Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses

The university has not allowed Muslim students to form a Muslim student group and to let them have a plain room without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The university wants to take their money but treat them like second class students. It's bull.

They may be a Catholic university, but unless they only want Catholic students they ought to be more sensitive to other religions and cultures.

BECAUSE IT'S A CATHOLIC SCHOOL.

They don't HAVE to accommodate them. There is no reason to accommodate them. If they are uncomfortable,they should go to an islamic school same as i would send my son to yeshiva.

at some point people really have to get a grip. the first amendment doesn't protect your right to worship in SOME OTHER RELIGION'S sanctuary.

Yeah no kidding.

If they feel they can only pray under a ceiling with walls around them and on university property then I'm sure there's a hallway they can pray in without a cross in sight.

Seems like silly stipulations to be able to pray if you ask me.

The university has not allowed Muslim students to form a Muslim student group and to let them have a plain room without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The university wants to take their money but treat them like second class students. It's bull.

They may be a Catholic university, but unless they only want Catholic students they ought to be more sensitive to other religions and cultures.

They don't HAVE to accommodate them. There is no reason to accommodate them. If they are uncomfortable,they should go to an islamic school same as i would send my son to yeshiva.

at some point people really have to get a grip. the first amendment doesn't protect your right to worship in SOME OTHER RELIGION'S sanctuary.

Wanna make a bet this Administration agrees with the Muslims? The simple fact they opened an investigation in such a cut and dried situation tells me what the outcome will be.

Well, there is a process by which the investigation must follow. We can't have the administration ruling from the mountain. Which agency is investigating? Why would the white house be involved?

if they want to make money off Muslims then they need to provide them with a place to pray.

They should tell them to NOT come to their school if they want to deny them a place to pray

read the articles, moron. They have the same access to facilities that any other student has. They were given facilities to pray in. They did not LIKE said facilities, because the Catholic university would not remove the crosses 5 times a day for them to pray.

if they want to make money off Muslims then they need to provide them with a place to pray.

They should tell them to NOT come to their school if they want to deny them a place to pray

read the articles, moron. They have the same access to facilities that any other student has. They were given facilities to pray in. They did not LIKE said facilities, because the Catholic university would not remove the crosses 5 times a day for them to pray.

It seems like a alot of baggage required for the Muslims to pray.

Wanna make a bet this Administration agrees with the Muslims? The simple fact they opened an investigation in such a cut and dried situation tells me what the outcome will be.

I can see the President now... 'The Catholic University acted stupidly...' blah blah blah.

Well, there is a process by which the investigation must follow. We can't have the administration ruling from the mountain. Which agency is investigating? Why would the white house be involved?

Human Rights Commission. No process requires blatant misinformation or illegal claims to be investigated.

Fact. It is a Catholic College.

Fact. It is a PRIVATE institution.

Fact. The lawyer that brought the claim ADMITS in his claim it is NOT illegal. He claims it is mean.

This Commission is a federal Agency with Obama appointees running it.

Actually they have no such requirements. They are not required to pray 5 times a day if school or work interferes and they are NOT required to pray before any object or symbol. They are not prohibited from praying in rooms with other religious artifacts and symbols. They are NOT required to pray indoors.

:clap2:

Rational and liberal. And great taste in shoes! The above poster rocks! :lol:

:rofl:

high praise, indeed. ;)

You guys do know the Muslims are doing this on purpose.

why would you dignify his paranoia? at some point, we should be able to discuss an issue without anyone making up what they *think* someone else may, might or will "believe".

reality... they would have to assert and prove a violation of a constitutional right. there isn't one.

and this court sure isn't going to find that there is.

it's a non-issue designed to generate more fauxrage.

Human Rights Commission. No process requires blatant misinformation or illegal claims to be investigated.

Fact. It is a Catholic College.

Fact. It is a PRIVATE institution.

Fact. The lawyer that brought the claim ADMITS in his claim it is NOT illegal. He claims it is mean.

This Commission is a federal Agency with Obama appointees running it.

