Muslim Prayer Calls on Loudspeakers

WARNING for muslim board members: I am sorry that some of these words are going to be hurtful, but you need to know that I am speaking to the extremist muslims living in America, NOT the "9 to 5" muslims, though I am sure that you will be lumped in with them at times. Not all of these extremist muslims are terrorists, but many of them support terrorist groups and their evil deeds. If you are a muslim, you love America and are loyal to this country before ANY muslim nation, then you are one of us. If you live here, secretly hating this country, hoping that, one day, America becomes an islamic nation, then you can fuc& yourself & your hopeless crack pipe dream. That said, if "good" muslims read this & are offended, I apologize in advance, but this "loudspeaker" subject has forced my hand.

Proud_Savagette- Thanks!

I was going to post about how sad it is that I, an atheist, would have to expose this evil plot.

Ummm, guys, this is NOT about noise pollution, though I am sure anti-Christian liberals & extreme muslims would LOVE for you to believe that.

Church bells make a religously-neutral noise. Yes, they are Christian in nature, but they do not espouse any specific belief or doctrine. The islamic chanty-chant, conversely, proclaims that Muhammad (peace be upon the wicked pedophile) is the only "Messiah," and that Allah is the only god to be worshipped.

I am all for religious freedom in this country, but certain muslims are pushing us Americans too far. They always give lip service to condemning 9/11, but they only use that to give some credibility to their harangue about America, The Great Satan. Why can't muslims ever simply say, "bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and ALL islamic terrorists are evil, and America is great & I love it".........PERIOD? They can't say that because most, not all, secretly celebrated over 9/11, this even though muslims were among those killed in the Towers. I truly believe one can be a good person AND a muslim, but NOT a good person AND a "good" muslim.

I'm sorry, what I am saying makes me sick. I know I should be more open-minded and believe that these terrorists do NOT represent islam or the everyday muslim, but the facts just aren't supporting that naive theory, anymore. Violent muslims come to our shores to kill us "infidels"- just as their "religion" says to do- but we, now, go to THEIR lands to LIBERATE them. We mourn over the muslims killed by Saddam- and even our munitions- & other evil islamic "leaders," while they cheered, en masse, in the arab streets on 9/11.

I believe if this city allows this, it will spread like a fu*king virus across this CHRISTIAN land. Hey! Is it OUR fuc&ing fault you muslims can't tell time? Buy a fu*king watch and don't try to broadcast that garbage into OUR ears. If there is a muslim tv station, I can turn it. If there is a muslim radio program, I switch stations. However, if you start blaring this garbage, intentionally violating OUR streets & ears, then I have no choice but to hear it.

Now, for those of you who say, "Well, let's make a deal: We'll stop the innocuous church bells if THEY won't play their chant." Well, pardon my french, but FU*K YOU! This is America! Yes, we allow people to worship within ANY religion, but make no mistake, we only do this because we are a kind, freedom-loving CHRISTIAN nation. I know this sounds intolerant- perhaps it is- but if you loathe America, hate Christians, and demand to have your chanty-chant blared, you might want to get the fu*k out of this CHRISTIAN nation and go to Tehran. Hey! I would never live in any of those Mid East countries, so why the hell would a devout muslim want to live HERE? Unless, of course, they have a sinister agenda. It can't be because of our freedom since their "religion" is the reason all of the nations over there are such hellholes! If they really had faith in their religion, they would allow & encourage democracy to flourish.

This might seem like hate speech, but there is one big difference: The terrorists hate is PROactive, ours is REactive. And before you start spewing garbage about religious intolerance, just answer this question: What is the ratio of churches in Iran to mosques in America? Yeah, we're The Great Satan....RIGHT!LOL

[Helpful Advice]: Not only will you not get any converts on this board, comparing Muhammad to Jesus Christ will only get you derision and seething anger. It's quite like comparing, politically, Reagan to Stalin, though I am sure liberals would hate to have their boy, "Uncle Joe"- as FDR called him- besmirched that way.

Christianity is already under assault from the Left, now muslims in this country are trying to join in on the war. If this city agrees to this demand, local churches should counter each chanty-chant with a megawatt rebuttal, explaining just who Muhammad (peace be upon the rapist & murderer) was and how Christ, at America's spiritual core, is the ONLY way to the light. If muslims want to make this a public battle, then not even the ACLU or Allah will be able to shield them from the fight that will be taken to them. Though, unlike many muslims' call-to-arms, our CHRISTIAN battle will be fought verbally, not violently.

Side Note: My quasi-religion/philosophical construct, The Jossverse, might be very unorthodox, but you don't see ME running around draining victims' blood, do ya? Any TRUE religion/philosophical doctrine is supposed to inform the devotee about his/her inner humanity, not compel them to DESTROY humanity! It should provide a path to a better life, not a quicker & more violent death.

