Muslim Chief of Police Under Fire For Refusing to Salute Flag During Pledge of Allegiance

No hyperbole at all. How can one be sure whether everyone is truly loyal all day long unless they take oaths on it?

Are you loyal?

I only ask because I often see libs ridicule the very idea of patriotism, and then we see something like this, and they, such as you have done, attack the way patriotism is shown.

It seems disingenuous of you to attack HOW loyalty is shown when you do not believe in being loyal to the nation, or that the nation does not deserve your or anyone's loyalty.

For people claiming it's patriotic issue,

"In 1943 the Supreme Court of the United States decided that "No one - child or adult -- could be forced to say 'The Pledge of Allegiance. To force someone to say it was in opposition to "freedom and justice for all.""

To say nothing of the whole thing was made to honor Columbus. You know, that pirate who showed up one day and started laying waste to everyone he met.
I didnt see anyone forcing her to. BUt she is not just some Jane Schmoe. She's a public officer. It is disgraceful and she was rightly reprimanded.

Doesn't matter. It's an anti-Islam thing, nothing more.

A Muslim Assistant Chief of Police in Miami is under fire for what she chose to do during the pledge of allegiance at a ceremony last week.

As Dom the Conservative reported:
Muslim Chief of Police Under Fire For Refusing to Salute Flag During Pledge of Allegiance Top Right News
Fraternal Order of Police President Javier Ortiz was livid after he witnessed assistant chief of police Anita Najiy disrespecting the American flag as she refused to put her hand over her heart during the pledge of allegiance.

“If you’re not pledging allegiance to the United States, my question is what country are you pledging allegiance to?” Ortiz told the Miami New Times. “Anyone who isn’t offended by that is not American, because when you become a U.S. citizen, you pledge allegiance to the U.S.
As said in the article - Mustafa Carroll, the head of the Dallas-Fort Worth branch of CAIR in 2013: “If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land.”
And it seems like this person will say the same things in court(of course if somebody will sue her)
And also - since when, person who think that American traditions were created not for everybody can serve to our country?!
I guess they can cut her head off now.

I only ask because I often see libs ridicule the very idea of patriotism,
I am not American.

I am ridiculing the idea that form is more important than substance.

Are you a patriot of your nation?

Symbols and how we show respect to them are important in forming and maintaining groups, such as Nations, and police forces.

You disrespect the symbols you disrespect what they stand for, and those that believe in them.

Are you serious unaware of that?

You have to know where to draw the line.

131220235918-greene-pledge-of-allegiance-salute-new-story-top.jpg

But if you believe that form is more important than substance, no-one will be less surprised than I.

But if you believe that form is more important than substance, no-one will be less surprised than I.

YOu already said that.

The conversation has moved on.

I have commented on the importance of symbols.

Do you agree that symbols are important?

I believe that teaching people to be good Germans by following form is a system of control. Whether that is good depends on your policy goals. If you wish to have free thinking individuals it is bad, if you wish a controllable population it is good.

I believe that teaching people to be good Germans by following form is a system of control. Whether that is good depends on your policy goals. If you wish to have free thinking individuals it is bad, if you wish a controllable population it is good.

"Following forms"?

You think that a free thinking individual can't be a member of a group and work with others?

You ever work closely with anyone on anything important?

She should be fired. no ifs ands or buts

she should stand as role model for the citizens she was hired to protect

You think that a free thinking individual can't be a member of a group and work with others?
An adherence to form is a handicap to free thinking.

Are you going to give your meaning of 'patriot'? You used the word.

An adherence to form is a handicap to free thinking.

Are you going to give your meaning of 'patriot'? You used the word.

Free thinking and being a member of a group, or working with others is NOT a handicap to free thinking.

I do not have a personal meaning of the word. Don't play word games. Answer the question. Use the standard english meaning.

Do you not know that meaning? YOur english is good. Look it up if you need to.

Are you a patriot?

Okay, I'll put out Collins'...

Definition of patriot Collins English Dictionary

a person who vigorously supports his country and its way of life

No, I'm not. My country and its way of life needs no such support. If you think your country and its way of life will collapse if correct form in and the frequent taking of an oath is not adhered to, I can see why you'd be a patriot.

Last edited:
A high ranking officer in a major American PD...who is Muslim and refusing allegiance to America.

Ha...what could go wrong!?!?
In any event, it seems likely that Little Miss Muslim Deputy Police Chief is going to have a hard time getting officers to support her in future.

Too bad. Her fellow officers appear to support her. In all regards she appears well qualified for the job. It's a pity bigotry rears it's ugly head.
By what yardstick do you measure that Miami police officers support this person in her refusal to salute the American flag?

What rubbish you serve-up here.

Miami cop who didn t salute flag gains support union chief keeps up pressure Miami Herald Miami Herald

So exactly why does she deserve to be fired?
I doubt that the Miami Herald article is reflective of the Department at-large, but it does, indeed, appear, that she has at least some support within it.

I never said nor implied anything about her being fired.

Although that sounds like a darned-fine idea, now that you mention it.

Why?

Forum List

Back