Must See: 14 Year Old Oklahoma Girl Makes The Record Books With 16 Point Buck Kill (Atta Girl)

Nice trophy but he would have been much better off alive so he could pass on his genes and produce more trophy bucks.

Of course no one hunting a set of antlers would stop to consider that.

Deer is tasty

Yes it is. I've eaten plenty of it and Moose as well.

Nothing like moose meat.

I've never had moose, had bear once and it was awful, too tangy. But venison is delicious

i make a great bear chilli

with bear though you do want to make sure it gets fully cooked

Jesus Christ, that’s a monster! I’ve been hunting for a long time and haven’t taken anything even close to that.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Oklahoma girl takes shot at the record books with 16-point buck

Thank God she took those rare genetics out of the breeding herd from that rare buck so large and so adept at survival and fit to pass on those great genes to his sons and daughters.

Way to go. Well, at least they got 15 minutes of fame. Next time think of your and everybody else's future hunting forays...

In Maine, if a lobster is large and meaty, they're required by law to throw it back. The logic is that older, larger, healthier animals possess some great trait that allows them to survive to that size while other's perished instead. And they are the more prolific breeders. I guess fishermen in Maine like to keep working.

Gosh I love logic. I really wish other people did too..

Here's a thought. Next time, shoot a photo of the 16-point buck and then shoot the little 6 pointer standing next to him. You won't get your name plastered all over the internet, but you will have better and better deer to hunt as the decades roll on.. A younger buck is more tender on the dinner table too..

All true.

Nature takes out the old, sick and weak. Trophy and "sport" hunters weaken the gene pool.

But then, nature doesn't kill to make up for a weak ego or to feed an abnormal need to kill.

If hunters cared about the overall health and genetic diversity of the animals they kill, this girl would have a photo of this deer to prove her integrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be a concern in an endangered specie, and those type of protections are in place when the population needs to be control.

Deer are not in any way, shape or form, even a vulnerable specie.

actually that deer placed fourth or fifth largest

Must have been a good growing season in the area.

I see the deer wasn't armed, thats a fair hunt, only hope it had was to run away.
I don't understand the whole trophy thing for killing an animal just because it has a big set of antlers.
Go kill a animal that if you miss with your gun, the animal fights back, that is a trophy.

More nonsense from someone who thinks hunting is just pointing a gun and shooting.

Rather than argue all that, I will simply ask a question. How do you propose we control the deer population without hunting?

This site is going downhill. I thought Steve McCrackhead had been permanently banned with his blatantly racist avatar but then again I give the owners of USMB too much credit

It's better when idiots like that are left in the open for people to see.

Something progressives can't seem to handle.

Back in the 70s or 80s, NRA did a "study" that maintained men who don't hunt are more likely to be physically abusive and sexually aggressive. I guess that's what they called wife beating rapists. I don't remember much beyond that except that a lot of people didn't like it much.

As for ignorant, cracker ass, trailer trash bucket of slime, steve McGarret, I absolutely agree that now that they're out from under their rocks, normal human beings should do what we always do with cockroaches - keep a bright light shining on them while we crush them them into the nasty little spots of grease they are. Then, scrape them off the bottom of our shoes and get on with it.

I see the deer wasn't armed, thats a fair hunt, only hope it had was to run away.
I don't understand the whole trophy thing for killing an animal just because it has a big set of antlers.
Go kill a animal that if you miss with your gun, the animal fights back, that is a trophy.

Do you buy meat at the grocery store?
Do you hang cow heads on your wall?
No.. Do you?

Watch the hunt 'n' grunts lie that they make herd stronger by "harvesting" the old and sick.

Wish they would harvest each other. With any luck, the dumb twit will shoot herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect they would've passed on this deer if it had been a doe. Too many hunt for the antlers and not the venison. Tip: Head for Jackson hole and just gather up some antlers off the ground near the reserve.

Not knowing the hunting regs in OK, I can't say whether they have an option to shoot a doe.

But many hunters only shoot animals with a rack. That does NOT, however, mean they do not eat the venison.

I have been hunting for 40+ years. I have not met a single deer hunter who wasted the meat. I've known quite a few who donate meat, but none who waste it.

Jesus Christ, that’s a monster! I’ve been hunting for a long time and haven’t taken anything even close to that.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

I'd be more impressed if she had grappled the beast to the ground...

