Muslim Chief of Police Under Fire For Refusing to Salute Flag During Pledge of Allegiance

timslash

Dec 4, 2014
Buffalo. NY
A Muslim Assistant Chief of Police in Miami is under fire for what she chose to do during the pledge of allegiance at a ceremony last week.

As Dom the Conservative reported:
Muslim Chief of Police Under Fire For Refusing to Salute Flag During Pledge of Allegiance Top Right News
Fraternal Order of Police President Javier Ortiz was livid after he witnessed assistant chief of police Anita Najiy disrespecting the American flag as she refused to put her hand over her heart during the pledge of allegiance.

“If you’re not pledging allegiance to the United States, my question is what country are you pledging allegiance to?” Ortiz told the Miami New Times. “Anyone who isn’t offended by that is not American, because when you become a U.S. citizen, you pledge allegiance to the U.S.
As said in the article - Mustafa Carroll, the head of the Dallas-Fort Worth branch of CAIR in 2013: “If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land.”
And it seems like this person will say the same things in court(of course if somebody will sue her)
And also - since when, person who think that American traditions were created not for everybody can serve to our country?!

Of course, anyone in any religion, any person who (at least professes) to believe in 'God' must believe that the word of 'God' is over the word of humans.

Such a person might think twice before investing themselves in an organization sworn to uphold the word of humans.

Though it is tasteless, what the police chief allegedly did, it is not illegal:

Pledge of Allegiance - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There is no law in the USA that requires citizens to stand up for, cross their hearts or recite the pledge of allegiance. The same applies to the national anthem.

This also applies to the US Military:

Pledge of Allegiance to the flag ArmyStudyGuide.com

Soldiers may recite the Pledge of Allegiance as noted below in accordance with Section 4, Title 4, United States Code (4 USC 4)...

Also, the law itself:

4 U.S. Code 4 - Pledge of allegiance to the flag manner of delivery LII Legal Information Institute

"The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: “I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”, should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute. Members of the Armed Forces not in uniform and veterans may render the military salute in the manner provided for persons in uniform."

"May" and "should" do not equal "must".

This sure looks like butthurt Righties looking for one more thing to be really butthurt about.

A Muslim Assistant Chief of Police in Miami is under fire for what she chose to do during the pledge of allegiance at a ceremony last week.

As Dom the Conservative reported:
Muslim Chief of Police Under Fire For Refusing to Salute Flag During Pledge of Allegiance Top Right News
Fraternal Order of Police President Javier Ortiz was livid after he witnessed assistant chief of police Anita Najiy disrespecting the American flag as she refused to put her hand over her heart during the pledge of allegiance.

“If you’re not pledging allegiance to the United States, my question is what country are you pledging allegiance to?” Ortiz told the Miami New Times. “Anyone who isn’t offended by that is not American, because when you become a U.S. citizen, you pledge allegiance to the U.S.
As said in the article - Mustafa Carroll, the head of the Dallas-Fort Worth branch of CAIR in 2013: “If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land.”
And it seems like this person will say the same things in court(of course if somebody will sue her)
And also - since when, person who think that American traditions were created not for everybody can serve to our country?!

Maybe she and the President are just smarter than everyone who had a problem with it?

"The Pledge of Allegiance should be recited by standing at attention, facing the flag, and saluting.

The Pledge was written to celebrate the 400th anniversary of Columbus's voyage. The celebration plans resulted in Columbus Day being designated a holiday for the whole country by President Benjamin Harrison.

The original Pledge was written in August of 1882. The 23 words read as follows:

I pledge allegiance to my Flag
and to the republic
For which it stands
one Nation, indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all.

A change was made to the Pledge in 1923. The original verse was changed from "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the republic. . ." to "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America."

In 1923, along with the word change, it was also decided that everyone should say the pledge with their right hands on their hearts. Then in 1954 Congress added "under God" to the Pledge. It was pointed out that Abraham Lincoln had called the United States "this nation under God" in "The Gettysburg Address."

In 1943 the Supreme Court of the United States decided that "No one - child or adult -- could be forced to say 'The Pledge of Allegiance. To force someone to say it was in opposition to "freedom and justice for all.""
National Flag Foundation

Morons.

The other thing is, if people pledge allegiance to a flag how can they just walk away afterwards and leave it hanging there, possibly out in all weather? Hardly very faithful of them. One would have thought they'd have stayed there and followed it. Perhaps saluted it a bit more, but got it out of the sun at least.

Last edited:
This just goes to show how "Moderate Muslims" view their allegiance to the very country that gives them freedom to do this.

Let's see them get away with that in Saudi Arabia, Iran, or Libya.

Hardly freedom to do it with the hard time she was given, guy wanting to kick her out for exercising a constitutional freedom. Almost as though he was religious police enforcing Sharia law.

Some of the oaths are archaic in terms of their language, especially ones they require citizens to give occasionally when they get a passport renewal.
Saying the pledge should be mandatory. This woman is not patriotic at all. What a disgrace.

Saying the pledge should be mandatory. This woman is not patriotic at all. What a disgrace.
It would seem so. Swearing an oath of loyalty should by required 5 times a day, while facing Washington. That's reasonable if people are really loyal and not pretending.

For people claiming it's patriotic issue,

"In 1943 the Supreme Court of the United States decided that "No one - child or adult -- could be forced to say 'The Pledge of Allegiance. To force someone to say it was in opposition to "freedom and justice for all.""

To say nothing of the whole thing was made to honor Columbus. You know, that pirate who showed up one day and started laying waste to everyone he met.

It would seem so. Swearing an oath of loyalty should by required 5 times a day, while facing Washington. That's reasonable if people are really loyal and not pretending.
And make it mandatory to participate in Pirate Day, and make people walk the plank if they don't believe in the great American tradition of privateering.

I starting to worry about my allegiance to my country now, I don't think I've ever sworn an oath of loyalty to its flag.

However, I have said 'Arrrrrrgghhhh me hearties!'

Forum List

Back