My Daughter the Thespain

Sep 12, 2008
My daughter's jr High is putting on a play:"Romeo and Juliet, Live at last." It is about a Jr High production of Romeo and Juliet. My daughter has the role of the ditzy costume designer. She gets about 10 lines.

They had dress rehearsal today. Her school is way across town, and my son is nursing a bug, so I sat and watched the rehearsal off and on as I did my homework that is due on Monday.
It is a fun play, and the kids had a lot of fun doing it. Since the costumes were supposed to be offbeat, they had a lot of fun with them.

The teacher in charge is a bit of a control freak, but I guess that is what directors are supposed to be.

We did a pot luck lunch, pizza provided by the school We brought along a fruit platter. I think I am now officially too old for pizza and soda pop.

When we got back my son had finished off three cans of chicken noodle soup and and a gallon of orange juice, so he was feeling better.

I regret not bringing along my camera. My daughter, being a teenager, is grateful for my senility.

My Daughter the Thespain

The people of Spain must be really pissed off that the word 'Thespian' is 'The Spain'.

Forum List

Back