My disappointment with the Left in the Wilson-Brown case.

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
While I try to take a moderate, reasonable view of many issues that arise in the US, there are times when the extreme views of those either on the far right or the far left move my barometer of understanding to one side or the other. The reaction of many in the far left community has been a disappointment, and yet, one that does not surprise me. Just as facts sometimes get in the way of the far right, I think this is an instance when the far left turns a blind eye to what really happened.

I am very disappointed with CNN. The majority of what I have heard is race bating and interviews with "lawyers" who have their agenda's labeled on their foreheads even as they are introduced. The far left and ultra-liberals need to understand that just as the far right can run themselves into bias partisan, so too can the left. Stop trying to skew the facts and ignore the news that does not fit your agenda. While I may have missed it, I have seen nothing either on the CNN web site or the TV news show that even mentions the travesty of the NY Times publishing Wilson's address. CNN, the left, get a grip and accept the facts.

While I try to take a moderate, reasonable view of many issues that arise in the US, there are times when the extreme views of those either on the far right or the far left move my barometer of understanding to one side or the other. The reaction of many in the far left community has been a disappointment, and yet, one that does not surprise me. Just as facts sometimes get in the way of the far right, I think this is an instance when the far left turns a blind eye to what really happened.

I am very disappointed with CNN. The majority of what I have heard is race bating and interviews with "lawyers" who have their agenda's labeled on their foreheads even as they are introduced. The far left and ultra-liberals need to understand that just as the far right can run themselves into bias partisan, so too can the left. Stop trying to skew the facts and ignore the news that does not fit your agenda. While I may have missed it, I have seen nothing either on the CNN web site or the TV news show that even mentions the travesty of the NY Times publishing Wilson's address. CNN, the left, get a grip and accept the facts.

I get that completely. I am currently debating on another thread with a lefty that insists Brown paid for the smokes even though Browns friend Johnson ADMITS they stole them.

Obviously this lefty knows more than Johnson.

You are right though, the far right is sometimes as guilty as the left and the media does not help at all

they aren't any different then fox noise

I agree totally. It has gotten to a very uncomfortable point where each news item cannot be judged at face value anymore. All of the media outlets have their own agenda and spin according to their predetermined perception. Why can't they just report the news and let us decide what it means?

not

I get that completely. I am currently debating on another thread with a lefty that insists Brown paid for the smokes even though Browns friend Johnson ADMITS they stole them.

Obviously this lefty knows more than Johnson.

You are right though, the far right is sometimes as guilty as the left and the media does not help at all
Did he even have the cigars on him when shot?

I thought he threw them down, then shook the store owner in frustration at not getting away with it.

It was stupidity got him killed, his own stupidity.

Nothing else.

The anger seething in the black community is over Barack Hussein Obama not being able to deliver anything to them, Hope and Change was a fraud, like the "Arab Spring".

And down in the hood, they know they didn't get jack shit after six years of the phony.

I agree totally. It has gotten to a very uncomfortable point where each news item cannot be judged at face value anymore. All of the media outlets have their own agenda and spin according to their predetermined perception. Why can't they just report the news and let us decide what it means?
Do you think Ted Turner led them in that direction?

Jim dear, we've been trying to tell you how the lamestream media is BIASED and now it's seems some has become an enemy to us. Like the one's stoking the flames on Fergurson. But good to see you wake up to it Finally.
Happy Thanksgiving:beer:

Do you think Ted Turner led them in that direction?

Just as Murdoch leads FOX in their direction, correct?

Jim dear, we've been trying to tell you how the lamestream media is BIASED and now it's seems some has become an enemy to us. Like the one's stoking the flames on Fergurson. But good to see you wake up to it Finally.

Same to you Steph, especially if you add your beloved FOX to that list.

In any case, I hope you have a safe and uneventfully relaxing Thanksgiving.

get a grip and accept the facts.

When I look at the "facts" as provided by the GJ testimony all I have are some serious questions that need to be answered.

Let's throw a couple of them out there and ignore the media, just look at them from a logical POV.

