CDZ My child's right to a safe school versus your right to guns

Skull, the law can be written to hold a person criminally liable if his stolen gun is used in a crime, and already civil liability can be filed against someone for negligence in such cases. Also the false comparison of equivalency of guns and other tools falls apart every single time.

Hadit is wrong when he says gun collectors and target shooters do not kill others with their guns. Look at the Las Vegas shooter.

2aguy, bless you. Of course the legislature can require guns to be insured, which is not in violation of the Constitution. Only the mentally unbalanced think so, or those who are paid to blog for the NRA.

Ghook93 apparently just woke up and was not thinking clearly.

9thIDdoc clearly does not understand that the 2dA cannot prevent the LEO and military from taking over the country if they so want to.

Humorme does not understand what ‘confiscation’ means. Show me in the supposedly proposed bill that all semi-automatic weapons will be confiscated.

Guns can be insured same as cars.

But they're not required to be insured, which cars are.

To me the height of irresponsibility is not having the will and the means to defend your children and wife from harm.

If you think only a gun can do that, then you're thinking too small.

It is unConstitutional....it is a fee place on the exercise of a Right....

You could just as easily require journalists to buy libel and slander insurance before they were allowed to write one word....

Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105 (1943)

4. A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113.

5. The flat license tax here involved restrains in advance the Constitutional liberties of press and religion, and inevitably tends to suppress their exercise. P. 319 U. S. 114.

6. That the ordinance is "nondiscriminatory," in that it applies also to peddlers of wares and merchandise, is immaterial. The liberties guaranteed by the First Amendment are in a preferred position. P. 319 U. S. 115.

7. Since the privilege in question is guaranteed by the Federal Constitution, and exists independently of state authority, the inquiry as to whether the State has given something for which it can ask a return is irrelevant. P. 319 U. S. 115.

8. A community may not suppress, or the State tax, the dissemination of views because they are unpopular, annoying, or distasteful. P. 319 U. S. 116.

------

Page 319 U. S. 108

The First Amendment, which the Fourteenth makes applicable to the states, declares that

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press . . ."

It could hardly be denied that a tax laid specifically on the exercise of those freedoms would be unconstitutional. Yet the license tax imposed by this ordinance is, in substance, just that.

Skull, the law can be written to hold a person criminally liable if his stolen gun is used in a crime, and already civil liability can be filed against someone for negligence in such cases. Also the false comparison of equivalency of guns and other tools falls apart every single time.

Hadit is wrong when he says gun collectors and target shooters do not kill others with their guns. Look at the Las Vegas shooter.

2aguy, bless you. Of course the legislature can require guns to be insured, which is not in violation of the Constitution. Only the mentally unbalanced think so, or those who are paid to blog for the NRA.

9thIDdoc clearly does not understand that the 2dA cannot prevent the LEO and military from taking over the country if they so want to.

Humorme does not understand what ‘confiscation’ means. Show me in the supposedly proposed bill that all semi-automatic weapons will be confiscated.

This is the 2nd Time you have accused me of being paid by the NRA....that is a lie.

So you're not debating the fact that it's accountability and responsibility, you're trying to pretend that insuring guns is unconstitutional. It's not the state that's imposing those charges, it's the insurer.

We also just had a Constitutional challenge to this very thing; mandating insurance. Guess what? YOU LOST.

Congress wholly has the power to impose mandatory insurance and fine those who don't have it.

So you're not debating the fact that it's accountability and responsibility, you're trying to pretend that insuring guns is unconstitutional. It's not the state that's imposing those charges, it's the insurer.

We also just had a Constitutional challenge to this very thing; mandating insurance. Guess what? YOU LOST.

Congress wholly has the power to impose mandatory insurance and fine those who don't have it.

Yes....and at the time they also had the right to return fugitive slaves, impose Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to keep blacks from voting......since you don't care about actual Rights, you obvious support those decisions too....you are such a doofus...

Yes....and at the time they also had the right to return fugitive slaves, impose Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to keep blacks from voting......since you don't care about actual Rights, you obvious support those decisions too....you are such a doofus...

You're comparing health insurance to fugitive slaves.

You're a garbage person.

You're comparing health insurance to fugitive slaves.

You're a garbage person.

You are a shit stain......but you still have Rights......jacking up fees for the exercise of a Right is straight out of the democrat playbook....when they were lynching black men, they also tried to keep them from voting by assessing fees to vote........you assholes are the same no matter what time period you are in...

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

We need to find a way to break that access link between a nut and a gun.