Thank you. Lets hope this is handled appropriately; as you stated it is a private institution and in the abscence of blatant discriminatory practices, this should be a non-issue. The complaint sounds like one big 'nice to have.'

Actually they have no such requirements. They are not required to pray 5 times a day if school or work interferes and they are NOT required to pray before any object or symbol. They are not prohibited from praying in rooms with other religious artifacts and symbols. They are NOT required to pray indoors.

Muslimes can also pray in strip clubs before flying airplanes into the infidels' buildings.

why would you dignify his paranoia? at some point, we should be able to discuss an issue without anyone making up what they *think* someone else may, might or will "believe".

reality... they would have to assert and prove a violation of a constitutional right. there isn't one.

And yet an investigation is initiated. On a claim that the complaining lawyer admits has no legal basis. With facts that prove it is a malicious waste of time.

And yet an investigation is initiated. On a claim that the complaining lawyer admits has no legal basis. With facts that prove it is a malicious waste of time.

since when do you agree with my assessments of what constitutes a bona fide claim?

if i were their lawyer and had an agenda, i could make the argument that if the school accepts federal funds, then maybe there does have to be an accommodation. (i disagree, but the argument could be made).

oh no!!!! an investigation?!?!?!?! what will they think of next?

Last edited:
This is from an NPR interview last year with the President of CUA. 91 Muslim students out of 7000. And prob. only a half dozen complaining. :doubt:

"Catholic campuses had a higher population of Muslim students than the average four-year institution in 2009, according to a recent report by The Washington Post. Students cite the appeal of shared values. However, tensions can rise when Muslim students want to carve out their own space through Muslim prayer rooms, Muslim chaplains and student organizations. Host Michel Martin speaks with John Garvey, president of The Catholic University of America about the influx of Muslim students enrolling in Catholic colleges."

The fact is that most of our Muslim students live off campus so the needs of theirs that we need to attend to are for daily prayer or for meals and fasting and dress and that sort of thing. But needs that are less urgent are ones that we satisfy by connecting them with local ministers.

Our campus ministry works with them to make sure that they know where they can attend the mosque in Virginia or the District of Columbia. Most of our students, as I said, live off campus and so they attend mosque.

Ungrateful bastards. They are jealous of the kids at Georgetown, where the university has bent over backwards, corrupted by Arab petro-dollars. And they will gladly remove their crosses for whomever asks.

Hey kids - do your effin homework and maybe you can get into Georgetown too. :cool:

This is from an NPR interview last year with the President of CUA. 91 Muslim students out of 7000. And prob. only a half dozen complaining. :doubt:

"Catholic campuses had a higher population of Muslim students than the average four-year institution in 2009, according to a recent report by The Washington Post. Students cite the appeal of shared values. However, tensions can rise when Muslim students want to carve out their own space through Muslim prayer rooms, Muslim chaplains and student organizations. Host Michel Martin speaks with John Garvey, president of The Catholic University of America about the influx of Muslim students enrolling in Catholic colleges."

The fact is that most of our Muslim students live off campus so the needs of theirs that we need to attend to are for daily prayer or for meals and fasting and dress and that sort of thing. But needs that are less urgent are ones that we satisfy by connecting them with local ministers.

Our campus ministry works with them to make sure that they know where they can attend the mosque in Virginia or the District of Columbia. Most of our students, as I said, live off campus and so they attend mosque.

Ungrateful bastards. They are jealous of the kids at Georgetown, where the university has bent over backwards, corrupted by Arab petro-dollars. And they will gladly remove their crosses for whomever asks.

Hey kids - do your effin homework and maybe you can get into Georgetown too. :cool:

Its pretty obvious they want to convert these Catholic schools into Islamic centers of learning.

The irony here is that the same knucklehead lawyer is also suing the university over their same sex dorm rule. The Muslim students probably prefer that. Be careful what you wish for kids. Soon they'll have gay clubs too. After all, it's. "Human rights issue".

Forum List

Back