I will fight for you muslims to worship whatever god or way you wish, but just don't forget that you aren't in Iran. You are free to ride on our American bus of mulit-religions.......just make sure you sit at the back of the bus and keep your fuc&ing mouths SHUT!

Actually, I don't think I want to BE on a "bus" with you guys, if ya know what I mean?

America is fighting to free your people from tyranny, and you guys are fighting to KILL us. Thanks for the gratitude.

You're fu*king welcome!

Spikes, not knowing what your faith (if any) is, I would guess you would not claim yourself to be a "Christian".

If that is the case, my hat's off to you for the best embodiment of a "non-Christian" perspective of the issue I have ever seen --where the facts are laid out as clear as day.

Originally posted by Aquarian
(AgapePress) - A Michigan woman says as a Christian, she is offended that the city council in her small community is poised to approve an ordinance that would allow local mosques to broadcast calls for prayer over loudspeakers.

The City Council of Hamtramck, Michigan, has given preliminary approval to a mosque's plans to send out the Muslim call to prayer on loudspeakers. The Bangladeshi al-Islah mosque wants to air the Arabic call to prayer via loudspeakers five times a day, but has agreed not to air them between 10:00 at night and 6:00 in the morning.
http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/4/222004c.asp

having anything make noise at sunrise everday would last exactly 1 day before someone shot the speakers down I would think... I'm currently trying to evaluate my opinion to make sure I'm just opposed to the noise, religious issues aside. I probably am since church bells annoy me too, at least when they wake me up. If I hear them other times I think they are rather pretty...

Well either outlaw church bells and prayer calls, or allow them both.

Originally posted by Sandy73
Look you have the right to worship anything you like in America and I a cool with that but when you can't have your child hear about God in our schools but yet they may blast Muslim religion that I can't understand .. That is infridging on my religious beliefs and I agree with this woman !

And your Church bells are infringing on my religious beliefs!

You can have your kids hear about God in school all you want. All you have to do is build a school.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
If they allow church bells than they should allow the call to prayer.
If they do not allow church bells than they should not allow the call to prayer.

Personally, I don't think either are a big deal. What was really annoying when I was growing up was this, essentially air raid siren, going off in the morning and in the evenning signifying the beginning and end of the business day. I just wanted to clobber that thing. At least both of those displays are melodic.

We have in Baton Rouge an air raid siren, too, but it only gets tested Wednesdays at 6 pm. I always wondered, if the commies decided to start bombing at Wednesday at 6 pm, how would we know?

Little know fact at LSU - the bells in the bell tower on campus go off at exactly 4:20 pm (if you don't know what 420 is, forget about it) every saturday and sunday. At least, last time I checked. Now that is truly glorious noise to hear!

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
And your Church bells are infringing on my religious beliefs!

You can have your kids hear about God in school all you want. All you have to do is build a school.

The sound of a bell has no overtly religious message. Comparing the two is ridiciulous. Sorry, Charlie.

I reallly hate this argument but------try ringing church bell in a muslim country and then you better pray too --for your life! Unwanted noise is always a problem whether is be a new stadium or an airport so i assume the problem to be a freedom of religion issue. If Muslims would like to hear their religion freely expressed both loudly and frequently perhaps they should also loudly and frequently express their gratitude for having the freedom to do so. By harshly reprimanding those who are attempting to take away these freedoms Muslims may show some "good faith" in this religion which is unfamiliar to most americans. May even gain some acceptance from their fellow Americans I could be wrong but I don't think any religion openly professes " LOVE GOD AND BE SURE TO BOTHER EVERYONE ELSE IN THE PROCESS NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE"

Its hard to get along with each other ain't it?

Originally posted by Aquarian

The City Council of Hamtramck, Michigan, has given preliminary approval to a mosque's plans to send out the Muslim call to prayer on loudspeakers. The Bangladeshi al-Islah mosque wants to air the Arabic call to prayer via loudspeakers five times a day, but has agreed not to air them between 10:00 at night and 6:00 in the morning.

Friggin 6AM wake-up call?

And then FIVE TIMES A DAY???

And who exactly within this sound radius is going to be both a member of the Mosque and also gainfully employed or otherwise within hearing distance of these calls to prayer?

Originally posted by nycflasher
I would just add that religion in public vs. religion in school are two different things.

It's not like your kid is going into school and being asked to praise Allah.

Actually that is not true..In California it is required scholastically for middle schoolers to take a course in Islam. They have to act as muslims , read from the Quaran, and praise Allah.

It is only a matter of time before it comes to your hometown. Many colleges across the US are already doing this!