Do you think she hunts so you will be impressed?

Do you grow your own food? Grind your own grain to make bread? The girl hunts. The idea that she should make it a "fair fight" with an animal that is faster, has a much greater sense of smell, excellent eyesight, and has managed to stay alive for several years in an area that has hunting, is ridiculous.

Threads like this remind me that; I can't wait for the lights to go out, so that the die off can begin...

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Do you grow your own food? Grind your own grain to make bread? The girl hunts. The idea that she should make it a "fair fight" with an animal that is faster, has a much greater sense of smell, excellent eyesight, and has managed to stay alive for several years in an area that has hunting, is ridiculous.
Of course it's ridiculous, duh..Now get your hunting panties out of the wad....

Threads like this remind me that; I can't wait for the lights to go out, so that the die off can begin...

Part of me agrees. But then the other part reminds me that I like air conditioning, road trips, live music, and many other attributes of civilization.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Nothing wadded here. Just ridiculing your comment about what it would take for her to impress you.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Thank God she took those rare genetics out of the breeding herd from that rare buck so large and so adept at survival and fit to pass on those great genes to his sons and daughters.

Way to go. Well, at least they got 15 minutes of fame. Next time think of your and everybody else's future hunting forays...

In Maine, if a lobster is large and meaty, they're required by law to throw it back. The logic is that older, larger, healthier animals possess some great trait that allows them to survive to that size while other's perished instead. And they are the more prolific breeders. I guess fishermen in Maine like to keep working.

Gosh I love logic. I really wish other people did too..

Here's a thought. Next time, shoot a photo of the 16-point buck and then shoot the little 6 pointer standing next to him. You won't get your name plastered all over the internet, but you will have better and better deer to hunt as the decades roll on.. A younger buck is more tender on the dinner table too..

All true.

Nature takes out the old, sick and weak. Trophy and "sport" hunters weaken the gene pool.

But then, nature doesn't kill to make up for a weak ego or to feed an abnormal need to kill.

If hunters cared about the overall health and genetic diversity of the animals they kill, this girl would have a photo of this deer to prove her integrity.

That would be a concern in an endangered specie, and those type of protections are in place when the population needs to be control.

Deer are not in any way, shape or form, even a vulnerable specie.
Quite the opposite...there are way too many of them.

Watch the hunt 'n' grunts lie that they make herd stronger by "harvesting" the old and sick.

Wish they would harvest each other. With any luck, the dumb twit will shoot herself.

I suspect they would've passed on this deer if it had been a doe. Too many hunt for the antlers and not the venison. Tip: Head for Jackson hole and just gather up some antlers off the ground near the reserve.

Not knowing the hunting regs in OK, I can't say whether they have an option to shoot a doe.

But many hunters only shoot animals with a rack. That does NOT, however, mean they do not eat the venison.

I have been hunting for 40+ years. I have not met a single deer hunter who wasted the meat. I've known quite a few who donate meat, but none who waste it.
Is it legal to hunt doe ANYWHERE? (I mean WITHOUT a near-impossible-to-get special permit.)

Is it legal to hunt doe ANYWHERE? (I mean WITHOUT a near-impossible-to-get special permit.)

yes in Minnesota there are areas that areeither sex

other areas by permit

some counties have bonus doe tags

Alabama and Georgia allow does to be taken. No special permit.

Chatauqua County Kansas has had a deer explosion in recent years and NINE humans died in just one year from hitting them on the highways in that county. Kansas has issued "either sex" permits for the last 25 years and that STILL hasn't done much to halt the population boom in Whitetail deer. You have to APPLY for a deer tag in Kansas separate from your hunting license, but they aren't expensive. I make some of the best deer jerky you'll ever try and convert about 80% of any deer I take into jerky.

56258104422f8.image.jpg

images

Nothing wadded here. Just ridiculing your comment about what it would take for her to impress you.
It's a joke among hunters... You'll get over it. I hunt also except I don't advertise what I hunt on my land...and I grew up in Okiehoma so this is nothing new nor is it the biggest I have seen I live twenty miles from Gove Ok in Mizzouri and if I want a buck I can step out on my back porch and shoot one and eat it just like the one I have in the freezer now... I challenge her to hunt with a .22 six shooter that is in a hip holster and she has to draw when a rabbit scurries...We would also hunt armadillo with bow and arrow and gar just fer fun...

Forum List

Back