We need to identify the first problem, which is

28055684_10157113972798626_1592330457764003957_n.jpg
Stop making a fool of yourself please. Good grief.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

He's totally right. Only I would add gun-obsessed rednecks and hicks to the list.

In your paranoid mind. Some districts already have armed teachers, with no problems. Scared yet?

No problems yet. Clearly there are problems since there was a problem with an armed teacher today in Georgia.

And not long ago we had a problem with a shooter facing UNarmed teachers and an ARMED guard who didn't do his job. Your prescription failed.

You are a shit stain......but you still have Rights......jacking up fees for the exercise of a Right is straight out of the democrat playbook

Jacking up what fees?

....when they were lynching black men, they also tried to keep them from voting by assessing fees to vote........you assholes are the same no matter what time period you are in...

Yeah, and now you want to assess fees for them to vote again, this time by requiring them to spend their money to get an ID to vote. So the more things change, the more some things stay the same...

And not long ago we had a problem with a shooter facing UNarmed teachers and an ARMED guard who didn't do his job. Your prescription failed.

So if trained, armed security officers were cowering behind cars, what makes you think a teacher will be in the right frame of mind to act like Dirty Harry?

And we already know how teachers will act, we just had an armed teacher act TODAY.

You are a shit stain......but you still have Rights......jacking up fees for the exercise of a Right is straight out of the democrat playbook

Jacking up what fees?

....when they were lynching black men, they also tried to keep them from voting by assessing fees to vote........you assholes are the same no matter what time period you are in...

Yeah, and now you want to assess fees for them to vote again, this time by requiring them to spend their money to get an ID to vote. So the more things change, the more some things stay the same...

Voter I.D. cards are free...........you guys are the one who think Black Americans are too stupid to get I.D. to vote...

So if trained, armed security officers were cowering behind cars, what makes you think a teacher will be in the right frame of mind to act like Dirty Harry?

And we already know how teachers will act, we just had an armed teacher act TODAY.

Yes......tell us how all of the police who respond to all of the mass shooters are the same as democrat county sheriffs in democrat Broward County.......

The bills says it is illegal to POSSESS such weapons it is clear as day what that means to anyone wit 2 functioning brain cells.

My kid has a right to be educated efficiently and not slowed down because Fakey's genetic garbage diverts resources towards a lost cause.

To me the height of irresponsibility is not having the will and the means to defend your children and wife from harm.

How exactly does insuring something make that object safer?
Didn't say that only a gun can do that but if you think an unarmed man is a good match for armed intruders I have to say that I'm very pleased to meet you Mr. Chuck Norris. SIR!

He's totally right. Only I would add gun-obsessed rednecks and hicks to the list.
.Well this gun obsessed redneck hick would defend you with my gun if we're to stop into a store, and then there you were cowering under a table after the store clerk has been killed by the robber, and sadly you were just about to be next.

See how that works, but if you have your way about taking my guns, then of course I will have to go to plan B.

Plan B is me looking around for something to save you with, and oops you done got shot in the leg by the robber as you were leaping over a counter trying to escape because no help has come to your immediate aide as of yet. Now you are still stuck inside, with me looking through a window trying to think hard so I don't get killed trying to save your ace without my gun.

Well nothing left but me to take my vehicle, and next ram the store in hopes to get the killer without getting you as the building falls down on everyone. As I drive my vehicle into position, it has been 7 crucial minutes since the cops were called by me, and they are trying hard to get there. Oh no, another round is heard, the robber gets lucky, and he wings you while you are trying to move to what you think is a safer location. Now you are yelling for help as you are bleeding out.

I say to myself that time is up, and I take my 4×4 and ram the building making a rafter fall upon the robber incapacitating him. I jump out and find that another rafter has fallen on you, and has broken your leg in 3 places, your bleeding out (almost gone), when the law and the EMTs arrive.

One shot would have ended the ordeal for you, but you took away my means of helping you, and gave it to the bad guy who could have taken me and you out in the senario.

How exactly does insuring something make that object safer?
Didn't say that only a gun can do that but if you think an unarmed man is a good match for armed intruders I have to say that I'm very pleased to meet you Mr. Chuck Norris. SIR!
. That's just it, they think that movies imitate real life, and they think that what happens in the movies in which is highly fictional, can also serve them in the real world when the bad guy's come for them. Chuck Norris if were as capable as they think, would laugh historically at these nut cases when it comes to limiting his options to defend himself and them.

The FLA governor is going about it in the right way it appears, so let's see how it all goes or works out.

Forum List

Back