CDZ My child's right to a safe school versus your right to guns

9thIDdoc clearly does not understand that the 2dA cannot prevent the LEO and military from taking over the country if they so want to.

JakeStarkey clearly does not understand that LEOs and military are much more likely to fight for their oppressed friends and family than a tyrannical government. I would have thought that was a no-brainer.

Listen, the schools once had hurricane fences around them after segregation, and this was to control who came in and who left early that wasn't suppose to in order to keep the schools safe. The community or some schools wanted to revert to a "Leave it to Beaver" or Bill Cosby show styled society. So they removed the fencing in order to create this utopia style atmosphere where everything appears to be Walt Disney world. The problem is that the contents of society and the schools weren't ready as they thought they were for such a "tear down these walls" kind of thing.

So vulnerabilities began to develope in a society that was being spoon-fed by Hollyweird and the loss of two parent (father & mother), family households.

So the boilers have begun to blow, and the finger pointing is now all over the place.

And not long ago we had a problem with a shooter facing UNarmed teachers and an ARMED guard who didn't do his job. Your prescription failed.

So if trained, armed security officers were cowering behind cars, what makes you think a teacher will be in the right frame of mind to act like Dirty Harry?

And we already know how teachers will act, we just had an armed teacher act TODAY.

You keep saying you want paid security guards to secure the schools. Obviously, the kids could have used some help in the form of an armed security presence INSIDE the school. As for this teacher, you're making an extremely sweeping generality about ALL teachers based on the actions of ONE. I would wager a few of the students unable to raise their voices now because they're dead would have appreciated an armed teacher, even if you insist they should not have had one.

Skull, the law can be written to hold a person criminally liable if his stolen gun is used in a crime, and already civil liability can be filed against someone for negligence in such cases. Also the false comparison of equivalency of guns and other tools falls apart every single time.

Hadit is wrong when he says gun collectors and target shooters do not kill others with their guns. Look at the Las Vegas shooter.

2aguy, bless you. Of course the legislature can require guns to be insured, which is not in violation of the Constitution. Only the mentally unbalanced think so, or those who are paid to blog for the NRA.

Ghook93 apparently just woke up and was not thinking clearly.

9thIDdoc clearly does not understand that the 2dA cannot prevent the LEO and military from taking over the country if they so want to.

Humorme does not understand what ‘confiscation’ means. Show me in the supposedly proposed bill that all semi-automatic weapons will be confiscated.

You lack a good comprehension of reading skills. I cleared that confiscation deflection up for you.
You are loose as a goose in your head, kiddo. You are very easy to figure out. Show us the bill, loser.

If you intended to insult me, then if you see yourself in a "debate" you officially lost

One time Les Thatcher gathered all the wrestlers into a room before the taping of wrestling matches in Knowville for tv was taped. He told everyone the words one could not say on tv especially during interviews.

One guy wanted to say something along those lines, so he got creative and did what he was told not to do, but in a manner that was acceptable to tv censors. He said to his opponent: "Your momma was dog and your daddy was a dog.... and son I don't have to tell you what that made you."

You got me all figured out, huh? Dr. Phil, I presume?

Skull, the law can be written to hold a person criminally liable if his stolen gun is used in a crime, and already civil liability can be filed against someone for negligence in such cases. Also the false comparison of equivalency of guns and other tools falls apart every single time.

Hadit is wrong when he says gun collectors and target shooters do not kill others with their guns. Look at the Las Vegas shooter.

2aguy, bless you. Of course the legislature can require guns to be insured, which is not in violation of the Constitution. Only the mentally unbalanced think so, or those who are paid to blog for the NRA.

Humorme does not understand what ‘confiscation’ means. Show me in the supposedly proposed bill that all semi-automatic weapons will be confiscated.

You lack a good comprehension of reading skills. I cleared that confiscation deflection up for you.
You are loose as a goose in your head, kiddo. You are very easy to figure out. Show us the bill, loser.
Already covered the bill bans ALL semiautomatic that hold a magazine that can hold 10 or more rounds and makes it a criminal act to POSSESS one.

Jake... CDZ... stop insulting people.

Are you a mod? :)

Are you a mod? :)
Shall we just report you?

This is the 2nd Time you have accused me of being paid by the NRA....that is a lie.
How do you get paid by the NRA, i want mine.

Guns can be insured same as cars.

But they're not required to be insured, which cars are.

To me the height of irresponsibility is not having the will and the means to defend your children and wife from harm.

If you think only a gun can do that, then you're thinking too small.

How exactly does insuring something make that object safer?
Didn't say that only a gun can do that but if you think an unarmed man is a good match for armed intruders I have to say that I'm very pleased to meet you Mr. Chuck Norris. SIR!

Insuring doesn't make anyone any safer but it protects you, you probably have a little coverage in your homeowner's policy but not near enough in the case of a lawsuit.

You keep saying you want paid security guards to secure the schools.

When did I ever say that? Never. So this is you doing that thing again where you construct straw men and then argue the straw men because your argument is garbage.

Obviously, the kids could have used some help in the form of an armed security presence INSIDE the school.

So, you keep moving the bar. Inside/outside...it doesn't really matter because there was an armed security officer on campus. That security officer was so afraid that he cowered behind his car. Then three more showed up and did the same thing. Too afraid to confront an AR-15 wielding killer with their pistols.

