MSNBC Consensus: Gingrich Is 'Disgusting'

The talking heads this morning on MSNBC's Morning Joe reacted to Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's assessment of Occupy Wall Street. "All of the Occupy movement starts with the premise that we all owe them everything," Gingrich said over the weekend. "It's a pretty good symptom for how much the left has collapsed as a moral system in this country, and why you need to reassert something as simple as saying, 'Go get a job right after you take a bath.'"

Mika Brzezinski, the show's co-host, was furious. "Wow," Brzezinski said after playing a clip of Gingrich's remarks. "It's really not surprising, coming from me, but that's about the most arrogant and un-self-aware, and those are probably the only words I can use ... for any politician in this Republican field to say..."

MSNBC Consensus: Gingrich Is 'Disgusting' | The Weekly Standard

I don't think MSNBCows has ever met a Republican they didn't think was disgusting do you?

I think you're quite wrong. Joe Scarborough, himself, is a Republican, as is Colin Powell and neither are considered disgusting by MSNBC. There are others they have on regularly that aren't considered disgusting. I guess they'd have to be RINOS then!!! :lol:

Colin Powell endorsed Obama for president. Why wouldn't he be considered a RINO?

A lot of others have been labeled RINO for a lot less.

And yes, Scarborough is considered a RINO by many. I don't like how many people are considered RINOs by conservatives, but sometimes the call makes sense.

Last edited:
Yup...

TEAPartyvsOWS.jpg

ows31.jpg
Worthless lying CON$ervoFascist scum don't even care that the photo of the teabagger is from 2007!!!

Condition Orange
Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What does it matter what YEAR it's from? Sheeezuz freakin' K-riste... you ignorant cock slapping bubble head... :cuckoo:
The patented CON$ervoFascist dumb act when caught lying! You and your lying teabag scum have been passing those shit pictures as taking place at OWS. So the fact that the picture was from 2007 exposes teabaggers for the filthy lying scum they are. And CON$ervoFascist teabag filth is on the inside and never washes out.

Last edited:
The patented CON$ervoFascist dumb act when caught lying! You and yout lying teabag scum have been passing those shit pictures as taking place at OWS. So the fact that the picture was from 2007 exposes teabaggers for the filthy lying scum they are. And CON$ervoFascist teabag filth is on the inside and never washes out.

Good post :)

Colin Powell endorsed Obama for president. Why wouldn't he be considered a RINO?

Because he’s an American and may endorse/vote for whomever he wants with impunity, including retaining the right to call himself a republican if he wishes.

And that’s the problem.

Of course he can call himself a Republican. But actions speak louder than words. When you endorse a Democrat for president, you're kicking your own self out of the Republican club. You may still have the membership card in your wallet, but it's MSNBC and NPR who are going to invite you to their parties.

I can call myself a cloud. But I'm still stuck here on the ground.

Last edited:

Because he’s an American and may endorse/vote for whomever he wants with impunity, including retaining the right to call himself a republican if he wishes.

And that’s the problem.

Of course he can call himself a Republican. But actions speak louder than words. When you endorse a Democrat for president, you're kicking your own self out of the Republican club. You may still have the membership card in your wallet, but it's MSNBC and NPR who are going to invite you to their parties.

And endorsing somebody for the sole reason that they have a "R" next to their name-even when you think the other person is more qualified...that's called putting your party before your country. That's unpatriotic.

And that’s the problem.

And endorsing somebody for the sole reason that they have a "R" next to their name-even when you think the other person is more qualified...that's called putting your party before your country. That's unpatriotic.

Powell did not need to endorse anyone. He made an active move to endorse a Democrat and everything that entailed. If he thought a Democrat agenda was proper for the country then it hardly matters what he calls himself.

It is what it is.

i seem to remember the right thinking cross-party endorsements were a good thing when zel miller and joe lieberman did it.

maybe powell is a patriot who loved his country more than his party...

but rightwingnuts who would have thought it ok to have sarah barracuda anywhere near the white house wouldn't get that.

and if colin powell ran for president today, he'd still win.

Last edited:

Powell did not need to endorse anyone. He made an active move to endorse a Democrat and everything that entailed. If he thought a Democrat agenda was proper for the country then it hardly matters what he calls himself.

It is what it is.

