New York City Council honors an American traitor

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Sometimes I feel I've been transported to some alternate reality.

So how about we start seriously considering giving California to Mexico, and the entire northeast to Canada ?

City Council honors Ethel Rosenberg for ‘great bravery’

Ethel Rosenberg, who was executed with her husband for espionage in 1953, was honored Monday by the City Council on what would have been her 100th birthday.

Modal TriggerPhoto: Gregory P. MangoThree council members joined Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer in issuing two proclamations lauding Rosenberg, a Lower East Side resident, for “demonstrating great bravery” in leading a 1935 strike against the National New York Packing and Supply Co., where she worked as a clerk.

The proclamations also said she was “wrongfully” executed for helping her husband, Julius, pass atomic secrets to the Soviet Union.

“A lot of hysteria was created around anti-communism and how we had to defend our country, and these two people were traitors and we rushed to judgment and they were executed,” said Councilman Daniel Dromm (D-Queens).

City Council honors Ethel Rosenberg for 'great bravery'

So how about we start seriously considering giving California to Mexico, and the entire northeast to Canada ?

Ethel Rosenberg, who was executed with her husband for espionage in 1953, was honored Monday by the City Council on what would have been her 100th birthday.

Modal TriggerPhoto: Gregory P. MangoThree council members joined Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer in issuing two proclamations lauding Rosenberg, a Lower East Side resident, for “demonstrating great bravery” in leading a 1935 strike against the National New York Packing and Supply Co., where she worked as a clerk.

The proclamations also said she was “wrongfully” executed for helping her husband, Julius, pass atomic secrets to the Soviet Union.

“A lot of hysteria was created around anti-communism and how we had to defend our country, and these two people were traitors and we rushed to judgment and they were executed,” said Councilman Daniel Dromm (D-Queens).

Liberals aren't hiding it anymore. They are outright subversives.

Liberals aren't hiding it anymore. They are outright subversives.

The topic is Ethel Rosenberg. Do you know anything about her other than the name?

Developments like this make the conclusion of Fail Safe a happy ending.

Because executing the innocent is teh Amurican Way, right?
I take it you're not familiar with Fail Safe.

You take it incorrectly. Although I can see why you'd find a nuclear holocaust started by a mentally disturbed soldier appealing.

Now you tell the class what you know about Ethel Rosenberg.
So, you are not familiar with Fail Safe. There was no nuclear holocaust. Apparently you're not familiar with sarcasm either.
The Rosenbergs made the Cold War possible. I suppose you have a left wing academic revision of history for that one, too?

You take it incorrectly. Although I can see why you'd find a nuclear holocaust started by a mentally disturbed soldier appealing.

So, you are not familiar with Fail Safe. There was no nuclear holocaust. Apparently you're not familiar with sarcasm either.

Not for lack of trying.
The Rosenbergs made the Cold War possible.

That's a version I've never heard before. Are you sure it wasn't Franz Ferdinand?

I suppose you have a left wing academic revision of history for that one, too?

How about you tear yourself away from the Benghazi hearings and read some national news?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/16/n...rand-jury-testimony-ethel-rosenberg.html?_r=0

If you're afraid of the NYTimes, there are several hundred other sources.

Not for lack of trying.

That's a version I've never heard before. Are you sure it wasn't Franz Ferdinand?

How about you tear yourself away from the Benghazi hearings and read some national news?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/16/n...rand-jury-testimony-ethel-rosenberg.html?_r=0

And OJ is innocent, too.

Not for lack of trying.

BTW, your Benghazi quip exposed your bias and and undermined your credibility.

Not for lack of trying.

Because I knew you were posting in the Benghazi threads? Are you saying you know less about Benghazi than you do about Ethel Rosenberg? Or are you just afraid to overtax your brain with updated information?

Neither would surprise me.

Not for lack of trying.

Because I knew you were posting in the Benghazi threads? Are you saying you know less about Benghazi than you do about Ethel Rosenberg? Or are you just afraid to overtax your brain with updated information?

I post in lots of threads. You specified Benghazi and that says more about you.
Oswald was a patsy, right?

Not for lack of trying.

Start a thread about Oswald if that's what you want to talk about. I've noticed no one in this thread, including the OP, wants to talk about Ethel Rosenberg. Just the usual kneejerk drivel. Not surprising.

Not for lack of trying.

Start a thread about Oswald if that's what you want to talk about. I've noticed no one in this thread, including the OP, wants to talk about Ethel Rosenberg. Just the usual kneejerk drivel. Not surprising.
She was convicted of espionage that led to the Cold War and she was executed. New York wants to honor her. That's pretty absurd.
You want to apply revisionist speculative history and are upset that anyone disputes that.

You gotta be kidding. The same unrepentant traitor who was executed in the electric chair for selling Atomic Bomb secrets to the Russians was freaking honored? I guess the NYC idiot city council will honor Lee Oswald next.

Forum List

Back