CDZ My child's right to a safe school versus your right to guns

Because the teacher is the one in the classroom guarding the door.

Is that how it plays out in your mind? What makes you think that's how it plays out? What about the teachers evacuating the students?

The bottom line is that no solution is perfect, and doing nothing while insisting on perfection is fruitless.

Doing this is more damaging than doing nothing at all.

In your paranoid mind. Some districts already have armed teachers, with no problems. Scared yet?

2aguy, a paid blogger who knows better, is wrong: requiring insurance for guns is legal.

hadit lives in a delusion that everyone wants his guns: not so. And no one is talking about a world of perfection. Armed teachers are OK, as long as their duty is to protect their classroom and not go looking for the shooter. That is the SRO's duty.

ghook believes in a world of hopelessness. Take your meds and make a life for yourself.

Criminal negligence is against the law but that judgement is made in a court of law and not by members of society at large.

Problem is when it comes to gun owners, none of them are held criminally negligible for when their guns go missing, get stolen, and/or are used in crimes.

Members of society at large are well advised to mind their own business rather than speculate about people they do not know.

So I guess that applies to abortion too, then?
Is the owner of a car held criminally liable if his car is stolen and used in a crime?

No, but cars are insured and if your car is stolen, your premiums go up. So there's accountability and responsibility there. No such accountability or responsibility exists for guns.

That has nothing to do with criminal negligence does it?

And my guns are insured so fuck you.

The law proposed by the democrats in the House would make ALL semi automatic weapons with a detachable magazine illegal to own. THAT IS confiscation .

2aguy, a paid blogger who knows better, is wrong: requiring insurance for guns is legal.

hadit lives in a delusion that everyone wants his guns: not so. And no one is talking about a world of perfection. Armed teachers are OK, as long as their duty is to protect their classroom and not go looking for the shooter. That is the SRO's duty.

ghook believes in a world of hopelessness. Take your meds and make a life for yourself.

How big of an idiot thinks I'm afraid people are going to take away what I don't have? I've never said I ever owned a gun.

And yes, I've always said an armed teacher's duty is to barricade his/her students behind whatever is available and guard the one narrow opening through which a shooter has to enter.

So? The same is true of cars and most any other item. Are you in favor of punishing victims instead of criminals?

Cars are insured, and if your car is stolen your premiums go up.

Also, nearly 100% of car thefts are reported to the police. Gun thefts? Just 86%. So y'all can't even get an "A" when it comes to reporting gun thefts. So why the fuck do you think you're responsible people?

"So I guess that applies to abortion too, then?"
Sure. None of my business

Great. Glad we're in agreement that if a woman wants to get an abortion it's her right to do so.

Guns can be insured same as cars.
To me the height of irresponsibility is not having the will and the means to defend your children and wife from harm.

Admiral DumbAss, the NRA is fighting the expansion of background checks, yes.

9thIDdoc and GW, we are not living in 1789. SCOTUS and most of America accepts the Constitution as a living document. Your arguments thus are useless if they feel good.

Bullspit. The Constitution remains the highest law in the land and it is unchanging except for the the amendment process. The concept of it being "a living document" is treasonous. End of story.
Well, bless you. Write SCOTUS and the rest of the federal judiciary they have it wrong.

They don't; you do. The express purpose of SCOTUS is to interpret (not change) the Constitution.It is not empowered to change one word, comma, or period and they are in fact sworn to protect and defend the Constitution (as written). As a part of government the possibility of SCOTUS becoming corrupt is a type of tyranny the 2nd Amendment was intended to counter.
You clearly don't understand that the Constitution is interpreted in case law and by SCOTUS, not by you or me or anyone else.

And it is precious that you believe the armed citizenry today could take on the LEO and military. Silly.

Interpret; not change.
And you might do well to remember that LEOs and the military are also sworn to to protect and defend the Constitution (not government) from all enemies foreign and domestic and in this country the government is to be held accountable to the people; not the other way around. Real Americans understand these basic facts.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

We need to find a way to break that access link between a nut and a gun.

We need to identify the first problem, which is

28055684_10157113972798626_1592330457764003957_n.jpg

I got a late start on this, but gun nuts as you disparagingly refer to gun owners are not threatening your children.

The monkeys pretending to be LEOs and political leaders didn't do their job and see to it that existing laws get enforced.

If you're going to blame people, make sure you got the right party.

The law proposed by the democrats in the House would make ALL semi automatic weapons with a detachable magazine illegal to own. THAT IS confiscation .
Show me the part of the bill that requires confiscation of such weapons.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

I got a late start on this, but gun nuts as you disparagingly refer to gun owners are not threatening your children.

The monkeys pretending to be LEOs and political leaders didn't do their job and see to it that existing laws get enforced.

If you're going to blame people, make sure you got the right party.
Oh, I am pointing the finger at the right people, those who refuse to help keep guns out of the hands of crazies.

Show me the part of the bill that requires confiscation of such weapons.

OMG! What semantics some want to play. If you voluntarily give it up, it don't count as confiscation. Really?

So, when cops enter your home on unrelated charges, they will confiscate the weapon. At the end of the day it is what it is.

Admiral DumbAss, the NRA is fighting the expansion of background checks, yes.

9thIDdoc and GW, we are not living in 1789. SCOTUS and most of America accepts the Constitution as a living document. Your arguments thus are useless if they feel good.

Bullspit. The Constitution remains the highest law in the land and it is unchanging except for the the amendment process. The concept of it being "a living document" is treasonous. End of story.
Well, bless you. Write SCOTUS and the rest of the federal judiciary they have it wrong.

They don't; you do. The express purpose of SCOTUS is to interpret (not change) the Constitution.It is not empowered to change one word, comma, or period and they are in fact sworn to protect and defend the Constitution (as written). As a part of government the possibility of SCOTUS becoming corrupt is a type of tyranny the 2nd Amendment was intended to counter.
You clearly don't understand that the Constitution is interpreted in case law and by SCOTUS, not by you or me or anyone else.

And it is precious that you believe the armed citizenry today could take on the LEO and military. Silly.

Interpret; not change.
And you might do well to remember that LEOs and the military are also sworn to to protect and defend the Constitution (not government) from all enemies foreign and domestic and in this country the government is to be held accountable to the people; not the other way around. Real Americans understand these basic facts.
You might do well to understand that you are not the boss of how SCOTUS and the federal judicial do their jobs. And, yes, I agree that the LEO and the military have their eagle eyes on domestic enemies, particularly those in the Alt Right. Real Americans know this.

So? The same is true of cars and most any other item. Are you in favor of punishing victims instead of criminals?

Cars are insured, and if your car is stolen your premiums go up.

Also, nearly 100% of car thefts are reported to the police. Gun thefts? Just 86%. So y'all can't even get an "A" when it comes to reporting gun thefts. So why the fuck do you think you're responsible people?

"So I guess that applies to abortion too, then?"
Sure. None of my business

Great. Glad we're in agreement that if a woman wants to get an abortion it's her right to do so.

Guns can be insured same as cars.
To me the height of irresponsibility is not having the will and the means to defend your children and wife from harm.
^^^ What a silly comment by you.

Easy solution. Prevent any registered Democrat from owning a gun. 95% gun violence solved.

Where in the constitution is this right guaranteed?

In your paranoid mind. Some districts already have armed teachers, with no problems. Scared yet?

No problems yet. Clearly there are problems since there was a problem with an armed teacher today in Georgia.

Forum List

Back