My secret life as a gay ultra-Orthodox Jew

fanger

Gold Member
May 21, 2014
Fuck israel
Chaya, not her real name, is an ultra-Orthodox Jewish woman who is gay. Here she describes her struggle to accept her sexuality, and why she has to keep it a secret from those who would make her choose between her identity and her family.

I would lose everything if I came out. We are a tightly knit community and I think few people realise just how isolated we are. In the world I live in, being gay is the equivalent of being a bad person. It's seen as an evil desire that is completely unnatural.

Soon after, my parents began to arrange a marriage for me. There is often a matchmaker involved in problem cases like mine
People I have grown up with would wonder what else I could be capable of. Few would believe that I could still be religious and if I did eventually leave the Haredi community it would mean losing my job, my home and potentially my children.
My secret life as a gay ultra-Orthodox Jew - BBC News
would she be best coming out?

May God give her the wisdom to come to a decision that is best for her relationship with Him. Fuck Arafat and all who are his apologists.

Greg

God gives us all challenges. I second what Greg says, sans the curse. Let us pray that God gives her wisdom and courage to live out His plan.

Homosexuality has been around for thousands of years, and the Jewish religion has always been against it. What makes them think that whining to the media about how tough life is is going to change a religion that doesn't change?

Forum List

Back