My Ancestors fought and died to free yours

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
No they did not!

Slavery did NOT end in 1865 (Here is PROOF)

Correct. Mine didn’t. They weren’t even here yet

That's because you asians weren't allowed to come to the US by the law. So don't come in here trying to be a smart ass trolling with the white racists with these snark ass comments. Because you will get schooled.

Of course Democrat slavery never ended Duh that's why blacks vote for democrats today, they are like the battered wife who never leaves her husband.

So sad :(

That's because you asians weren't allowed to come to the US by the law. So don't come in here trying to be a smart ass trolling with the white racists with these snark ass comments. Because you will get schooled.

LMFAO you couldn't debate your racist ass out of a paper bag much less school anyone.

My ancestors came later as well. I guess somebody else's ancestors died for nothing then

Oh so your ancestors came over here and tuned white in order to get all the advantages of playing the race card.

How do you become “white” in America?

Since 1790, the U.S. has taken a census that divides citizens into racial categories. These categories have transformed dramatically over the past 220 years along with U.S. demography. In 1790, there were three categories: “free whites”, “other free people”, and “slaves.” Over the next few centuries, new groups were added ranging from broad racial categories (“Asian”) to subsets (“Korean”, for example, was added as its own race in 1920, removed in 1950, re-added in 1970, and subsumed into “Asian” in 2000.)

So at least from 1790, this nation has divided itself by race. Pretending that anything has been different is untrue. And the old dumb claim of that was long ago, doesn't flush.

The most recent census, taken in 2010, divided Americans as follows: White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or Some Other Race. In 1980, as a result of a huge increase in the Hispanic population, ‘Hispanic’ (or Latino, often the preferred term) was added as its own category, with a note that it is an ethnicity, not a race.

So let us continue.

Whiteness is a social construct, and one with concrete benefits. Being white in the U.S.has long meant better jobs and opportunities, and an escape from persecution based on appearance and culture. Although these structural advantages remain, the meaning of whiteness is still hotly debated

Now let us understand how those who claim today to have suffered like blacks did not.

Here it is important to understand how, exactly, Americans ‘become white’. The history of Polish-Americans is an illuminating example. Upon arriving in the U.S. en masse in the late 19th and early 20th century, Poles endured discrimination based on their appearance, religion and culture. In 1903, the New England Magazine decried the Poles’ “expressionless Slavic faces” and “stunted figures” as well as their inherent “ignorance” and “propensity to violence”. Working for terrible wages, Polish workers were renamed things like “Thomas Jefferson” by their bigoted Anglo-Saxon bosses who refused to utter Polish names.

The Poles, in other words, were not considered white. Far from it: they were considered a mysterious menace that should be expelled. When Polish-American Leon Czolgosz killed President William McKinley in 1901, all Poles were deemed potential violent anarchists. “All people are mourning, and it is caused by a maniac who is of our nationality,” a Polish-American newspaper wrote, pressured to apologize for their own people. The collective blame of Poles for terrorism bears great similarity to how Muslims (both in the U.S. and Europe) are collectively blamed today.

But then something changed. In 1919, Irish gangs in blackface attacked Polish neighborhoods in Chicago in an attempt to convince Poles, and other Eastern European groups, that they, too, were “white” and should join them in the fight against blacks. As historian David R. Roediger recalls, “Poles argued that the riot was a conflict between blacks and whites, with Poles abstaining because they belonged to neither group.” But the Irish gangs considered whiteness, as is often the case in America, as anti-blackness. And as in the early 20th century Chicago experienced an influx not only of white immigrants from Europe, but blacks from the South, white groups who felt threatened by black arrivals decided that it would be politically advantageous if the Poles were considered white as well.

With that new white identity came the ability to practice the discrimination they had once endured

Over time, the strategy of positioning Poles as “white” against a dark-skinned “other” was successful. Poles came to consider themselves white, and more importantly, they came to be considered white by their fellow Americans, as did Italians, Greeks, Jews, Russians, and others from Southern and Eastern Europe, all of whom held an ambivalent racial status in U.S. society. Also, intermarriage between white ethnic groups led some to embrace a broader white identity.

