Mulsim clearks at Target refuse to ring up pork products

I am so craving some nice crispy bacon right now.

If your relgion forbades you from selling pork, I have an idea......DON'T WORK SOMEWHERE WHERE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SELL PORK.

I'm in full agreement... but I feel that way about these pharmacists who refuse to sell contraceptives and other medications while working for CVS and Walmart.

Wal-Mart Pharmacist denies couple morning-after pill

COLUMBUS, Ohio A woman in Ohio has complained to the governor and an abortion rights group about Wal-Mart workers who wouldn't give her morning-after contraceptive pills that don't require a prescription.
Twenty-three-year-old Tashina Byrd of Springfield Ohio, said the pharmacist shook his head and laughed when a pharmacy attendant asked this month about giving the woman Plan B. The hormone pills can help prevent pregnancy if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex.

The attendant told Byrd that the store stocked Plan B but nobody would give it to them.

The Food and Drug Administration decided in August to allow nonprescription sales of Plan B emergency contraceptive pills.

I'm in full agreement... but I feel that way about these pharmacists who refuse to sell contraceptives and other medications while working for CVS and Walmart.

you are quite right...it is exactly the same issue.... but the religious right only recognizes the rights of Christians to have their religious beliefs offended.

you are quite right...it is exactly the same issue.... but the religious right only recognizes the rights of Christians to have their religious beliefs offended.

But you can rest assured that the right-wing hate spewers like Hannity and Limbaugh will be out there saying, "The lefties want to persecute Christians who won't give pills to kill babies!!!!! But they want to protect terrorists who won't sell pork!!!!!'

I'm here to tell you, I think both scenarios are stupid. You work for someone who sells contraceptive pills or pork... expect to be selling contraceptive pills and pork.

This is not the same issue. Where in that article did it say that Wal-Mart condones that practice? It looked to me as if the Pharmacist and Pharmacy tech didn't want to give the pill to her. That's a BIG difference from the home office approving you to not sale these items due to your religious beliefs. I am sure Wal-Mat was a little pissed off at those two employees. And maybe, just maybe they lost their jobs. Article doesn't say that. I would almost bet that they did. Especially after the customers high reaching complaints. Just another story that the Democrats can try to turn into calling Christians hypocrites. Just ignore the fact that Muslims are being catered to. Like in Europe how the prisons are redoing the bathrooms so the Muslims won't have to face East to urinate. As I stated before...Why doesn't Target let their Christian employees off on Sundays?...Yeah....Those damn crazy Christians....You better watch out...They may try to talk to you and annoy the piss out of you....But the Muslims will leave you alone as they change the laws of your country....Idiots'.....I used to vote Democrat....That was until the mid 90's when the Democrats turned into the Anti-American Culture party. Anything traditionally American, IE, Christianity dominance must go.

This is not the same issue. Where in that article did it say that Wal-Mart condones that practice? It looked to me as if the Pharmacist and Pharmacy tech didn't want to give the pill to her. That's a BIG difference from the home office approving you to not sale these items due to your religious beliefs. I am sure Wal-Mat was a little pissed off at those two employees. And maybe, just maybe they lost their jobs. Article doesn't say that. I would almost bet that they did. Especially after the customers high reaching complaints. Just another story that the Democrats can try to turn into calling Christians hypocrites. Just ignore the fact that Muslims are being catered to. Like in Europe how the prisons are redoing the bathrooms so the Muslims won't have to face East to urinate. As I stated before...Why doesn't Target let their Christian employees off on Sundays?...Yeah....Those damn crazy Christians....You better watch out...They may try to talk to you and annoy the piss out of you....But the Muslims will leave you alone as they change the laws of your country....Idiots'.....I used to vote Democrat....That was until the mid 90's when the Democrats turned into the Anti-American Culture party. Anything traditionally American, IE, Christianity dominance must go.

show me an link where the pharmacists were fired and I'll retract..... shy of that, all you have is conjecture.

Me too. But no one has really touched on the real issue here IMO. And that is how in both cases the people have horribly skewed the belief system of their respective deities.

show me an link where the pharmacists were fired and I'll retract..... shy of that, all you have is conjecture.

All I have is conjucture?? Yes all I have is conjucture. Exactly the same thing you did....You said it was "exactly the same issue". You show me a link where Wal-Mart Stores reassigned all Christian or Catholic Pharmacy employees because it was against their religion to sale contraceptives. That is EXACTLY the same issue. I also said that MAYBE THEY WERE FIRED. This is clearly a conjucture. My point was, and is that it is not the same issue at all.....Show you a link?..What is this? A courtroom. This is a discussion board..Not a court of law...Personally I feel they should have been fired. The Wal-Mart employees, and the Muslim clerks....If you can't perform your job for any reason, then you have no position. The Government can't discriminate against it citizens on religious beliefs...I didn't know that Wal Mart and Target were part of the Government. This country is becoming a joke. Fast

All I have is conjucture?? Yes all I have is conjucture. Exactly the same thing you did....You said it was "exactly the same issue". You show me a link where Wal-Mart Stores reassigned all Christian or Catholic Pharmacy employees because it was against their religion to sale contraceptives. That is EXACTLY the same issue. I also said that MAYBE THEY WERE FIRED. This is clearly a conjucture. My point was, and is that it is not the same issue at all.....Show you a link?..What is this? A courtroom. This is a discussion board..Not a court of law...Personally I feel they should have been fired. The Wal-Mart employees, and the Muslim clerks....If you can't perform your job for any reason, then you have no position. The Government can't discriminate against it citizens on religious beliefs...I didn't know that Wal Mart and Target were part of the Government. This country is becoming a joke. Fast

not all Christian or catholic pharmacists feel as strongly as others do about contraception.

and I agree that both sides should either be similarly fired or similarly accomodated

Forum List

Back