Huzzah! I've achieved a breakthrough

Big Fitz

User Quit *****
Nov 23, 2009
One of my hobbies is tabletop role playing game design.

Yes, yes....

NERRRRRRRRRD! ahem...

Anyway, for years I've been noodling off and on with a system that has a lot of potential, but I couldn't seem to get around the corner on a few sticky issues, such as damage in combat.

Task resolution? No problem, with instant experience system built in.

Skills, Advantages/Disadvantages? Massive data set but quickly is becoming no problem.

Initiative system? Best damn system ever!

Damage... errrrr... crap.

Well, the other day I had a breakthrough when I got a copy of Blue Planet and found the missing piece of the puzzle. The system they have in there, the Synergy system... well it's not the greatest, but it showed me the way to deal with a wound system of damage that finally made sense for me to use. So I worked at it a bit and pounded my way through. I now got it figured out.

Plus some discoveries on the concept of size scales as well as realizing that penetration values are critical components to damage (it's what makes so many items so lethal!), it all came together nicely.

Finally, a clean and hopefully quick system that is scaleable in BOTH directions from the micro to the macro.

Now comes the hard part... pointing out equipment.

Ahhhhhh.... I feel better. Sighhh..... NOW, I need a scribe... secretary... SOMEONE else to write down my ramblings and get this into a coherent form for use.

Had to share/rant/spazz.
:eusa_pray:
:confused:
:eusa_hand:
:cuckoo:
:lol:
:eusa_shhh:
:eusa_whistle:

You need to create a message board to discuss this further. When you do, please PM me the link.

Forum List

Back