My Childhood Brainwashing

yeah, you're still a loser. And the more you tell everybody how deserving you are, how much you are entitled to, and what a STELLAR life you've led, the bigger a loser you are, and the less believable you are.

Cuz I'll tell you something, loser....nice people, people who have good values, people who care about other people, people who try to be good people, people who should be proud of themselves....they don't feel compelled to tell everybody how wonderful they are all the time. They don't write long lists of all their accomplishments to justify their assholishness. Good people, winners, and people who are rightly admired by those who know them let their actions and their words speak for them.

Your actions and words speak for you. The very fact that you like to brag about how great you are says more about you than any of the endless proselytizing posts that alternately proclaim your awesomeness while at the same time justify exactly why you are such a dick. People aren't impressed by braggarts, blowhards and hypocrites, and you've nailed that trifecta.

yeah, you're still a loser. And the more you tell everybody how deserving you are, how much you are entitled to, and what a STELLAR life you've led, the bigger a loser you are, and the less believable you are.

Cuz I'll tell you something, loser....nice people, people who have good values, people who care about other people, people who try to be good people, people who should be proud of themselves....they don't feel compelled to tell everybody how wonderful they are all the time. They don't write long lists of all their accomplishments to justify their assholishness. Good people, winners, and people who are rightly admired by those who know them let their actions and their words speak for them.

Your actions and words speak for you. The very fact that you like to brag about how great you are says more about you than any of the endless proselytizing posts that alternately proclaim your awesomeness while at the same time justify exactly why you are such a dick. People aren't impressed by braggarts, blowhards and hypocrites, and you've nailed that trifecta.

That's because, they have nothing to justify.

And you're right, if you have to say you are something, chance are you arent.

Do you really think I care whether some sucker who believes in a 2000 year old fairy tale pays any attention to me.....................forget it

Yes, given the fact that you spend a LOT of time and energy trying to impress them and convince them they're wrong but you're right (as well as entitled)...yes, I do think you care. I think you care a LOT about what people think of you, which is why you lie about yourself to impress them.

Do you really think I care whether some sucker who believes in a 2000 year old fairy tale pays any attention to me.....................forget it

SPAM and very poor fiction are all you ever have to offer here, fraud.

It started from my parents and grandparents when I was two...My grandmother telling me "OL' Scratch Will Get You."...my first recollections.

In grammar school I was required to memorize bible verses and pray. Wednesday night prayer meetings in Baptist or primitive Baptist churches. Prayers before every public event.

Add to that nearly forty years in the church until I finally gave up about 15 years ago and knew I wouldn't believe all that BS if I live to 100. 'Course that ain't that far away.

You know, you'll be much better off when you get over your anger toward your Mom and Dad. They did the best they could, given the understanding that they had. For that, you should be grateful. At least they didn't kill you before you even had a chance to be.

Yes, given the fact that you spend a LOT of time and energy trying to impress them and convince them they're wrong but you're right (as well as entitled)...yes, I do think you care. I think you care a LOT about what people think of you, which is why you lie about yourself to impress them.

They are wrong....as wrong as wrong can be. I'm one of the Einstein crew. Add to that the Thomas Jefferson crew:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature.

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God." ~Albert Einstein~

"the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~ Excerpt from a letter to then president John Adams.

Didn't Einstein marry his niece?

Let's see...Genesis 19:32–36 (KJV 1900)

32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

'Course that's GAWD's workings so it's OK for an old phucker to get drunk and knock up his own daughters.

Last edited:
It started from my parents and grandparents when I was two...My grandmother telling me "OL' Scratch Will Get You."...my first recollections.

In grammar school I was required to memorize bible verses and pray. Wednesday night prayer meetings in Baptist or primitive Baptist churches. Prayers before every public event.

Add to that nearly forty years in the church until I finally gave up about 15 years ago and knew I wouldn't believe all that BS if I live to 100. 'Course that ain't that far away.

You know, you'll be much better off when you get over your anger toward your Mom and Dad. They did the best they could, given the understanding that they had. For that, you should be grateful. At least they didn't kill you before you even had a chance to be.

In his own time and in his own way, he'll get over it. "Shoulds" help no one. JMO. Forgiveness cannot be forced, it can be invited.

Really, now, you guys posting aren't giving cammmpbell a fair time of expression. S/he deserves to be able to rant and have a say... s/he may not have ever been able to do so within the environment described.

I would wonder what his/her thoughts are... and though I came from a struggle to get to church and to stay faithful in fellowship usually meant I had to go alone... I didn't have parents that prayed but instead I was surrounded by heavy superstitions and mental disabilities.

I had always admired those who had the kind of support systems that offered a variety of people and fellowship that was secure and unwaivering. Perhaps there are things about such atmospheres that are not ideal and perhaps many who have those things have valid reasons to not appreciate them at the levels I think I would.

:dunno: It seems the years I had my family in the fellowship of believers I had gained much higher hopes and, indeed, higher expectations of us as a whole. Those expectations I had gained... as we fell away from consistent fellowship and faithfully serving in the church came to be my burden alone. It can be devastating when no one else seems to share the visionry 'we' gain...

I don't envy the preachers/pastors/fathers of fellowship their positions, for sure. :dunno:

Well, you have always got to think that what you don't have is not necessarily better. My SIL was always so upset that her parents never did anything for her when she was young like mine did. Like paying for college, or buying me cars, or sending me on trips, getting me out of legal trouble, things like that. My parents did those things so they could feel good about themselves. They were not good people, ditched me on my grandparents and trotted me out for political gain. Her parents are great, hardworking people who have done more real things for me in my life than my own.

I wonder why so many find it comforting to criticize the beliefs of Christians?

Does it really matter what others believe?

Why can't you just live and let live?

Because Christianity is so incredibly powerful, and it is a huge obstacle to those who have an agenda that counters it.

Yeah, it's a lot easier to tear down a society without morals and principles.

So you also believe that christianity is going to be the end of us. I am not that paranoid.

I suggest you would rethink your disbelieve and more think about afterlife.Do not forget that we all will be punish for our sins.

I would imagine mine to be less than yours, as far as what the bible defines sin, accept that I do not believe the bible is accurate.

I escaped forced religious indoctrination at 16.

I stopped studying math seriously after only a few years longer than that. I suck at math. I do NOT strut around pretending I understand advanced mathematics and dismiss the entire field out of hand. I do NOT try to tell mathematicians they are being silly just because I stopped learning about it (or even trying to) at a relatively early age. Imagine how much more ridiculous such an attitude would be if I never studied math after the age of 8 or 10. Would my silly subjective view mean that mathematics doesn't really exist or affect our world?

A rather pithy strawman there.

yes, especially considering that most nonbelievers are actually more learned about various religions than believers. Oh well, when you have the mind of an 8-year-old I am sure it is very difficult to form rational thoughts.

Allow me to snap us back into reality.

What happened in the church is history.

What's happening today and is responsible for much of the damage that will effect our lives today and the next few years comes from our education system, not from a bunch of people wearing crosses.

Really? I disagree, I whole-heatedly believe that it is fundamentalist religion that is destroying our education right now.

Forum List

Back