Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses

The university has not allowed Muslim students to form a Muslim student group and to let them have a plain room without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The university wants to take their money but treat them like second class students. It's bull.

So if I go to a Muslim school they should accomadate my Christian beliefs?

What is BULLSHIT is a Muslim CHOOSING to attend a CHRISTIAN School and then demanding religious favors.

Truthfully it sounds like a set up....

get a few muslims in...and then DEMAND to be accommodated..... it seems to be their way now.

ya know what.... fuck them.

The university has not allowed Muslim students to form a Muslim student group and to let them have a plain room without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The university wants to take their money but treat them like second class students. It's bull.

What is BULLSHIT is a Muslim CHOOSING to attend a CHRISTIAN School and then demanding religious favors.

What is bullshit is a university getting public funding while discriminating. What else is new with you RGS? You hate Muslims. We get it.

I don't see what the big deal is. Are the Catholics similarly insensitive to Jews?

and you hate Christians. We get it.

Truthfully it sounds like a set up....

get a few muslims in...and then DEMAND to be accommodated..... it seems to be their way now.

ya know what.... fuck them.

Next thing you know, the muslimes change the name of the college to Muhammad College, like when the muslimes took over spain and changed it to al-andalus

What is bullshit is a university getting public funding while discriminating. What else is new with you RGS? You hate Muslims. We get it.

I don't see what the big deal is. Are the Catholics similarly insensitive to Jews?

Seems they must be since the Muslims claim there is not a single room without a cross or some such other icon to pray in.

CaféAuLait;4324509 said:

Seems they must be since the Muslims claim there is not a single room without a cross or some such other icon to pray in.

Jews do not try and change anyone or anything to accommodate their religion. Or at least i have never heard of it. They are not offended by other religions..... or their symbols.

8fjwm5h.gif

CaféAuLait;4324509 said:

its an open campus.... they are more then welcome to walk off and RENT a room on their own.

CaféAuLait;4324509 said:

Jews do not try and change anyone or anything to accommodate their religion. Or at least i have never heard of it. They are not offended by other religions..... or their symbols.

I agree. I probably should have assured everyone knew I was being sarcastic since Sky asked if Jews were being treated the same.

The muslims were clearly given rooms. Merely because they don't like the rooms doesnt mean they have been denied any rights.

I'm as anti-islamophobia as anyone else but this isn't even remotely denying rights.

Seems like their faith must be pretty weak if they can't pray in a room with a cross in it.

And if the buildings are that bad, wouldn't Allah (he doesn't exist but for sake of argument) be mad that they wouldn't just pray outside rather than forego praying? Why are walls and a ceiling important to someone's ability to pray?

CaféAuLait;4324343 said:
Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses

Catholic University has been accused of violating the human rights of Muslim students by not allowing them to form a Muslim student group and by not providing them rooms without Christian symbols for their daily prayers, according to a complaint filed with the Washington, D.C. Office of Human Rights.

The 60-page complaint said Muslim students “must perform their prayers surrounded by symbols of Catholicism – e.g., a wooden crucifix, paintings of Jesus, pictures of priests and theologians which many Muslim students find inappropriate.”...

Banzhaf said some Muslim students were particularly offended because they had to meditate in the school’s chapels “and at the cathedral that looms over the entire campus – the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.”

Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

:eusa_hand:

They need to find a different school if they are so 'offended'.
Than tell them to move to a muslim country.

and you hate Christians. We get it.

Particularly Catholics.

If they don't like the provisions of the University, they are welcome to fuck off. It is this kind of behavior that rachets up anti-Islamic feelings. Perhaps that's what they want... so they can point out how hard done by they are.

It's SOP for some people to be offended by everything they seek to destroy.

I DO have to ask why these Muslims are going to what is very clearly a Catholic school run by the Catholic Church...if Catholic symbols offend them so much.

That would seem to be a very logical question. I think we're not supposed to ask those questions. We're supposed to get all emotional and feel sorry for the poor Muslims being offended by the evil Catholics.

As has already been said.... 'fuck 'em'.

Forum List

Back