My tattoo...

D

Dis

...is shiny in some places and not in other...:eek::eek:

I assume this is normal, since it doesn't hurt, isn't red, and doesn't really have any scabbing; just peeling? :eusa_pray:

I ain't going back to Branson to ask the dude...

The shine will wear off with the peeling. The shine is from the top "layer" of ink that is acting as your skin right now. Scabbing is bad. Keep Aquaphor on it at all times to prevent scabbing. Peeling is going to happen no matter what, but the Aquaphor will keep it minimal.

You're supposed to wash it with antibacterial soap 3-5 times a day and reapply the Aquaphor after each wash. When you wash it, make sure you wash it until it no longer feels slick. The slickness is plasma, and you want to wash that all away because it will cause scabbing.

The shine will wear off with the peeling. The shine is from the top "layer" of ink that is acting as your skin right now. Scabbing is bad. Keep Aquaphor on it at all times to prevent scabbing. Peeling is going to happen no matter what, but the Aquaphor will keep it minimal.

You're supposed to wash it with antibacterial soap 3-5 times a day and reapply the Aquaphor after each wash. When you wash it, make sure you wash it until it no longer feels slick. The slickness is plasma, and you want to wash that all away because it will cause scabbing.

o..No scabbing.. Just minor rough edging.. Wash it with Dve unscented, hypo-allergenic soap, and use Lubriderm fragrance free about 6x a day as instructed..

It's healing quite well and quite fast... I just wanted to make sure shiny was normal..

Isn't Lubriderm just lotion?

Anyway, the shiny is normal, and it's normal for it to fade.

Now it's show and tell time.

Attachments

• $tattoo2.jpg
    $tattoo2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 71

It's on my other puter - not laptop. Was posted for awhile.

Here's the original pic.

Attachments

• $2009tattoo.jpg
    $2009tattoo.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 114
I used A&D ointment on mine, never had any issues.

The biggest thing I can say is fight the urge to scratch when it itches. When mine itched I would take my fingernail and dig into the area of skin just outside the ink zone, and somehow that managed to soothe the itch.

It's been way too long since my last one, I'm due. My next one may just be my avatar.

Last edited:
keep the sun off of it..dont cover it with anything ....i hate when tat shows show them covering the tat as you leave the palor....jsanders is right....just the natural healing proces....re inking did they tell you about that....i have mine reinked about every 4 years...which is why smart people have it done locally..normally re inking is done for free from the orginal artist...you are expected to tip for the cost of the materials at least

damn boy....that aint no sissie ass tat...how long did you sit for that...how many sittings....details...lol...and how much did that cost ya? son has a red dragon on his arm.....it ran some bucks

keep the sun off of it..dont cover it with anything ....i hate when tat shows show them covering the tat as you leave the palor....jsanders is right....just the natural healing proces....re inking did they tell you about that....i have mine reinked about every 4 years...which is why smart people have it done locally..normally re inking is done for free from the orginal artist...you are expected to tip for the cost of the materials at least

Been thinking of getting mine redone. I just found out a few months ago that one of my best friends step sons has major ink. Almost his entire back is done with some of the most intricate and beautiful ink art I've ever seen. Needless to say I didn't know there was a tat artist in this area that is that good. I've just been wondering if it's worth it to drop a couple hundred bucks on an old tattoo. Usually I can find something a whole lot more constructive to spend my money on.

Oh and I meant to say the flower is very pretty. :D IF I were to get a tattoo I'd probably get a flower as well.

damn boy....that aint no sissie ass tat...how long did you sit for that...how many sittings....details...lol...and how much did that cost ya? son has a red dragon on his arm.....it ran some bucks

Did it in one sitting, took about 3 hours. It was actually a cover up for a much smaller dragon design I had before. Didn't really hurt.

Oh, and it costs $200. I paid half-price because I knew the artist.

Oh and I meant to say the flower is very pretty. :D IF I were to get a tattoo I'd probably get a flower as well.

I don't have one either but if I get one, it will be a shamrock on my leg or behind my shoulder.

I don't have one either but if I get one, it will be a shamrock on my leg or behind my shoulder.

I have a shamrock on my shoulder along with two snakes with beastly looking heads, creating a celtic knot.

I have a shamrock on my shoulder along with two snakes with beastly looking heads, creating a celtic knot.

Sounds great. I don't want one that elaborate though.

Forum List

Back