Muslim Chief of Police Under Fire For Refusing to Salute Flag During Pledge of Allegiance

A high ranking officer in a major American PD...who is Muslim and refusing allegiance to America.

Ha...what could go wrong!?!?
In any event, it seems likely that Little Miss Muslim Deputy Police Chief is going to have a hard time getting officers to support her in future.

Too bad. Her fellow officers appear to support her. In all regards she appears well qualified for the job. It's a pity bigotry rears it's ugly head.
By what yardstick do you measure that Miami police officers support this person in her refusal to salute the American flag?

What rubbish you serve-up here.

So, an oath of allegiance five times a day while facing Washington in order to flush out the non-patriotic?

You know you want to.

A high ranking officer in a major American PD...who is Muslim and refusing allegiance to America.

In any event, it seems likely that Little Miss Muslim Deputy Police Chief is going to have a hard time getting officers to support her in future.

Too bad. Her fellow officers appear to support her. In all regards she appears well qualified for the job. It's a pity bigotry rears it's ugly head.
By what yardstick do you measure that Miami police officers support this person in her refusal to salute the American flag?

Miami cop who didn t salute flag gains support union chief keeps up pressure Miami Herald Miami Herald

So exactly why does she deserve to be fired?

Miami cop who didn t salute flag gains support union chief keeps up pressure Miami Herald Miami Herald

I doubt that the Miami Herald article is reflective of the Department at-large, but it does, indeed, appear, that she has at least some support within it.

I never said nor implied anything about her being fired.

Although that sounds like a darned-fine idea, now that you mention it.

For people claiming it's patriotic issue,

"In 1943 the Supreme Court of the United States decided that "No one - child or adult -- could be forced to say 'The Pledge of Allegiance. To force someone to say it was in opposition to "freedom and justice for all.""

To say nothing of the whole thing was made to honor Columbus. You know, that pirate who showed up one day and started laying waste to everyone he met.
I didnt see anyone forcing her to. BUt she is not just some Jane Schmoe. She's a public officer. It is disgraceful and she was rightly reprimanded.

Who is wanting to fire her?

If you ask me, we should expect our public servants to be American first, and whatever religion they belong to second, but there isn't much chance of it happening anytime soon (the majority of this present Congress for instance)

If you ask me, we should expect our public servants to be American first, and whatever religion they belong to second, but there isn't much chance of it happening anytime soon (the majority of this present Congress for instance)
Please name the congressmen in your opinion who would not stand appropriately for the Pledge.

Please name the congressmen in your opinion who would not stand appropriately for the Pledge.

So THAT is the ultimate measure of patriotism? I think not.

So THAT is the ultimate measure of patriotism? I think not.
You made a claim, asshole. I called you on it. Now you're trying to deflect.
Please list the congressmen who would not stand for the Pledge.

You made a claim, asshole. I called you on it. Now you're trying to deflect.
Please list the congressmen who would not stand for the Pledge.
Asshole is somewhere in your pants, don't forget you discuss political events with real people and mind your manners, please.
There are no such congressmen because it's the US Congress which is different organ of government and represents other branch of power. I don't understand why you compare policemen with congressmen.

220px-Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg

Students pledging to the flag with the Bellamy salute circa 1941.
link

131220235918-greene-pledge-of-allegiance-salute-new-story-top.jpg

Southington, Connecticut school children pledge their allegiance to the flag, in May 1942.
link

No, and I think the pledge of allegiance is ludicrous. Imagine adults doing that in public!

It always reminds me of the loyalty oaths situation in Catch 22.

No, and I think the pledge of allegiance is ludicrous. Imagine adults doing that in public!

It always reminds me of the loyalty oaths situation in Catch 22.

So, you are a member of a group, with no loyalty to the group, but willing to benefit from the sacrifices of the group?

That Police chief has a masters Degree and the punk cop Union rep is a well known "aperture" and also an "orifice"..

She is a 32-year veteran with a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice and a master’s degree in national security affairs. She has worked in the chief’s office, patrol and in field operations. She was the Overtown Neighborhood Enhancement Team commander.

Read more here: A proper salute Police command staff union chief differ over flag pledge Miami Herald Miami Herald

they hate Union but they love Police Unions...WTF....?

oh here is the explanation...she is Black and a Muslim...and has an education....of course numb nuts are going after her...

18%20cops%20041815%20promotions%20A.JPG

So, you are a member of a group, with no loyalty to the group, but willing to benefit from the sacrifices of the group?
I think that unless the oath is taken five times a day while facing Washington no-one can be deemed truly loyal.

I think that unless the oath is taken five times a day while facing Washington no-one can be deemed truly loyal.

Your use of hyperbole is noted.

BUt now, do I "put words in your mouth" and assume that means "Yes"?

No hyperbole at all. How can one be sure whether everyone is a truly loyal American all day long unless they take oaths on it?

edit...Oh, in a form that everyone approves, of course.

Well how lovely
We have rioting and looting, Police chiefs pledging to who knows what country. Militant Homosexuals beating people and their businesses down, and the lovely beat goes on

oh well

Forum List

Back