Well either outlaw church bells and prayer calls, or allow them both.

Um, right...Do you know how many things use bells? It's not just for churches. So I don't see why church bells are so incredibly horrible and infringing on your beliefs, considering you hear them from other things. And how can you compare the two? All different churches use bells, do they not? But they don't all believe the same thing, do they? No. So the bells aren't some kind of subliminal message, now are they? No. And towns used to live by bells. They didn't always signify just church activities. They got up at the bell, went to work at the bell, went home at the bell, and went to bed at the bell, pretty much. How does that infringe upon your beliefs? This prayer call is telling you to come pray to Allah--seriously! That's what the dude who is yodeling is talking about. When's the last time you heard someone talk in a church bell ring? Probably never. And would you like to endorse a religion that beats women (yes, they seem to deny it, but there are muslim girls who come to my school with bruises, but technically the school can't act upon it because you liberals have twisted the law so interfering would be religious discrimination)? Do you find males so much superior? Do you endorse the people who would willingly kill you if they had the chance, just so they could boast about it to their Allah? Christianity, though it has a shady past, and Judaism don't endorse killing anyone nowadays, unless they're screwed up liberals who believe in the slaughtering of innocent babies because it's inconvenient for them and they couldn't take a minute to put on a freakin' condom. but anyway, now that I've gone off on what each symbol represents, tell me again why they should both be allowed or both be banned. Which one has a message of peace and which one has a message of death for all who don't believe?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
The sound of a bell has no overtly religious message. Comparing the two is ridiciulous. Sorry, Charlie.

The sound of CHURCH bells have no overtly religious message?

Many Churchs set off their bells right before the service starts. Sounds like a call to prayer to me.

Originally posted by dilloduck
I reallly hate this argument but------try ringing church bell in a muslim country and then you better pray too --for your life! Unwanted noise is always a problem whether is be a new stadium or an airport so i assume the problem to be a freedom of religion issue. If Muslims would like to hear their religion freely expressed both loudly and frequently perhaps they should also loudly and frequently express their gratitude for having the freedom to do so. By harshly reprimanding those who are attempting to take away these freedoms Muslims may show some "good faith" in this religion which is unfamiliar to most americans. May even gain some acceptance from their fellow Americans I could be wrong but I don't think any religion openly professes " LOVE GOD AND BE SURE TO BOTHER EVERYONE ELSE IN THE PROCESS NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE"

Its hard to get along with each other ain't it?

A) What is the point of your comment about Muslim countries? Are you suggesting we should be like them and stamp out religious beliefs that we don't like?

B) What part of the Constitution requires that someone "loudly and frequently express their gratitude " in order to have their rights protected?

C) Americans do accept their fellow Muslim Americans. Bigots do not. Which are you?

Originally posted by Comrade
Friggin 6AM wake-up call?

And then FIVE TIMES A DAY???

And who exactly within this sound radius is going to be both a member of the Mosque and also gainfully employed or otherwise within hearing distance of these calls to prayer?

6 am is a little ridiculous, I agree. 8 or 9am would be much more reasonable.

Originally posted by Patriot
Actually that is not true..In California it is required scholastically for middle schoolers to take a course in Islam. They have to act as muslims , read from the Quaran, and praise Allah.

It is only a matter of time before it comes to your hometown. Many colleges across the US are already doing this!

Would you please tell me where I can read about that? I'm serious, I detest California liberals, as they are the reason every other liberal gets bad press, and if what you said is true I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Originally posted by proud_savagette
Um, right...Do you know how many things use bells? It's not just for churches. So I don't see why church bells are so incredibly horrible and infringing on your beliefs, considering you hear them from other things. And how can you compare the two? All different churches use bells, do they not? But they don't all believe the same thing, do they? No. So the bells aren't some kind of subliminal message, now are they? No. And towns used to live by bells. They didn't always signify just church activities. They got up at the bell, went to work at the bell, went home at the bell, and went to bed at the bell, pretty much. How does that infringe upon your beliefs? This prayer call is telling you to come pray to Allah--seriously! That's what the dude who is yodeling is talking about. When's the last time you heard someone talk in a church bell ring? Probably never. And would you like to endorse a religion that beats women (yes, they seem to deny it, but there are muslim girls who come to my school with bruises, but technically the school can't act upon it because you liberals have twisted the law so interfering would be religious discrimination)? Do you find males so much superior? Do you endorse the people who would willingly kill you if they had the chance, just so they could boast about it to their Allah? Christianity, though it has a shady past, and Judaism don't endorse killing anyone nowadays, unless they're screwed up liberals who believe in the slaughtering of innocent babies because it's inconvenient for them and they couldn't take a minute to put on a freakin' condom. but anyway, now that I've gone off on what each symbol represents, tell me again why they should both be allowed or both be banned. Which one has a message of peace and which one has a message of death for all who don't believe?

