My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

I think a reasonable person would admit that there are pros and cons for allowing teachers to carry. Obvious pros and cons. So I wonder what other ideas we could toss out, instead of the standard personal attacks, and name calling 'n stuff.

According to the internet (so it must be true), there are about 106,000 schools of all levels in America. Let's say paying, arming and equipping two full time guards costs $300,000 per year. That would total $31,800,000,000. If I'm counting my zeroes correctly, that's $32 billion.

Or we could allow school districts to make their own decisions about individual school security and allot them $300,000 annually per school. This might include guards, special lock systems, cool tech 'n cameras, who knows, I don't know shit about this. $32 billion. $500,000 per school would be $53 billion. I do like the idea of letting school boards decide, as there would be direct, local planning & accountability for everything.

Then we get some sober, reasonable Democrat and Republican congresspeople (assuming we can find them) and lock them in a room with no shower privileges until they come out with a list of improved regulations with which they can all agree. None of them would be allowed to sprint to the teevee cameras to spew their bullshit. The ideas that come out are a group effort, and they're all responsible for them. Maybe a 10% tax on gun sales to help pay for school safety. That would contribute about $3 billion to the plan I mention above. Maybe bring our troops home from various shitholes around the world. How much would that save?

How about that for a start? I'd vote for it.
You cannot tax a constitutional right, dumb ass!
No, but you can tax a retail sale, Einstein.

Some mass assassins don't always deploy assault rifles to execute people. The gunman in the 2007 Virginia Tech slaughter used semi-automatic handguns.
Military style semi automatic rifles and handguns should be effectively banned in order to lower the rate of public massacres and the rate of firearm homicides. By effectively banned I mean rigorous requirements must be met to possess either of the classes.

Go right ahead and try to repeal the 2nd Amendment. You'll get a revolution.

So if someone broke into your home you wouldnt use them to defend you and your family?
You think I leave them lying around assembled, loaded and unsecured? Gun nuts' fantasies never deal in reality.

Why would you disassemble your guns? Nobody does that unless you're cleaning them. Which of course makes me doubt you actually own a firearm.
I always have a loaded firearm near by.
It saved me and the Wife on one occasion.

I think a reasonable person would admit that there are pros and cons for allowing teachers to carry. Obvious pros and cons. So I wonder what other ideas we could toss out, instead of the standard personal attacks, and name calling 'n stuff.

According to the internet (so it must be true), there are about 106,000 schools of all levels in America. Let's say paying, arming and equipping two full time guards costs $300,000 per year. That would total $31,800,000,000. If I'm counting my zeroes correctly, that's $32 billion.

Or we could allow school districts to make their own decisions about individual school security and allot them $300,000 annually per school. This might include guards, special lock systems, cool tech 'n cameras, who knows, I don't know shit about this. $32 billion. $500,000 per school would be $53 billion. I do like the idea of letting school boards decide, as there would be direct, local planning & accountability for everything.

Then we get some sober, reasonable Democrat and Republican congresspeople (assuming we can find them) and lock them in a room with no shower privileges until they come out with a list of improved regulations with which they can all agree. None of them would be allowed to sprint to the teevee cameras to spew their bullshit. The ideas that come out are a group effort, and they're all responsible for them. Maybe a 10% tax on gun sales to help pay for school safety. That would contribute about $3 billion to the plan I mention above. Maybe bring our troops home from various shitholes around the world. How much would that save?

How about that for a start? I'd vote for it.
You cannot tax a constitutional right, dumb ass!
No, but you can tax a retail sale, Einstein.

Bull shit. Try a poll tax or literacy test. Been there done that.

Forum List

Back