My Three Sentences

Great ideas for "padding sentences". ;)

R.50274714c730ecaa240a0c0993e49af3

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo. The boat sailed on the river sank.

Thoughts?
In the writing forum, it seems like very poor writing on the first sentence, as "Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo." does not contain all the components, namely a subject, a predicate including a verb. On the second, I am not sure where the river sank is located, but names of rivers are usually capitalized.
Overall, my thoughts are poor writing, but this is the writing forum, and I am sure you did your best.

In the writing forum, it seems like very poor writing on the first sentence, as "Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo." does not contain all the components, namely a subject, a predicate including a verb. On the second, I am not sure where the river sank is located, but names of rivers are usually capitalized.
Overall, my thoughts are poor writing, but this is the writing forum, and I am sure you did your best.
All three are complete sentences.

does not contain all the components, namely a subject, a predicate including a verb.
This sentence lacks a predicate. It is not even capitalized. Very poor writing.

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo. The first word is an adjective, a city. The second word is the subject, i.e., the buffalo that live in Buffalo. The third word is a transitive verb, meaning to baffle or bewilder. The fourth word is the object, the buffalo that are bewildered by Buffalo buffalo.

On the second, I am not sure where the river sank is located, but names of rivers are usually capitalized.

The boat sailed on the river sank. Try inserting the optional conjunction. The boat that was sailed on the river sank.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back