My dogs got out...

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Sheesh my dil stays home during the day with the three dogs and my 5-y.o. granddaughter, and she isn't vigilant enough about the doors. So little girl came to her to tell her the terrier was out...and when my dil went out to catch the terrier, the saint opened the door and off they ran.

And Mylo jumped some little dog, somewhere....and little dog was taken to the vet, where it was discovered there was some blood but nothing serious, so now I'll have to pay for that.

Mylo. I swear.

Last edited:
So the guy with the little dog signed a complaint, what an asshole. His dog is fine, we're neighbors, I've lived here a year and apparently he wasn't even aware we had dogs until today. Initially he told the cop that his dog was fine, then he called back and said he had to take it to the vet, but it wasn't serious (what a fucking waste). What sort of fucking neighbor files a complaint because a 5 year old lets the dog out, when nobody is hurt and it has never happened before?

Anyway, I get to talk to the cops about it tomorrow. My dil swears the dogs never touched...she watched Mylo run down the hill towards the guy, and he had picked up his dog by the time she got there.

Still makes me want to put an ad on craigslist...'Free to any home at all...unpleasant, allergic, neurotic asshole bitch from hell."

So the guy with the little dog signed a complaint, what an asshole. His dog is fine, we're neighbors, I've lived here a year and apparently he wasn't even aware we had dogs until today. Initially he told the cop that his dog was fine, then he called back and said he had to take it to the vet, but it wasn't serious (what a fucking waste). What sort of fucking neighbor files a complaint because a 5 year old lets the dog out, when nobody is hurt and it has never happened before?

Anyway, I get to talk to the cops about it tomorrow. My dil swears the dogs never touched...she watched Mylo run down the hill towards the guy, and he had picked up his dog by the time she got there.

Yeah, that happened to me once... My dog rushed a little dog to say hello, and it's owner went crazy. Nothing happened but wagging tails and a little sniffing, and the dogs were having a good time too. :lol: People with little dogs always seem to be real uptight.

I understand that it's alarming; she runs like a juggernaut, and she's barking, and she will roll them.....and she has a 115 lb dog right behind her barking and jumping..I get it. BUT NOBODY GOT HURT. It isn't like I have them out loose running around, or I was walking them without leashes...a little kid let them out, and there he was, with his little dog "lunch" on a leash.

They aren't vicious. They're dogs. Mylo probably watches that dog walk by every day at the same time. He got his dog up and nobody is the worse for wear. So why be an asshole about it? I could see if it happened regularly, or if we'd talked about it before and I didn't take steps or something.

I live in a community full of elderly people, and typically I feel very benevolent towards them...but I swear the whole dog thing does me in. These frail elderly folks totter around with tiny little dogs in neighborhoods where there are rambunctious kids, working families, and big family dogs...and then they want the families to get tickets if their dogs get out and scare them. What an asshole.

What sort of fucking neighbor files a complaint because a 5 year old lets the dog out, when nobody is hurt and it has never happened before?

Most communities have leash laws nowdays...

... unless ya live out in some rural Podunk Jct. area...

... never know how loose dogs runnin' around is gonna turn out...

... had a loose dog situation in mobile home park where I used to live...

... first they killed my neighbor's dog...

... then they came at a kid who lived behind me...

... then they came at me...

... then they came at me and park manager when I went to get her about it...

... then I went to get my 9mm. when the manager went to talk to the dogs' owner...

... then they came at me again when I tried to cover the manager...

... then I shot at one who decided not to be a bad dog real quick and backed off...

... other dog kept comin' at me and when I shot it, I would have blown my toe off had I not hit the dog right as it had it's mouth inches from my leg...

... owner took me to court over it but case was dismissed when the judge learned the owner was cited by animal control for the first dog still runnin' loose when animal control finally showed up 45 minutes later...

... ya just never know how things gonna turn out when dogs is allowed to run loose.

Leash laws to keep dogs on leashes inside the house?

They got let out. My dil was right behind her, and almost had her, and the other dog got out, and they ran down the street. 15 minutes, both dogs were in.

I know that you don't know how it's going to turn out...but nothing came of it, the dogs aren't vicious, nobody got hurt, it was an accident.

Sometimes little kids open the door and the dog runs out. If you happen to be standing with your little dog in front of the house when it happens, the dogs are going to run up to you.

And I already pointed out..I understand if the dogs are a nuisance or there's been a problem before, or if anyone got hurt. But none of that is the case. I've never gotten a ticket for my dogs, I've never had a complaint filed. Kids are in and out of my house all the time, and nobody has ever gotten hurt and though the dogs have gotten out a couple of times, it's always been super brief, and I've been right behind them, and they don't attack people. I obey leash laws, my dogs have their shots...they aren't vicious. They just got out. I don't *allow* them to run loose. I never have.

Last edited:
my 5 y.o. granddaughter.

She's occasionally naughty. It's very rare, lol...but she's going through a stage with the doors, and now she can unlock them so we need to put locks higher up.

Its just good that they were not injured. It could have been worse, and hopefully the person who made the complaint withdraws it, after he sees sense.

$65 for unnecessary trip to the vet and, get this..ANTI-ANXIETY MEDS for the weenie dog.

Lol..oh well, no citation and hopefully will lay groundwork for positive interaction with him as a neighbor. The old guy's wife just died and he got the dog to replace her. He's well on his way to making the poor thing a complete nutcase, but you gotta feel for the old codger. I'll call him later today and coo in his ear.

Still makes me want to put an ad on craigslist...'Free to any home at all...unpleasant, allergic, neurotic asshole bitch from hell."

Is that for the dog, or the DIL?

*never-mind* I see I didn't read far enough......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back