my quiche problem

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i make a killer quiche.....i like for the quiche to cut well and show all the veggies placed in it....i also like for it to be...cheese/pudding/veggies/crust....

i also think its very important to have bite sized veggies in the quiche....there in is the problem......bite size flows to the top...so you get cheese, veggies, pudding crust...

one should not have to use a knife on a piece of quiche

so how do i solve the problem of floating veggies

i make a killer quiche.....i like for the quiche to cut well and show all the veggies placed in it....i also like for it to be...cheese/pudding/veggies/crust....

i also think its very important to have bite sized veggies in the quiche....there in is the problem......bite size flows to the top...so you get cheese, veggies, pudding crust...

one should not have to use a knife on a piece of quiche

so how do i solve the problem of floating veggies

You need to PACK the crust with veggies and cheese. Mix them together in a bowl first.... and then fill the crust so that the veggie cheese mix is the same level/ height..you want or the crust allows.

So your problem is....not enough stuffing!!!

Then fill in the spaces with the custard. Let it sit for a bit to allow the custard to flow into all the spaces...and then top it off if it needs more custard.

then they are not layered..they are floating...i want layered...no one else seems to care.....my quiches are a work of art and they just eat them lol

then they are not layered..they are floating...i want layered...no one else seems to care.....my quiches are a work of art and they just eat them lol

Ok...i am missing the point of what you want fixed.

If the veggies float..then you will have your layers.... you you just want your layers in a different order?

okay follow me...i like the pudding on top...if they float..the veggies are where....on top

i want cheese/pudding/veggies/crust

not cheese/veggies/pudding/crust

okay follow me...i like the pudding on top...if they float..the veggies are where....on top

Ok... so what you need to do is set the veggies on the bottom.

Scramble one egg with a teaspoon of water..... and only use half of the egg misture.

Toss your veggies with the egg "glue"....put them in the crust and bake the veggies for about 10 minutes until they are "glued" into place. Then top it with the custard and continue baking.

the other way you can do it...is to put the veggies in the bottom of the crust and just enough custard in the bottom for ...glue. Bake that until everything is set into place and then fill the quiche with the remaining custard and finish baking until everything is set.

:)

cut two pieces, put them together, crust on top and bottom - enjoy.

What veggies? I like green onions and sliced mushrooms with crispy crumbled bacon.

Dam that sounds good...guess what I'm making for supper.

Last edited:

cut two pieces, put them together, crust on top and bottom - enjoy.

What veggies? I like green onions and sliced mushrooms with crispy crumbled bacon.

Dam that sounds good...guess what I'm making for supper.

Ended up making a quick quiche with portabella mushrooms, bacon and green onions...mmm, mmm good.

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

Used this recipe, prep was 15 minutes, cooking time was 45 minutes @ 400 degrees!!!

(She says 200, but that's Celcius...she's in Perth)

I also used all purpose flour, and regular cheese...no problem.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MN3CeuaWuw"]Easy Quiche Recipe - YouTube[/ame]

Cook the custard until it's about half done...then carefully stir in the veggies towards the end.

Maybe that will work. That's how you keep fruit from floating in jello..you let it half set and then stir the fruit in and re-set it. I think you'll be okay if you don't over work it, or wait too long...

Forum List

Back