What we are looking at here is literally white privilege.

The Polish experience was not unique. While Poles were discriminated against for specific reasons – Catholicism, an initially low level of education, associations with Czolgosz’s anarchism – they shared many of the same negative experiences as other immigrant groups who arrived in the late 19th and 20th century. Italians were slandered with Mafia associations; Jews were (and still remain) targets of anti-Semitism and were frequently banned from social and political organizations. Irish who had arrived in earlier decades encountered hostility due to their religion and culture, especially from British Americans who retained old prejudices from home. Eventually, however, all these groups were deemed “white” – and today, they are considered white enough to be part of Trump’s white supremacist base.

I suggest that you watch the video and learn something instead of the usual rolling.

thecorrespondent.com/5185/how-do-you-become-white-in-america/1466577856645-8260d4a7

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

LMFAO you couldn't debate your racist ass out of a paper bag much less school anyone.

Scared to watch the video?

Of course Democrat slavery never ended Duh that's why blacks vote for democrats today, they are like the battered wife who never leaves her husband.

So sad :(

Do you ever think hat you might consider the insanity of repeating the same lie over and over when you are getting no results?

Video unavailable is the message of your fine video you racist pig, scum bag.

Video unavailable is the message of your fine video you racist pig, scum bag.

Post a racist quote from me. Then go get a better computer because the video plays just fine here.

My ancestors came later as well. I guess somebody else's ancestors died for nothing then

Oh so your ancestors came over here and tuned white in order to get all the advantages of playing the race card.

Since 1790, the U.S. has taken a census that divides citizens into racial categories. These categories have transformed dramatically over the past 220 years along with U.S. demography. In 1790, there were three categories: “free whites”, “other free people”, and “slaves.” Over the next few centuries, new groups were added ranging from broad racial categories (“Asian”) to subsets (“Korean”, for example, was added as its own race in 1920, removed in 1950, re-added in 1970, and subsumed into “Asian” in 2000.)

So at least from 1790, this nation has divided itself by race. Pretending that anything has been different is untrue. And the old dumb claim of that was long ago, doesn't flush.

The most recent census, taken in 2010, divided Americans as follows: White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or Some Other Race. In 1980, as a result of a huge increase in the Hispanic population, ‘Hispanic’ (or Latino, often the preferred term) was added as its own category, with a note that it is an ethnicity, not a race.

So let us continue.

Whiteness is a social construct, and one with concrete benefits. Being white in the U.S.has long meant better jobs and opportunities, and an escape from persecution based on appearance and culture. Although these structural advantages remain, the meaning of whiteness is still hotly debated

Now let us understand how those who claim today to have suffered like blacks did not.

Here it is important to understand how, exactly, Americans ‘become white’. The history of Polish-Americans is an illuminating example. Upon arriving in the U.S. en masse in the late 19th and early 20th century, Poles endured discrimination based on their appearance, religion and culture. In 1903, the New England Magazine decried the Poles’ “expressionless Slavic faces” and “stunted figures” as well as their inherent “ignorance” and “propensity to violence”. Working for terrible wages, Polish workers were renamed things like “Thomas Jefferson” by their bigoted Anglo-Saxon bosses who refused to utter Polish names.

The Poles, in other words, were not considered white. Far from it: they were considered a mysterious menace that should be expelled. When Polish-American Leon Czolgosz killed President William McKinley in 1901, all Poles were deemed potential violent anarchists. “All people are mourning, and it is caused by a maniac who is of our nationality,” a Polish-American newspaper wrote, pressured to apologize for their own people. The collective blame of Poles for terrorism bears great similarity to how Muslims (both in the U.S. and Europe) are collectively blamed today.

But then something changed. In 1919, Irish gangs in blackface attacked Polish neighborhoods in Chicago in an attempt to convince Poles, and other Eastern European groups, that they, too, were “white” and should join them in the fight against blacks. As historian David R. Roediger recalls, “Poles argued that the riot was a conflict between blacks and whites, with Poles abstaining because they belonged to neither group.” But the Irish gangs considered whiteness, as is often the case in America, as anti-blackness. And as in the early 20th century Chicago experienced an influx not only of white immigrants from Europe, but blacks from the South, white groups who felt threatened by black arrivals decided that it would be politically advantageous if the Poles were considered white as well.

