My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

Hope you daughter never has to deal with it.

Kids are tough to relate to sometimes. I have one that was a Bernie nut and one "gun nut" as the lefties like to call them.

BOTH girls in their twenties so I just nod and say yes dear...

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

Hope you daughter never has to deal with it. Kids are tough to relate to sometimes. I have one that was a Bernie nut and one "gun nut" as the lefties like to call them. BOTH girls in their twenties so I just nod and say yes dear...
So you had one kid that turned out well despite your negative influence. One out of two ain’t bad.
Maybe I should have started this thread in the CDZ.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

My guess is that the school will resist letting teachers arm themselves (those that actually own arms and are trained to use them) because lawyers have their heads up everyone's asses about fear of legal liability, even if they arm with the same ammo used by Marshalls aboard planes (won't go through walls) so as a result, NO ONE is willing to take action, take the initiative, or lead. If schools were smart, they would incorporate an intruder control system unknown to anyone but faculty that if a gunman enters the building, classrooms can be locked down and isolated while the intruder is restricted to a hallway, etc., long enough that he can be hit with a gas spray to immobilize or incapacitate him until authorities can arrive. It really isn't that hard if we can get the fucking lawyers out of everyone's asses.

Shooter training.

My guess is that the school will resist letting teachers arm themselves (those that actually own arms and are trained to use them) because lawyers have their heads up everyone's asses about fear of legal liability, even if they arm with the same ammo used by Marshalls aboard planes (won't go through walls) so as a result, NO ONE is willing to take action, take the initiative, or lead. If schools were smart, they would incorporate an intruder control system unknown to anyone but faculty that if a gunman enters the building, classrooms can be locked down and isolated while the intruder is restricted to a hallway, etc., long enough that he can be hit with a gas spray to immobilize or incapacitate him until authorities can arrive. It really isn't that hard if we can get the fucking lawyers out of everyone's asses.
One idea that the trainer brought up - so it must be circulating - was to have a gun in a locked safe in every classroom. The teachers shot that idea down (oops) for a variety of reasons, and I can understand that. But it seems to me that if there are a few employees willing to carry it could (could) make a difference.

It's insane that we're even having to talk about this, and it's indicative of a much larger problem.

It's insane that we're even having to talk about this, and it's indicative of a much larger problem.
Where the inmates are running the asylum and the answer is always more guns.

Wouldn't you be happier for your daughter's sake if handguns and military style semi automatics (mssa) weren't so easily available? Or do you think her vulnerability is a reasonable price to pay for easy access to handguns and mmsa?

Last edited:

Shooter training.

Crying over going through training?

What in the hell?

Anyway, I hope the training regarding detecting psychos is next. It seems like some of these teachers are trying to close their eyes as hard as they can.

Shooter training.

That’s awesome.

In spite of what occurred on Wednesday, your children ( and their teachers ) are much less likely to be shot in school than they are in their own homes.

The idea that introducing firearms into classrooms will result in a safer environment for children is ludicrous. Fear is a poor basis for sound decision making.

In spite of what occurred on Wednesday, your children ( and their teachers ) are much less likely to be shot in school than they are in their own homes.

The idea that introducing firearms into classrooms will result in a safer environment for children is ludicrous. Fear is a poor basis for sound decision making.

Total horseshit.

Drownings in bath tubes 2010: slightly less than 100.

School shooting victims year 2017: less than 30.

Indeed you have a better chance at drowning in bath tube than dying in school shooting. Yet your daughter is shaking.

Maybe she shouldn't buy into the far left agenda so hard. Keep herself in the observable reality and all that.

The situation is so overblown only because the political interest of taking away people's guns. People without guns are a synonym for sheep, and farming sheep is profitable endeavor.

Total horseshit.

Oh no! bripat9643 has challenged me!! This is gonna be so difficult.

He’s definitely going to provide a shitload of evidence which proves that kids are safer at home than at school. He will overwhelm me with facts before I can say fuck off!

Shooter training.

Be glad she called you
Calling the FBI would have been worthless

Forum List

Back