Must See: 14 Year Old Oklahoma Girl Makes The Record Books With 16 Point Buck Kill (Atta Girl)

A deer that produced a monster rack; can drop the trophy rack, and produce a less impressive rack the next season if the environmental conditions deteriorate.

Water availability during antler formation. The minerals dissolved in the water. Amongst other things.
We have a sweet river on the back of the property the deer travel up and down. Very clean.

I can't wait. I have a feeling I'm going to shoot a monster buck. A few weeks ago I saw a monster buck while I was driving. The biggest I ever saw while hunting was 6 PT. I want to see a moster appear out of no where. I love it how they just appear from no where. Such a big animal yet so quiet

Jesus Christ, that’s a monster! I’ve been hunting for a long time and haven’t taken anything even close to that.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Oklahoma girl takes shot at the record books with 16-point buck

Thank God she took those rare genetics out of the breeding herd from that rare buck so large and so adept at survival and fit to pass on those great genes to his sons and daughters.

Way to go. Well, at least they got 15 minutes of fame. Next time think of your and everybody else's future hunting forays...

In Maine, if a lobster is large and meaty, they're required by law to throw it back. The logic is that older, larger, healthier animals possess some great trait that allows them to survive to that size while other's perished instead. And they are the more prolific breeders. I guess fishermen in Maine like to keep working.

Gosh I love logic. I really wish other people did too..

Here's a thought. Next time, shoot a photo of the 16-point buck and then shoot the little 6 pointer standing next to him. You won't get your name plastered all over the internet, but you will have better and better deer to hunt as the decades roll on.. A younger buck is more tender on the dinner table too..

All true.

Nature takes out the old, sick and weak. Trophy and "sport" hunters weaken the gene pool.

But then, nature doesn't kill to make up for a weak ego or to feed an abnormal need to kill.

If hunters cared about the overall health and genetic diversity of the animals they kill, this girl would have a photo of this deer to prove her integrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice trophy but he would have been much better off alive so he could pass on his genes and produce more trophy bucks.

Of course no one hunting a set of antlers would stop to consider that.

I see the deer wasn't armed, thats a fair hunt, only hope it had was to run away.
I don't understand the whole trophy thing for killing an animal just because it has a big set of antlers.
Go kill a animal that if you miss with your gun, the animal fights back, that is a trophy.

You don't think people eat deer? LOL

I see the deer wasn't armed, thats a fair hunt, only hope it had was to run away.
I don't understand the whole trophy thing for killing an animal just because it has a big set of antlers.
Go kill a animal that if you miss with your gun, the animal fights back, that is a trophy.

I bet they eat the venison....my cousin makes a mean bbq from venison.

and that is a whole lot of venison.

Watch the hunt 'n' grunts lie that they make herd stronger by "harvesting" the old and sick.

Wish they would harvest each other. With any luck, the dumb twit will shoot herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect they would've passed on this deer if it had been a doe. Too many hunt for the antlers and not the venison. Tip: Head for Jackson hole and just gather up some antlers off the ground near the reserve.

or maybe they only had a buck permit?

This site is going downhill. I thought Steve McCrackhead had been permanently banned with his blatantly racist avatar but then again I give the owners of USMB too much credit

It's better when idiots like that are left in the open for people to see.

Something progressives can't seem to handle.

Watch the hunt 'n' grunts lie that they make herd stronger by "harvesting" the old and sick.

Wish they would harvest each other. With any luck, the dumb twit will shoot herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect they would've passed on this deer if it had been a doe. Too many hunt for the antlers and not the venison. Tip: Head for Jackson hole and just gather up some antlers off the ground near the reserve.

Can you back up your claim that hunters hunt for the antlers and not the venison? I call bullshit. Doesn't happen outside of some leftist fantasy.

Jesus Christ, that’s a monster! I’ve been hunting for a long time and haven’t taken anything even close to that.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Thank God she took those rare genetics out of the breeding herd from that rare buck so large and so adept at survival and fit to pass on those great genes to his sons and daughters.

Way to go. Well, at least they got 15 minutes of fame. Next time think of your and everybody else's future hunting forays...

In Maine, if a lobster is large and meaty, they're required by law to throw it back. The logic is that older, larger, healthier animals possess some great trait that allows them to survive to that size while other's perished instead. And they are the more prolific breeders. I guess fishermen in Maine like to keep working.

Here's a thought. Next time, shoot a photo of the 16-point buck and then shoot the little 6 pointer standing next to him. You won't get your name plastered all over the internet, but you will have better and better deer to hunt as the decades roll on.. A younger buck is more tender on the dinner table too..

How do you know the buck hasn't bred already, even several times?

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Here's a thought. Next time, take a photo of the 16-point buck and then shoot the little 6 pointer standing next to him. You won't get your name plastered all over the internet, but you will have better and better deer to hunt as the decades roll on..

A buck of that size and physical dominance has already rutted at least a dozen does. Keep your Northeast Coast insanity out of the discussion. That entire part of the country is whacked in the head.

"Rutted"

that made me giggle.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

All true.

Nature takes out the old, sick and weak. Trophy and "sport" hunters weaken the gene pool.

But then, nature doesn't kill to make up for a weak ego or to feed an abnormal need to kill.

If hunters cared about the overall health and genetic diversity of the animals they kill, this girl would have a photo of this deer to prove her integrity.

That would be a concern in an endangered specie, and those type of protections are in place when the population needs to be control.

Deer are not in any way, shape or form, even a vulnerable specie.

This site is going downhill. I thought Steve McCrackhead had been permanently banned with his blatantly racist avatar but then again I give the owners of USMB too much credit

Ah yes, the time tested tactic of the left. When you're having your ass handed to you in a debate, call the other guy a racist.

Works every time! :2up:

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

All true.

That would be a concern in an endangered specie, and those type of protections are in place when the population needs to be control.

Deer are not in any way, shape or form, even a vulnerable specie.

actually that deer placed fourth or fifth largest

Nice trophy but he would have been much better off alive so he could pass on his genes and produce more trophy bucks.

Of course no one hunting a set of antlers would stop to consider that.

Deer is tasty

Yes it is. I've eaten plenty of it and Moose as well.

Nothing like moose meat.

I've never had moose, had bear once and it was awful, too tangy. But venison is delicious

I lived in NH for over twenty years and worked for a Police Department. People were always hitting moose so our department was usually given the meat by Fish and Game.

Moose is the best and doesn't taste gamey at all. If you ever get an opportunity to try it. Do so. You won't regret it.

Forum List

Back