My (insert title) is the most beautiful (insert again) in the WORLD to me!

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I know a guy who was dating a chick. The girl ha(s)d issues. During one discussion she mentioned if he (her boyfriend) thought of ANY OTHER girl as being 'attractive', it meant he didn't love her (the girl making the statement).

Her idea was this: If two people are in love it's impossible for them to find ANYONE else attractive, or to think another was pretty, handsome, etc.

After careful anal.....ysis, I determined this poor girl had HUGE rejection issues, likely stemming from an absent father-figure in her life. That, and she was a teenager. Compounding hormones with lack of wisdom, and you'll see all KINDS of such 'pearls of wisdom'.

Frankly, my viewing audience, I've decided to offer up the topic for discussion:

1. Is it disrespectful towards your current 'other' if you comment that another is or could be attractive?

2. Do you 'look' at others in the way which could get you a jab in the ribs from YOUR 'other's' elbow?

3. Do you, or your 'other' get pissed off, for more than about 2 minutes, if you catch them, or they catch you looking?

Bonus!
What colour pants am I wearing at this moment?

To answer my questions:

1. Not in the least.
2. Yes - I look, but rarely 'oogle'
3. No. After continued exposure to her mentioning or looking at guys I can get self-conscious, and need to be re-affirmed - but I am more 'woman' than 'man' when it comes to temperament anyway.

Bonus:
Sort of a weird dark green colour.

1. Is it disrespectful towards your current 'other' if you comment that another is or could be attractive? No, we both point out extremely attractive people to one another

2. Do you 'look' at others in the way which could get you a jab in the ribs from YOUR 'other's' elbow? No

3. Do you, or your 'other' get pissed off, for more than about 2 minutes, if you catch them, or they catch you looking? No

Bonus!
What colour pants am I wearing at this moment? Sort of a weird dark green colour.

:D

-=d=- said:
1. Is it disrespectful towards your current 'other' if you comment that another is or could be attractive?

2. Do you 'look' at others in the way which could get you a jab in the ribs from YOUR 'other's' elbow?

3. Do you, or your 'other' get pissed off, for more than about 2 minutes, if you catch them, or they catch you looking?

Bonus!
What colour pants am I wearing at this moment?

1. I don't think so. My wife and I talk about other people being attractive, but in an abstract kind of way.

2. No. (My wife is that good looking!)

3. Hasn't happened to us so far.

Bonus question: Sort of a weird dark green colour.

BONUS: My Wifey-poo's answers!

1. Depends on the context. "That's a nice-looking, attractive person" is OK; "I'd like to shag her rotten" is not.

2. No. (I'm that good-looking!)

3. No.

Bonus question: Sort of a weird dark green colour.

Forum List

Back