Muslim Chief of Police Under Fire For Refusing to Salute Flag During Pledge of Allegiance

Interesting.

You were talking big generalities, of whole populations that would be easily controllable.

What happened?
I gave an example of patriotism meaning one cannot think for oneself.
After all, your snivel was in the singular.

You have indicated that you think being a patriot means you cannot think for yourself.

Anyway, how about you answering some questions. Are you a patriot? If so, how do you vigorously support your country and its way of life?

I assume you conform to group think from what you've said. How does this conformation manifest itself?

Interesting.

You were talking big generalities, of whole populations that would be easily controllable.

What happened?

You have indicated that you think being a patriot means you cannot think for yourself.
Interesting.

What happened?

You were doing the claiming. YOur claim was of about patriotic people in general.

English doesn't have a good You plural.

"When I see people on my TV taking shots at Uncle Sam, I hope they always remember why they can!"

God bless you and John and our troops and our homeland always!!!

Holly

I wonder about any country where allegiance is so weak it must be continually pledged. Something strange going on there.
A citizen of any country pledges allegiance to that country as a show not only of support but a way of saying thank you for what that country has given. Try going in to a marriage without saying "I love you" more than once. As far as all muslims of the world the day is set for the extermination of all of them and I am sorry to say I probably won't be around to enjoy it.
Which day is it again?
I forgot to mark my calender........

Anyway, how about you answering some questions. Are you a patriot? If so, how do you vigorously support your country and its way of life?

I assume you conform to group think from what you've said. How does this conformation manifest itself?

1. Hell, yes I am a patriot. America is a good group to be a part of with a proud past.

2. HOw do I "vigorously support your country and its way of life"? All kind of ways, from being a productive member of society and paying taxes to participating in pro-war rallies to vigorously defending my nation on internet forums from people who are unfair or unkind to America.

3 NOthing in the definition of Patriotism requiring group think or avoidance of individual thought or taking of responsibility. I do salute the flag when called for. I do observe many traditions and holidays, and show respect to certain symbols, such as the Flag.

A citizen of any country pledges allegiance to that country as a show not only of support but a way of saying thank you for what that country has given. Try going in to a marriage without saying "I love you" more than once. As far as all muslims of the world the day is set for the extermination of all of them and I am sorry to say I probably won't be around to enjoy it.
So apparently the full expression of your allegiance to your country entails the desire that its citizens be eradicated.

I think I'd rather support my country in a low key way, rather than the vigorous efforts patriotism seems to require.

Patriotism seems coincident with knee jerking, I wouldn't want to put my knee out.

1. Hell, yes I am a patriot. America is a good group to be a part of with a proud past.

2. HOw do I "vigorously support your country and its way of life"? All kind of ways, from being a productive member of society and paying taxes to participating in pro-war rallies to vigorously defending my nation on internet forums from people who are unfair or unkind to America.

3 NOthing in the definition of Patriotism requiring group think or avoidance of individual thought or taking of responsibility. I do salute the flag when called for. I do observe many traditions and holidays, and show respect to certain symbols, such as the Flag.
So why are people accusing the Deputy Chief of lack of patriotism apart from the form she showed? She pays taxes, I assume, does productive work and showed respect to the symbols of her nation.

It was merely the form her display of respect took that has provoked the knee jerking, not the actual substance of her vigorous support of her country.

Last edited:

So why are people accusing the Deputy Chief of lack of patriotism apart from the form she showed? She pays taxes, I assume, does productive work and showed respect to the symbols of her nation.

It was merely the form her display of respect took that has provoked the knee jerking, not the actual substance of her vigorous support of her country.

You assume she showed respect to the symbols of her nation?

Well, others observed her show of respect and found it lacking.

So apparently the full expression of your allegiance to your country entails the desire that its citizens be eradicated.

I think I'd rather support my country in a low key way, rather than the vigorous efforts patriotism seems to require.

Patriotism seems coincident with knee jerking, I wouldn't want to put my knee out.

Eradication of a species or race or religion is nothing new and if you add in survival it merely becomes what is known as "war". To date wars have ended before eradication was achieved but in view of the rantings of the Muslim radicals and the failure of the moderates to challenge them it may be eradication may have it's day sometime soon. It won't be pretty but it will be necessary.

Forum List

Back