Muslim American Hotel Owner: “Get the Jews out of my pool!”

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
An upscale hotel on a Santa Monica, California, beach is an odd place to be singled out from a crowd and removed because you are Jewish, but that’s what happened to 18 young professionals who are telling their story to a jury in a discrimination trial taking place in Santa Monica Superior Court this week.

Ari Ryan is the grandson of a Ukranian Jew who lost most of his family in the Holocaust and narrowly escaped death at the hands of the Nazis. Ryan’s grandfather moved to Israel in 1942 and served as a captain in the Israel Defense Forces.

Seventy years later Ryan says he got a small taste of what his grandfather lived through, but rather than in the forests of the Ukraine, it took place at an upscale hotel in Santa Monica. Ryan and more than a dozen others have brought a lawsuit alleging anti-Semitic discrimination against them by a multi-millionaire Muslim American hotel owner.

Two years ago Ryan and other twenty-and thirty-something Jews planned to raise money to send children of fallen IDF soldiers to camp with a charity event at the Hotel Shangri-La in Santa Monica, California.

On the morning of July 11, 2010, Ryan and others arrived at the hotel and began setting up Friends of the IDF banners, literature and piles of shirts for the event guests.

But the event was aborted after, according to one employee’s sworn testimony, the hotel’s owner told staff members, “Get the [expletive deleted] Jews out of my pool.” Then the hotel security and other employees began removing the materials and ordering the guests to leave.

Ryan said, “Anyone wearing a blue wristband,” which identified them as being with the Friends of the IDF, “was asked to get out of the swimming pool and the hot tub.” In fact, no one who was identifiable as Jewish was so much as “allowed to dip their feet in the water.”

Muslim American Owner of Santa Monica Shangra-La hotel:

Last edited:
I wonder if that is worse than Israel not allowing Christians to go to church for Easter.

An upscale hotel on a Santa Monica, California, beach is an odd place to be singled out from a crowd and removed because you are Jewish, but that’s what happened to 18 young professionals who are telling their story to a jury in a discrimination trial taking place in Santa Monica Superior Court this week.

Ari Ryan is the grandson of a Ukranian Jew who lost most of his family in the Holocaust and narrowly escaped death at the hands of the Nazis. Ryan’s grandfather moved to Israel in 1942 and served as a captain in the Israel Defense Forces.

Seventy years later Ryan says he got a small taste of what his grandfather lived through, but rather than in the forests of the Ukraine, it took place at an upscale hotel in Santa Monica. Ryan and more than a dozen others have brought a lawsuit alleging anti-Semitic discrimination against them by a multi-millionaire Muslim American hotel owner.

Two years ago Ryan and other twenty-and thirty-something Jews planned to raise money to send children of fallen IDF soldiers to camp with a charity event at the Hotel Shangri-La in Santa Monica, California.

On the morning of July 11, 2010, Ryan and others arrived at the hotel and began setting up Friends of the IDF banners, literature and piles of shirts for the event guests.

But the event was aborted after, according to one employee’s sworn testimony, the hotel’s owner told staff members, “Get the [expletive deleted] Jews out of my pool.” Then the hotel security and other employees began removing the materials and ordering the guests to leave.

Ryan said, “Anyone wearing a blue wristband,” which identified them as being with the Friends of the IDF, “was asked to get out of the swimming pool and the hot tub.” In fact, no one who was identifiable as Jewish was so much as “allowed to dip their feet in the water.”

i hope they get a lot of money.

but i would probably not have used that particular hotel for that purpose... just so i wouldn't enrich them.

why is this on the "israel and palestine" board...and it happened two years ago...and pam geller is a hater...and atlas shrugged is a hate site.

why is this on the "israel and palestine" board...and it happened two years ago...and pam geller is a hater...and atlas shrugged is a hate site.

People bring Anti-Zionsts hate sites as cradible sources here, all the time. I don't whine about it.

Why were the Jews setting up a political event at the pool without asking permission?

This is a private business and may refuse service to anyone it likes that is causing, or instigating any type of activities it deems unfit for it's customers.

The article is a bit vague on a few key points.
Did the group have prior permission from the hotel to have the chairty event there?

Were the ones "discriminated" against paying guests? You must be a paying guest to use the pool at motels.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I wonder if that is worse than Israel not allowing Christians to go to church for Easter.

And not letting Jews pray in the Temple mount?

When did that happen?

You can't be as ignorant as you pretend but here's the answer:
"After the 1948 Arab-Israeli War the wall came under Jordanian control and Jews were barred from the site for 19 years until Israel captured the Old City in 1967."
Western Wall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see, but the bigoted JACKASS who said "Get the @##%$##@ Jews out of my pool" is ok in your book.

I heard Jews have a tendency to piss in the pool, maybe that's all the owner was trying to avoid. :dunno:

i hope they get a lot of money.

but i would probably not have used that particular hotel for that purpose... just so i wouldn't enrich them.

How often do you look at the religion or ethnicity of a hotel owner before you book a room or event ?

Forum List

Back