The legal purpose of a GJ is not to view exculpatory evidence. Instead it is only required to examine the evidence to see if it meets the low bar necessary to press charges. What happened in the Ferguson GJ instead? The jurors were shown exculpatory evidence. WTF?

Furthermore the person against whom the charges might be filed is NEVER allowed to testify in front of a GJ. Officer Wilson was allowed to testify and to answer questions. WTF?

The FDP had access to two videos of what transpired in the shop. One showed a minor altercation and the other showed Brown purchasing the cigarillos. Why was only the incriminating one released by the FPD?

Michael Brown was walking down the middle of the road in broad daylight with the "evidence" from the alleged "robbery" in his hand. He did not try to flee the scene when stopped by Officer Wilson. He only started running after Wilson shot him in the hand. Why would a robbery suspect not behave like a suspect? Was it because he had done nothing wrong?

In Wilson's testimony to the GJ he claimed that MB hit him 3 times. Twice before shooting him in the hand and once afterwards. Who hits someone in the face with the same hand he was just shot in at point blank range? I don't recall any of the autopsy results mentioning abrasions on MB's hands that occur when you have been punching someone in the face.

Those are just a few of the questions that need to be answered in my opinion. If there had been a genuine trial these are the kinds of questions that would have been raised.

For the last time. It's not about whether Michael Brown stole something or got into an altercation with Wilson.

It's the excessive force used against Brown. That police instead of training them to subdue the suspect instead fires 10 shots at a clearly unarmed suspect. That the cop, who is trying to not to go to jail, uses his experience to say the right things to a Grand Jury so he doesn't get charged with murder. If this was anyone but a cop, you wouldn't believe that person but because someone wears a badge, they automatically tell the truth?

The police need cameras on their persons that is automatically uploaded to a server so that we have an accurate description of the event without rely heavily on a person who is trying to avoid jail time to completely say the truth.

I knew you couldn't let Fox news go for some reason. They are the # 1 news station watched by people. so you decide why.
I've shown you this gif over and over. It explains for the BIAS of the Lamestream channels. More people need to wake up to it. Or be mislead or outright lied to

Two utility workers who witness the incident tell a different story. Maybe the firs 2-3 shots were self defense; the last shots were an execution. But we'll never know the truth. This case is closed.

That's precisely what Fox News does. At the risk of being labelled a "right winger" for watching it, you should give it another look. No other cable news channel gives more air time to diverse and opposing points of view. And compared to MSNBC, which has been estimated to be 85% political opinion, Fox News gives you more actual "news" than any of these other networks too. Their motto, "We report, YOU decide," is precisely what you're asking for, and they deliver on that promise.

That's precisely what Fox News does. At the risk of being labelled a "right winger" for watching it, you should give it another look. No other cable news channel gives more air time to diverse and opposing points of view. And compared to MSNBC, which has been estimated to be 85% political opinion, Fox News gives you more actual "news" than any of these other networks too. Their motto, "We report, YOU decide," is precisely what you're asking for, and they deliver on that promise.

yep, that is why groups like MediaMatters and others went out on a hate campaign to try and discredit them. And we see all the time (even on here) how many people has fallen for it. The outright HATE for a news station is something to behold from the people on the lefty side of the isle. I can't stand the lies from the Msnbc so I just don't WATCH THEM or any other of the news stations.

You might want to watch Foxnews some.

Happy Thanksgiving Jim.

I'm trying to avoid getting mired in the soup today. But you must marvel at the defense of FOX by some and be comforted by the fact that nobody came to the defense of CNN. Normal people don't care about the reputation of cable news stations.

JFK is right. There are questions that remain open. Questions that a camera or a cross examination could answer. My son's department is moving to body cameras for all officers.

Fantastic analysis. Happy Thanksgiving.

I knew you couldn't let Fox news go for some reason. They are the # 1 news station watched by people. so you decide why.
I've shown you this gif over and over. It explains for the BIAS of the Lamestream channels. More people need to wake up to it. Or be mislead or outright lied to

Tried to give you a chance to show u are unbiased. You blew it.....

Tried to give you a chance to show you are unbiased and u blew it.

Forum List

Back