Mulsim clearks at Target refuse to ring up pork products

not all Christian or catholic pharmacists feel as strongly as others do about contraception.

and I agree that both sides should either be similarly fired or similarly accomodated

Why do I think when those that felt strongly about the morning after pill protested, you didn't respond, until now that the pork crap has come to the forefront? Both are wrong in my opinion. You can quit your job, to expect your employer to 'move you' or make another line, is so wrong on so many fronts...

Why do I think when those that felt strongly about the morning after pill protested, you didn't respond, until now that the pork crap has come to the forefront? Both are wrong in my opinion. You can quit your job, to expect your employer to 'move you' or make another line, is so wrong on so many fronts...

you will be hard pressed to find me calling for the jesus freak pharmacists firing...

you will be hard pressed to find me calling for the jesus freak pharmacists firing...

And the muslims are what sort of 'freaks?' See, the Catholics were trying to stay true to their beliefs, that makes them freaks? Have you found anything that gave them leeway to not filling? Did they give up their employment? My guess, yes. They were insubordinate. But not the Muslims? Well, yeah, but that is different. Kinda like hate crimes.

And the muslims are what sort of 'freaks?' See, the Catholics were trying to stay true to their beliefs, that makes them freaks? Have you found anything that gave them leeway to not filling? Did they give up their employment? My guess, yes. They were insubordinate. But not the Muslims? Well, yeah, but that is different. Kinda like hate crimes.

you will not find anything written from me that asks for differential treatment for either group

This is not the same issue. Where in that article did it say that Wal-Mart condones that practice? It looked to me as if the Pharmacist and Pharmacy tech didn't want to give the pill to her. That's a BIG difference from the home office approving you to not sale these items due to your religious beliefs. I am sure Wal-Mat was a little pissed off at those two employees. And maybe, just maybe they lost their jobs. Article doesn't say that. I would almost bet that they did. Especially after the customers high reaching complaints. Just another story that the Democrats can try to turn into calling Christians hypocrites. Just ignore the fact that Muslims are being catered to. Like in Europe how the prisons are redoing the bathrooms so the Muslims won't have to face East to urinate. As I stated before...Why doesn't Target let their Christian employees off on Sundays?...Yeah....Those damn crazy Christians....You better watch out...They may try to talk to you and annoy the piss out of you....But the Muslims will leave you alone as they change the laws of your country....Idiots'.....I used to vote Democrat....That was until the mid 90's when the Democrats turned into the Anti-American Culture party. Anything traditionally American, IE, Christianity dominance must go.

1) They weren't fired.
2) Wal-Mart now has a policy that says their employees must direct the customer to someone who will fill their order (previously the employees were saying, "Wal-Mart says we don't have to and good luck finding someone who will.")
3) Maybe they don't give them Sunday off because Sunday isn't the Sabbath? They should do like Schottenstein's (big department store here in Columbus)... they're closed from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.
4) Why do you demand "Christian dominance"? What is it with Christians always wanting to dominate? Is that the teachings of Christ shining through? "So he sayeth unto his disciples, 'more dominance, less love!'"

1) They weren't fired.
2) Wal-Mart now has a policy that says their employees must direct the customer to someone who will fill their order (previously the employees were saying, "Wal-Mart says we don't have to and good luck finding someone who will.")
3) Maybe they don't give them Sunday off because Sunday isn't the Sabbath? They should do like Schottenstein's (big department store here in Columbus)... they're closed from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.
4) Why do you demand "Christian dominance"? What is it with Christians always wanting to dominate? Is that the teachings of Christ shining through? "So he sayeth unto his disciples, 'more dominance, less love!'"

I used to work at wall mart. What a joke, i discriminated people left and right, they loved it. They told me keep up the discrimination. haha. Nothing against wall mart workers, just some advice, if you work at wall mart and your over the age of 21, your way to smart to be working at wall mart. Get a job where your mind is being used, its worth more, unless your kobe bryant.

just like the catholic cashier in a chemist, who refused to sell contraception to women. based on religous grounds.
or the catholic republicans who have impeeded stem cell research. based on religion.
i could go on,

Let's not forget the pharmacists who refuse to fill physician ordered prescriptions for Plan-B and other oral contraceptives.

1) They weren't fired.

1. They should have been....I don't doubt if they wasn't...Hard to get fired from anywhere anymore..Too many B.S. lawsuits

2. Policy should be IMMEDIATE TERMINATION

3. Sunday is the traditional day of rest. Remember when things used to be closed on Sunday's???

4. Never called for "Christian Dominance". Christianity is the dominant religion in America. "Anything traditionally American, IE, Christianity dominance must go."...Sorry that every country has a dominat religion.

Some of you need to stop reading so much into post. Not everyone has an hidden agenda. Not everything needs to be an issue...If your Muslim....Then don't eat pork. Eating, and ringing it up are two different issues...If your Catholic, then don't use birth control.....Using it and giving it to someone when it's your damn job are two different issues too. If you don't like handing out the products your store sells, then go somewhere else. Or start your own damn store....Narcissim is running wild in this country....Everything has to be about ME....ME.....ME....If I don't agree with it, then you must accomodate me...That is total B.S. Defending it is opening up a Pandora's Box.

I wonder how many people who believe muslims should be forced to handle pork in the workplace, despite muslim doctrine, ALSO believe that christians should not be forced to sell birth control, morning after pills, etc, in the workplace BECAUSE of christian doctine....

I wonder how many people who believe muslims should be forced to handle pork in the workplace, despite muslim doctrine, ALSO believe that christians should not be forced to sell birth control, morning after pills, etc, in the workplace BECAUSE of christian doctine....

I think both are in the wrong jobs if they can't or won't do them.

Forum List

Back