Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses

if they want to make money off Muslims then they need to provide them with a place to pray.

They should tell them to NOT come to their school if they want to deny them a place to pray

if they want to make money off Muslims then they need to provide them with a place to pray.
They should tell them to NOT come to their school if they want to deny them a place to pray

They can't sit/squat, whatever the fuck they do on the grass/dirt and face east like the Muslim pigs do in Mecca? Why should they get special treatment?

My son's Catholic and attends a Methodist College. Funny, I'm not bitching there's no Catholic Church on campus. Only the Muslims and Liberals bitch about such idiocy.

Count me in on the 'this is horseshit' vote. No offense at all, but enough is enough with the everybody must be accomodated everywhere trend.

Notice their defenders and their stupidity. All Liberals.

Bodecea is a liberal and is speaking against the muslims in this lawsuit.

Deflection, in the other thread several liberals spoke against the Muslims. Doesn't change the fact that ONLY Liberals are defending them.

Notice their defenders and their stupidity. All Liberals.

Bodecea is a liberal and is speaking against the muslims in this lawsuit.

Deflection, in the other thread several liberals spoke against the Muslims. Doesn't change the fact that ONLY Liberals are defending them.

Not a deflection but a correction.

I find the republican party to be fiscally liberal, so i have a different idea of what liberal and conservative are to most.

I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, there's nothing socially liberal about trying to force a religious college to not be religious through government intervention. Forcing religion on people through government intervention is a socially conservative point of view.

The university has not allowed Muslim students to form a Muslim student group and to let them have a plain room without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The university wants to take their money but treat them like second class students. It's bull.

They may be a Catholic university, but unless they only want Catholic students they ought to be more sensitive to other religions and cultures.

This is a Catholic University, what do you want them to do?:confused:

The university has not allowed Muslim students to form a Muslim student group and to let them have a plain room without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The university wants to take their money but treat them like second class students. It's bull.

They may be a Catholic university, but unless they only want Catholic students they ought to be more sensitive to other religions and cultures.

are they breaking the law?

This is a Catholic University, what do you want them to do?:confused:

Convert, submit or die, according to shariah law of the religion of peace

The Human Rights Act generally prohibits denying students equal access to university facilities based upon factors like religion, sex, or sexual orientation unless there is a "business necessity": i.e., without the discrimination, the entity would literally go out of business.

"There is no way that Catholic University can show that it is a 'business necessity' to discriminate against Muslim students by denying them access to the same benefits other student groups enjoy, especially since many Catholic universities, including nearby Georgetown University, permit associations of Muslim students, and courts have held that any such denial cannot lawfully be based even on the most deeply held religious beliefs," says Prof. Banzhaf, who has won more than one hundred discrimination cases under the Act.

Catholic U's President Must Answer New Charges of Illegal Discrimination Against Muslims and Women
no one was denied access to any facilities. What was denied, was the removal of crosses, etc.

BECAUSE IT'S A CATHOLIC SCHOOL.

They don't HAVE to accommodate them. There is no reason to accommodate them. If they are uncomfortable,they should go to an islamic school same as i would send my son to yeshiva.

at some point people really have to get a grip. the first amendment doesn't protect your right to worship in SOME OTHER RELIGION'S sanctuary.

They don't HAVE to accommodate them. There is no reason to accommodate them. If they are uncomfortable,they should go to an islamic school same as i would send my son to yeshiva.

at some point people really have to get a grip. the first amendment doesn't protect your right to worship in SOME OTHER RELIGION'S sanctuary.

:clap2:

Rational and liberal. And great taste in shoes! The above poster rocks! :lol:

So if I go to a Muslim school they should accomadate my Christian beliefs?

What is BULLSHIT is a Muslim CHOOSING to attend a CHRISTIAN School and then demanding religious favors.

What is bullshit is a university getting public funding while discriminating. What else is new with you RGS? You hate Muslims. We get it.

I don't see what the big deal is. Are the Catholics similarly insensitive to Jews?

No one is being discriminated against. The Muslim students have the same access to facilities that non-Muslim students have. Access to facilities, and permission to form a student group/club/etc., are two very different things.

Wanna make a bet this Administration agrees with the Muslims? The simple fact they opened an investigation in such a cut and dried situation tells me what the outcome will be.

Forum List

Back