As for this teacher, you're making an extremely sweeping generality about ALL teachers based on the actions of ONE. I would wager a few of the students unable to raise their voices now because they're dead would have appreciated an armed teacher, even if you insist they should not have had one.

You're the idiots who said we should arm teachers. Then, an armed teacher goes and shoots his gun in school. Then you say that we can't judge teachers based on the actions of one armed one, even though you all say we should arm more teachers.

Yes......tell us how all of the police who respond to all of the mass shooters are the same as democrat county sheriffs in democrat Broward County.......

Your attempt to make this partisan is bullshit. You screamed that there should be armed security at schools...there was in Parkland and a shooting happened anyway. You screamed that we should arm teachers...then an armed teacher goes nuts and shoots his gun in a GA school.

Why are you even still talking?

I never said it did, but what insurance does is establish personal accountability and responsibility. Those two things will lead to safer gun ownership because with mandatory gun insurance, suddenly the gun owner is now responsible and liable for the damage their gun will do.

It's why if you drive recklessly or your car gets stolen, your insurance premiums increase. So to stop that from happening, you act responsibly with your car. Same case works for guns.

Didn't say that only a gun can do that but if you think an unarmed man is a good match for armed intruders I have to say that I'm very pleased to meet you Mr. Chuck Norris. SIR!

First of all, thieves don't break into homes when people are there. If they do, it's usually because they didn't know someone was there. By advertising your gun ownership (with an NRA bumper sticker), you are telling thieves that one of the three things they look for (guns, cash, electronics) are in your house. So when the thieves wait for you to leave and then break in, they're looking for your gun. A gun that they will then either sell to other criminals or use themselves.

You are also more likely to have your gun stolen than you ever will be likely to use it to defend yourself from home invaders.

Yes......tell us how all of the police who respond to all of the mass shooters are the same as democrat county sheriffs in democrat Broward County.......

Your attempt to make this partisan is bullshit. You screamed that there should be armed security at schools...there was in Parkland and a shooting happened anyway. You screamed that we should arm teachers...then an armed teacher goes nuts and shoots his gun in a GA school.

Why are you even still talking?

Really? You think that the only armed cop who didn't go into the building is your strongest argument.....?

And since several states already arm their teachers....you know, the real world, and you would try to use one teacher who brought a gun into your gun free school zone....and that is another argument for your side?

Do you always take drugs and drink this early in the morning?

I never said it did, but what insurance does is establish personal accountability and responsibility. Those two things will lead to safer gun ownership because with mandatory gun insurance, suddenly the gun owner is now responsible and liable for the damage their gun will do.

It's why if you drive recklessly or your car gets stolen, your insurance premiums increase. So to stop that from happening, you act responsibly with your car. Same case works for guns.

First of all, thieves don't break into homes when people are there. If they do, it's usually because they didn't know someone was there. By advertising your gun ownership (with an NRA bumper sticker), you are telling thieves that one of the three things they look for (guns, cash, electronics) are in your house. So when the thieves wait for you to leave and then break in, they're looking for your gun. A gun that they will then either sell to other criminals or use themselves.

You are also more likely to have your gun stolen than you ever will be likely to use it to defend yourself from home invaders.

Mandatory insurance is UnConstitutional.....it is a fee on the exercise of a Right......the government can set that fee to a level that normal Americans can't afford it....so no, it is not Constitutional...

Really? You think that the only armed cop who didn't go into the building is your strongest argument.....?

It wasn't just one cop, it was FOUR. FOUR of them were cowering behind their vehicles because they were outgunned by the mass shooter. This, after you all screamed for years that we should have armed security at schools. We do, and the armed security doesn't do jack shit. Why? Because the entire concept is stupid. Security is armed with 9mm...mass shooters are armed with AR-15's. An AR-15 is going to beat a 9mm every day of the week. So if you want armed security to do their jobs, stop letting people buy weapons that out-gun them!

Duh.

And since several states already arm their teachers....you know, the real world, and you would try to use one teacher who brought a gun into your gun free school zone....and that is another argument for your side?

Yes, they do arm teachers and you find more incidents of those teachers accidentally discharging their weapons (like what happened in Utah last week), or going nuts and shooting their gun in school (like what happened in Georgia yesterday), than instances of those teachers heroically defending their students like a movie.

Fuck you, ammosexual.

It wasn't just one cop, it was FOUR. FOUR of them were cowering behind their vehicles because they were outgunned by the mass shooter. This, after you all screamed for years that we should have armed security at schools. We do, and the armed security doesn't do jack shit. Why? Because the entire concept is stupid. Security is armed with 9mm...mass shooters are armed with AR-15's. An AR-15 is going to beat a 9mm every day of the week. So if you want armed security to do their jobs, stop letting people buy weapons that out-gun them!

Duh.

Yes, they do arm teachers and you find more incidents of those teachers accidentally discharging their weapons (like what happened in Utah last week), or going nuts and shooting their gun in school (like what happened in Georgia yesterday), than instances of those teachers heroically defending their students like a movie.

Fuck you, ammosexual.

These ppl will never GET it. It's like talking to a wall...

Forum List

Back