With that new white identity came the ability to practice the discrimination they had once endured

Over time, the strategy of positioning Poles as “white” against a dark-skinned “other” was successful. Poles came to consider themselves white, and more importantly, they came to be considered white by their fellow Americans, as did Italians, Greeks, Jews, Russians, and others from Southern and Eastern Europe, all of whom held an ambivalent racial status in U.S. society. Also, intermarriage between white ethnic groups led some to embrace a broader white identity.

The Polish experience was not unique. While Poles were discriminated against for specific reasons – Catholicism, an initially low level of education, associations with Czolgosz’s anarchism – they shared many of the same negative experiences as other immigrant groups who arrived in the late 19th and 20th century. Italians were slandered with Mafia associations; Jews were (and still remain) targets of anti-Semitism and were frequently banned from social and political organizations. Irish who had arrived in earlier decades encountered hostility due to their religion and culture, especially from British Americans who retained old prejudices from home. Eventually, however, all these groups were deemed “white” – and today, they are considered white enough to be part of Trump’s white supremacist base.

I suggest that you watch the video and learn something instead of the usual rolling.

thecorrespondent.com/5185/how-do-you-become-white-in-america/1466577856645-8260d4a7

What I'm saying is... I don't get any credit for my ancestors dying to free your ancestors. And, my ancestors were white I suppose well before they got here so I'm not sure where your going with they "turned white" to get benefits. My family came to Northern Utah from Europe and were actually driven out by the Mormons because they were not Mormon... worked hard labor and I can guarantee you did not take anything from Black people .
The other ones were Portuguese fishermen.... well, maybe they took something from black people but I'm not aware of it.
Anyway, there were some white people who died in the attempt to do something positive for blacks in the civil war era and considering everybody has the desire to live, and they had to give up their's at a young age... there is no real reason for you to say their sacrifice meant nothing. The video I thought was just fine but one fact does not eliminate the other

So let us continue.

What I'm saying is... I don't get any credit for my ancestors dying to free your ancestors. And, my ancestors were white I suppose well before they got here so I'm not sure where your going with they "turned white" to get benefits. My family came to Northern Utah from Europe and were actually driven out by the Mormons because they were not Mormon... worked hard labor and I can guarantee you did not take anything from Black people .
The other ones were Portuguese fishermen.... well, maybe they took something from black people but I'm not aware of it.
Anyway, there were some white people who died in the attempt to do something positive for blacks in the civil war era and considering everybody has the desire to live, and they had to give up their's at a young age... there is no real reason for you to say their sacrifice meant nothing. The video I thought was just fine but one fact does not eliminate the other

Did your ancestors try ending Jim Crow and the advantages they had from it? What I said about people turning white is a fact of American history. I have been told to be grateful to whites for dying to free us but we weren't freed by whites in any war. And the fact is blacks had been fighting so long until whites finally had to pay attention and decided to help. Now I'm sorry that I cannot give extra credit to people for cleaning up a mess they created that never should have been. It gets old reading white people always telling me about what YOU or you ancestors did not do when these things happened. It doesn't matter if your ancestors never enacted vagrancy laws or had convict laborers, vagrancy laws and convict labor happened and it was a way to return blacks back into slavery. I don't care if your ancestors came here after Jim Crow, Jim Crow existed. This is about what happened here and the "I did not do it" excuse doesn't erase the fact that it was done.

The whites that fought in the civil war on the north were fighting to maintain the union. Those on the south to preserve slavery. After the civil war, slavery did not end, and jim crow became national law. So to say whites were not fighting for something positive for blacks, That's just simply untrue. If it and been true, thee never would have been jim crow.

Only 10% of people in the US today can trace their lineage to slave holders. Our population boom came long after slavery was ended. This is why the concept of reparations is dumb. Most of us dont even have relatives who participated in slavery.

Forum List

Back