First off, bells that indicate when you need to get up and go to sleep aren't reliigious bells. The issue at hand here is religious noise, not other noise. No subliminal message in church bells? What the hell are you talking about? You don't think of CHURCH when you hear CHURCH bells?

Secondly, believing Muslims should be able to practice their religion doesn't qualifyt as "endorsing" their religion, you made that up in your head to suit your argument. If that were true, the the Founding Fathers would have been "endorsing" every religion on the planet by writing the 1st Amendment

Thirdly, I would like to point out that far more children in this country are beaten by Christians than by Muslims, so I don't know what your point is about Muslims beating their kids.

Fourthly, if I believed in male superiority, I would probably become a ultra conservative wacko pseudo Christian who wants to make women no more than incubators before I became a Muslim.

Fifthly, exactly how many Muslims do you know? Your ignorance of what Muslim Americans are like is absolutely astounding. The guy who sells me my gyros is not going to kill me if he gets a chance. He wants to sell me gyros so he can make money and make a better life for his family just like every other American. The fact that you refuse to realize this is indicative of your prejudices and shortsightedness.

Sixthly, have you ever known ANYONE to get pregnant by not using a condom? If so, that would certainly be interesting, as the only people who use condoms are MEN.

If you think a Muslim prayer call is a message of death, you have much ignorance to correct. You really ought correct you massive ignorance of the Islamic faith before you start judging it.

In the meantime, consider the fact that a little boy in Iraq got his arms blown off and his familiy slaughtered because your Christian god "told" W Bush to drop a bomb near their house.

The sound of CHURCH bells have no overtly religious message?

Many Churchs set off their bells right before the service starts. Sounds like a call to prayer to me.

A bell is just a noise.

The muslim calls to prayer are little minisermons. Very different.

Are you implying that bigots are not americans? If so then I assume you are the final judge of a persons patriotism. How did you get this job? Face it--people are "good"or "bad" in every country. This demand that America live up to a higher standard is usually followed by a comment like "we are BETTER than that". This is the ultimate form of bigotry. America consists of numerous religions and races. Which religion and race are we better than?

First off, bells that indicate when you need to get up and go to sleep aren't reliigious bells. The issue at hand here is religious noise, not other noise. No subliminal message in church bells? What the hell are you talking about? You don't think of CHURCH when you hear CHURCH bells?

No, I don't think of church, because my elementary school was ghetto, and they used the church bells to let everyone know when school was starting and when we got out. Sorry. SEems as if you are just a bit close-minded when it comes to what church bells can represent. Of course, you are probably going to post back saying that my school is just an exception, blah blah blah, but how the heck would you know????

Secondly, believing Muslims should be able to practice their religion doesn't qualifyt as "endorsing" their religion, you made that up in your head to suit your argument. If that were true, the the Founding Fathers would have been "endorsing" every religion on the planet by writing the 1st Amendment

Do you know what they are saying in this message that comes over speakers five times a day? It puts down all other religions besides the 'wonderful religion of Islam." Right...I'm not sure how church bells are proclaiming Christianity as the right religion...you know, many Christian churches don't even have bells...and by the way, when the Founding Fathers wrote the first amendment they were supporting freedom of religion, so in a way, they were endorsing it, because they were saying that you could practice any religion you want. But that's the key. PRACTICE any religion you want, not shove it down other people's throats via loudspeakers for pete's sake. The Church bells don't have a message going on that says "Christ is the one true Messiah, the only way to God is through Christ," so on, so forth. That would be violating it right? And what about the ten commandments? They took those down from courthouses, because they containted the written word of the bible on them; can you tell me what the difference is between the muslim call to prayer and the ten commandments?

I'll have to finish defending myself from your idiotic attacks later, because I have homework to do...

Would you please tell me where I can read about that? I'm serious, I detest California liberals, as they are the reason every other liberal gets bad press, and if what you said is true I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36118

Requiring seventh-grade students to pretend they're Muslims, wear Islamic garb, memorize verses from the Quran, pray to Allah and even to play "jihad games" in California public schools has been legally upheld by a federal judge, who has dismissed a highly publicized lawsuit brought by several Christian students and their parents.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
A bell is just a noise.

The muslim calls to prayer are little minisermons. Very different.

No, in fact a bell is NOT just a noise when in fact it is being used as a call to prayer. One could just as well say the Muslim call to prayer is just noise, its just some words strung together, so it must be noise and devoid of all meaning just like Church bells going off when its time to be in Church is apparently, according to you, devoid of any meaning.

Forum List

Back