Pa.Lawmaker's Christian Prayer Stirs Controversy on Day Legislature's 1st Muslim Was Sworn In

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The Republican lawmaker from north-central Pennsylvania told the Associated Press that she did nothing wrong. But the state's first Muslim woman lawmaker disagreed.

A Pennsylvania lawmaker was accused of "weaponizing" religion after she delivered a Christian invocation on the floor of the State Capitol Monday, the same day the first Muslim woman was sworn into the legislature.

"It blatantly represented the Islamophobia that exists among some leaders — leaders that are supposed to represent the people,” Johnson-Harrell told the Pennsylvania Capital-Star news site.

A fellow Philadelphia lawmaker, Rep. Jordan Harris, said Borowicz's prayer "weaponized" religion. "On a day that should be celebrated across Pennsylvania as we see the first Muslim woman sworn into office, we instead started off with a rambling, at times incoherent prayer that consisted of weaponizing the name of Jesus while dipping into partisan rhetoric on President Donald Trump," Harris said of Borowicz's reference to the president's support of Israel in her prayer.

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcphiladelphia.com ...

The associate pastor's wife was elected to represent a rural central Pa district in November..She made the prayer just moments before Muslim Democratic Rep Movita Johnson-Harrell took the oath of office.

Borowicz continued: 'At the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tongue will confess, Jesus, that you are Lord.'

11506464-6852863-image-a-67_1553664815080.jpg

Muslim Rep.Johnson-Harrell said she was offended by the prayer and felt the remarks by Rep. Borowicz used her religion against her. 'I thought that for the most part, the entire invocation was offensive,'

wire-11501430-1553648141-739_634x450.jpg

Well you ugly fat hateful intolerant bitch you offend me and millions of others.....now GET THE FUCK OUT!....See how that works!

There is a reason for Separation of Church and State, and she crossed the line. I have no problem with religion but keep it to yourself or in church.

Forum List

Back