Muslim American Hotel Owner: “Get the Jews out of my pool!”

thanks skull I was wondering the same thing The Hotel owner did not do himself a favor----he could have accomplished the same thing----ie stop the event without resorting to racist slurs-----if he wins the case----then he has really created a PRECEDENT which may also bite him in the ass. In my town HOTELS are regularly used for all kinds of "events" and some rely on them for their business

An upscale hotel on a Santa Monica, California, beach is an odd place to be singled out from a crowd and removed because you are Jewish, but that’s what happened to 18 young professionals who are telling their story to a jury in a discrimination trial taking place in Santa Monica Superior Court this week.

Ari Ryan is the grandson of a Ukranian Jew who lost most of his family in the Holocaust and narrowly escaped death at the hands of the Nazis. Ryan’s grandfather moved to Israel in 1942 and served as a captain in the Israel Defense Forces.

Seventy years later Ryan says he got a small taste of what his grandfather lived through, but rather than in the forests of the Ukraine, it took place at an upscale hotel in Santa Monica. Ryan and more than a dozen others have brought a lawsuit alleging anti-Semitic discrimination against them by a multi-millionaire Muslim American hotel owner.

Two years ago Ryan and other twenty-and thirty-something Jews planned to raise money to send children of fallen IDF soldiers to camp with a charity event at the Hotel Shangri-La in Santa Monica, California.

On the morning of July 11, 2010, Ryan and others arrived at the hotel and began setting up Friends of the IDF banners, literature and piles of shirts for the event guests.

But the event was aborted after, according to one employee’s sworn testimony, the hotel’s owner told staff members, “Get the [expletive deleted] Jews out of my pool.” Then the hotel security and other employees began removing the materials and ordering the guests to leave.

Ryan said, “Anyone wearing a blue wristband,” which identified them as being with the Friends of the IDF, “was asked to get out of the swimming pool and the hot tub.” In fact, no one who was identifiable as Jewish was so much as “allowed to dip their feet in the water.”

Muslim American Owner of Santa Monica Shangra-La hotel:

i hope they get a lot of money.

but i would probably not have used that particular hotel for that purpose... just so i wouldn't enrich them.

I was thinking the same thing about not going to a hotel owned by people IF you knew they were bigoted against your faith. I'm not sure if the Jewish customers knew this in advance however.

Born in Pakistan but raised from an early age in the United States, Ms. Adaya said she had experienced life as a minority member during her time in the Santa Monica public schools and later at a private girls’ school. “I was the only one,” she said when asked if there had been other Muslims in a heavily Jewish school she once attended.

Carl Arvilla, a security director for the Shangri-La, testified on Wednesday afternoon that the hotel was simply enforcing standing policies that ban leaflets and limit the use of its pool to guests.

She eventually agreed to let the group stay once the banners and leaflets were removed
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/05/us/muslim-hotel-owner-fights-charge-of-anti-semitism.html/?_r=1

Hang on.
The people started to put the banners up when the hotel staff kicked them out.
That suggests the hotel had no prior warning of the event or what they were about to do.

I don't know of any hotel that would stand a bunch of people turning up without prior agreement and doing stuff like that.

An upscale hotel on a Santa Monica, California, beach is an odd place to be singled out from a crowd and removed because you are Jewish, but that’s what happened to 18 young professionals who are telling their story to a jury in a discrimination trial taking place in Santa Monica Superior Court this week.

Ari Ryan is the grandson of a Ukranian Jew who lost most of his family in the Holocaust and narrowly escaped death at the hands of the Nazis. Ryan’s grandfather moved to Israel in 1942 and served as a captain in the Israel Defense Forces.

Seventy years later Ryan says he got a small taste of what his grandfather lived through, but rather than in the forests of the Ukraine, it took place at an upscale hotel in Santa Monica. Ryan and more than a dozen others have brought a lawsuit alleging anti-Semitic discrimination against them by a multi-millionaire Muslim American hotel owner.

Two years ago Ryan and other twenty-and thirty-something Jews planned to raise money to send children of fallen IDF soldiers to camp with a charity event at the Hotel Shangri-La in Santa Monica, California.

On the morning of July 11, 2010, Ryan and others arrived at the hotel and began setting up Friends of the IDF banners, literature and piles of shirts for the event guests.

But the event was aborted after, according to one employee’s sworn testimony, the hotel’s owner told staff members, “Get the [expletive deleted] Jews out of my pool.” Then the hotel security and other employees began removing the materials and ordering the guests to leave.

Ryan said, “Anyone wearing a blue wristband,” which identified them as being with the Friends of the IDF, “was asked to get out of the swimming pool and the hot tub.” In fact, no one who was identifiable as Jewish was so much as “allowed to dip their feet in the water.”

Wow, holy shit!

I heard Jews have a tendency to piss in the pool, maybe that's all the owner was trying to avoid. :dunno:
No they have a tendency to piss in the mouths of Nazis like you.

Born in Pakistan but raised from an early age in the United States, Ms. Adaya said she had experienced life as a minority member during her time in the Santa Monica public schools and later at a private girls’ school. “I was the only one,” she said when asked if there had been other Muslims in a heavily Jewish school she once attended.

Carl Arvilla, a security director for the Shangri-La, testified on Wednesday afternoon that the hotel was simply enforcing standing policies that ban leaflets and limit the use of its pool to guests.

She eventually agreed to let the group stay once the banners and leaflets were removed
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/05/us/muslim-hotel-owner-fights-charge-of-anti-semitism.html/?_r=1
Just think, if that whore hotelowner wouldn't have done what she did, she would have been ostracized from the Paki-shitstaini / Moooslime community..."Fatima, you let Jews hold a 'support Israel' event in your hotel?!" Whereas now, she says with pride to the community "I kicked those filthy Jews out of my hotel!" and she's become a legend of her own.

I bet you Pakistani newspapers are calling her a fucking hero.

The war with Islam that all you right wing Zionists continue to call for is a world-wide war. Unfortunately its spilled over into our country with 9/11, and your posted incident.

America's military power will control the violence in the ME to keep the oil flowing and Israel and world-wide Jewery will be left with the task of fighting Islam when it runs out.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Hang on.
The people started to put the banners up when the hotel staff kicked them out.
That suggests the hotel had no prior warning of the event or what they were about to do.

I don't know of any hotel that would stand a bunch of people turning up without prior agreement and doing stuff like that.
Yeah well, that city and it's people are one of the most liberal in the country, including the Jews that live there. In fact I've been there and know that exact hotel! The hotel owner must have been outright racist and anti semetic for them to have brought this case forward. I can tell you this, if the plaintiffs win, not only will there be a heavy fine, they might even take the owner's business license away, which means she's up shit's creek without paddles and she's either going to have to sell the hotel or close it's doors.

This is a good time for a Jew to step in and buy it at a fraction of what it's worth. Add insult to injury as they say.

The war with Islam that all you right wing Zionists continue to call for is a world-wide war. Unfortunately its spilled over into our country with 9/11, and your posted incident.

America's military power will control the violence in the ME to keep the oil flowing and Israel and world-wide Jewery will be left with the task of fighting Islam when it runs out.
You got that wrong, douchebag. It's Islam that is at war with everybody.

Why were the Jews setting up a political event at the pool without asking permission?

This is a private business and may refuse service to anyone it likes that is causing, or instigating any type of activities it deems unfit for it's customers.

gotcha, :clap2:

so it's OK to refuse service as long as the patrons are not black

Forum List

Back