the streets by their hands they'll vote before they commit a violent act. Maybe they would hire soldiers of fortune??? :clap2:

Just a little note to Clayton, I bet you are not on the Christmas card list for the relatives of the immigration agent who was shot and killed while they were forced to use rubber bullets, or the relatives of the farmer who was killed in AZ. I bet you voted for obama didn't you.

Just a little note to Clayton, I bet you are not on the Christmas card list for the relatives of the immigration agent who was shot and killed while they were forced to use rubber bullets, or the relatives of the farmer who was killed in AZ. I bet you voted for obama didn't you.

It wasn't a farmer, he was a rancher and he was a person that assisted illegal immigrants that were found on his property. That said, we don't know who killed him still to this day...did you somehow see through the looking glass and find the guilty person that the police have not found?

The agent that was shot was shot while they were tracking down bandits that target illegal immigrants for kidnapping. He wasn't shot by an illegal immigrant, but by cartel that don't give a damn about staying in the US.

He did not help illegals. Had been complaining to the local sheriff about them using his ranch as a way to bring it illegals, and drugs, guns and money. And how can you catch a coward thats not going to stay there long enough for you find him. And it;s the same looking glass you are using. I would be interested to know how you came to Texas. Who did you marry :)

The border agents want to enforce the laws, but have their hands tied by the Obama administration and his appointed hoodlum buddy in the DOJ ( Eric Holder). You can't secure it when the administration doesn't want them enforced. That problem will be fixed in 2012.

The border agents want to enforce the laws, but have their hands tied by the Obama administration and his appointed hoodlum buddy in the DOJ ( Eric Holder). You can't secure it when the administration doesn't want them enforced. That problem will be fixed in 2012.

I'm sure there are some very good agents for border patrol but there are a whole lot of dirty agents as well. It's a combination of issues sort of problem. I see no solution at this point other than the states taking it into their own hands, the minutemen growing large and gearing up and we take care of it ourselves.

Ohhhh, if only we could deport the US govt!

I'm sure there are some very good agents for border patrol but there are a whole lot of dirty agents as well. It's a combination of issues sort of problem. I see no solution at this point other than the states taking it into their own hands, the minutemen growing large and gearing up and we take care of it ourselves.

Ohhhh, if only we could deport the US govt!

the minutemen? You mean like the idiot that killed a 9 year old girl who was a US citizen?

the minutemen? You mean like the idiot that killed a 9 year old girl who was a US citizen?

Not sure about this specific example but if you want to take one example and throw out the baby with the bath water than we should rid ourselves of Border Patrol, ICE, and US Customs and Border Protection:

Border Patrol Abuse Articles

US Customs and Border Protection typically get 9 weeks of training, a gun, and a whole lot of power.

See, this is what you do. You take one example out of a million and make your case based on the unusual, the extreme. Not wise, grasshopper. I can make a much bigger case with our 'trained professionals' that do far worse. Smuggling drugs, humans, drug cartel... agents that sell their Border Patrol jackets to drug smugglers so they are not as obvious crossing the desert, US agents paid by the MX drug cartel to allow drugs through the border, agents that take legals and illegals out in the middle of the desert and rape them repeatedly.

Sure you want to stick with that logic of brilliance?

Forum List

Back