My pup is hurting :(

Still not great. If I give him his pills, he throws up. Not eating well but eating some. I called his vet and we removed some of his meds to see if that would help. This morning he ate a little chicken and rice, and did not throw up, but he also has had none of his meds. I have some ground deer meat in the freezer and I'm going to cook that and see if it might tempt him. I also have some an antiacid I can give him safely and am going to try that. This surgery has been so hard on him :(

Still not great. If I give him his pills, he throws up. Not eating well but eating some. I called his vet and we removed some of his meds to see if that would help. This morning he ate a little chicken and rice, and did not throw up, but he also has had none of his meds. I have some ground deer meat in the freezer and I'm going to cook that and see if it might tempt him. I also have some an antiacid I can give him safely and am going to try that. This surgery has been so hard on him :(

Maybe if you stopped feeding your dog rice, that's for asians.

It also helps with stomach issues - easy to digest, good for short term gi issues :)

The Tramadol is making him nauseous. I had a dog with cancer and he had to take that. It killed the pain but he couldn't eat without barfing.

It also helps with stomach issues - easy to digest, good for short term gi issues :)

Pepto helps too.

The Tramadol is making him nauseous. I had a dog with cancer and he had to take that. It killed the pain but he couldn't eat without barfing.

He's been on tramadol for over a year but maybe all this together has tipped him over the edge. So far this today - no pills, no barfing.

He's been on tramadol for over a year but maybe all this together has tipped him over the edge. So far this today - no pills, no barfing.

poor thing.... im glad he ate some of the chicken and rice.

he may also be dehydrated..... lift the skin on the back of his neck...if it does not spring back quickly he may need fluids.

I am glad he is getting food down...and no barfing when he does!! I will keep sending prayers for him and you both.

Skin seems ok Syrenn, he keeps water down when he drinks. Gave him his dinner - boiled venison and rice and he's hungry and eating!!!! :) Hasn't barfed all day.

I'm going to give him only the antibiotic later this evening and no other pills.

I have taken to using the magic bullet for Moki's dry dog food. Wet food in a can give him the runs, so I took that purina chow, added some hot water, stuck it in the bullet, whipped it to tiny chunks (he has no teeth) and TA DA!! No runs for 3 days now!

If your pup needs smaller pieces, don't forget your dicer! Works like a charm.

Skin seems ok Syrenn, he keeps water down when he drinks. Gave him his dinner - boiled venison and rice and he's hungry and eating!!!! :) Hasn't barfed all day.

I'm going to give him only the antibiotic later this evening and no other pills.

yay!!

hungry and keeping it down is huge!

I know dehydration in cats can make them go down hill fast.... they feel bad and wont eat. So the cycle gets worse.

when does he go back for a check up?

Oh, and carrots are great as snacks. I am afraid mine will gobble them too fast, so I dice them. Unless they are cooked carrots. Give pup some of those. its good for him and he will like them to boot.:)

Oh, and carrots are great as snacks. I am afraid mine will gobble them too fast, so I dice them. Unless they are cooked carrots. Give pup some of those. its good for him and he will like them to boot.:)

that is where poaching chicken is good.... you put it all in the pot, poach away and the carrots come out and they can eat them too.

Yup. That's what I put in the crockpot once a week. A cut up chicken..or lamb if it is on sale. Cup or two of rice, chopped up carrots. Kitchen always smells good when I make their stew, lol. And, I have a hard time keeping people from eating what is for my furkids!

Yup. That's what I put in the crockpot once a week. A cut up chicken..or lamb if it is on sale. Cup or two of rice, chopped up carrots. Kitchen always smells good when I make their stew, lol. And, I have a hard time keeping people from eating what is for my furkids!

chicken and rice kitty casserole. :eusa_angel:

yay!!

I know dehydration in cats can make them go down hill fast.... they feel bad and wont eat. So the cycle gets worse.

Cats are so much harder - they hide illness until it is very late :(

He gets checked in another week - stitches come out. He ate some more venison/rice - no barfing. Right now he is stretched out next to me sleeping :)

Damn I love that dog!!!!

Yesterday, he was sitting hunched and panting. He is def more comfortable. And no barfing :)

Right now he won't take them. Usually when I'm chopping veggies my dogs are lined up for handouts. Except my Rue - he was probably raised on the doggie equivalent of junkfood, he doesn't like veggies.

yay!!

Cats are so much harder - they hide illness until it is very late :(

He gets checked in another week - stitches come out. He ate some more venison/rice - no barfing. Right now he is stretched out next to me sleeping :)

Damn I love that dog!!!!

Yesterday, he was sitting hunched and panting. He is def more comfortable. And no barfing :)

having some food most likely made him feel better..... good job tempting him into eating.

Improvement!!!!!! He ate all his dinner today - venison and rice, at his breakfast (in two parts) but this evening - he was eager to eat. No panting, no signs of discomfort, no throwing up :)

Damn I'm so relieved. Of course he's had no pills but he seems comfortable, he's sleeping next to me - able to get up, but his legs are stiff, no signs of pain. I'm going to not give him any pills for at least the next day and see how he progresses.

I was beginning to worry about something like pancreatitus but I think he is on the mend :)

Forum List

Back