I wasn't talking about Powell specifically (I admit I haven't read through the whole thread). But I think if he came out and supported McCain, even if he personally thought Obama would be the better president-would be unpatriotic on his part. (just like if somebody did the exact opposite). I do agree that he didn't have to endorse Obama, and truth be told I'm not really sure why he endorsed Obama (or that I really even care all that much).

With that said though I find your last sentence interesting. Do you think it matter what politicians call themselves politically? (not trying to attack here, just wondering-only saying this because I know how message boards can get haha).

It doesn't really matter he calls himself to me-just like I don't think it really matters what anybody calls themselves.

i seem to remember the right thinking cross-party endorsements were a good thing when zel miller and joe lieberman did it.

maybe powell is a patriot who loved his country more than his party...

but rightwingnuts who would have thought it ok to have sarah barracuda anywhere near the white house wouldn't get that.

and if colin powell ran for president today, he'd still win.

Not under the Republican banner he wouldn't.

Oh cool, hyperbole! I love hyperbole!

How is that a hyperbole? Do you even know what that word means? He was seeing his mistress, while his wife (at that time) was going through chemotherapy for cancer.

Are you gonna tell me now that he took his little baby children to the hospital, to see his wife, as she lay fighting for every breath... and told her he was leaving her for a younger, prettier, healthier woman?

:lol:

No he taked about the divorce and brought papers.

He met his first wife in High school , she was his math teacher.

Newt has some thing about having a secret forbidden sex thing.

Do you understand how that is a character flaw?

The talking heads this morning on MSNBC's Morning Joe reacted to Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's assessment of Occupy Wall Street. "All of the Occupy movement starts with the premise that we all owe them everything," Gingrich said over the weekend. "It's a pretty good symptom for how much the left has collapsed as a moral system in this country, and why you need to reassert something as simple as saying, 'Go get a job right after you take a bath.'"

Mika Brzezinski, the show's co-host, was furious. "Wow," Brzezinski said after playing a clip of Gingrich's remarks. "It's really not surprising, coming from me, but that's about the most arrogant and un-self-aware, and those are probably the only words I can use ... for any politician in this Republican field to say..."

MSNBC Consensus: Gingrich Is 'Disgusting' | The Weekly Standard

I don't think MSNBCows has ever met a Republican they didn't think was disgusting do you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JckR3YaFLxE]Gingrich: 'Go get a job right after you take a bath' - YouTube[/ame]

Newt is Correct. He might not show any tact when expressing the truth but he is correct.

Forget his "take a bath and get a job" comment and listen to the rest of what he said, he nailed them good!

And you might in 2013 too. If I were you, I'd divert to irrelevant tangents also.

Anything is possible, but it's pretty damned unlikely.

"I think that [Susan Smith] killing the two children in South Carolina vividly reminds every American how sick the society is getting and how much we need to change things. The only way you get change is to vote Republican."

Gingrich Admits to Affair During Clinton Impeachment - ABC News

:thup:

Outstanding.

So where DOES the glorious peoples party stand on postpartum abortion? Gingrich could be right on the money.

Just heard someone say, in regard to Newt's suggestion that OWS take a bath and get a job, there aren't enough baths to get Newt clean.

And this folks; truly IS the level of wit for the left.....

Once again we prove my thesis: The lower the IQ, the further to the left.
right.

And Glenn Beck was a Rhodes Scholar. Rush Limbaugh is a Nobel Laureate in Mathematics. Sean Hannity developed the Unified Theory that so long eluded Einstein.

Three former disc jockeys. Three dryly subtle raconteurs. The Algonquin Roundtable of the Right.

right.

And Glenn Beck was a Rhodes Scholar. Rush Limbaugh is a Nobel Laureate in Mathematics. Sean Hannity developed the Unified Theory that so long eluded Einstein.

They all have quicker and sharper wits than Olbermann, Maddow and Stewart.

Three former disc jockeys. Three dryly subtle raconteurs. The Algonquin Roundtable of the Right.

Yawn...

We got Rothbard, you got Krugman - nuff said.

right.

They all have quicker and sharper wits than Olbermann, Maddow and Stewart.

Yawn...

We got Rothbard, you got Krugman - nuff said.
I guess if your paradigm of wit is Don Rickles, you have a point. If, on the other hand, you consider wit to be a demonstration of an individual's ability to satirize while making a cogent point, the Right has miles to go yet. Mean ain't witty. It's just mean.

I guess if your paradigm of wit is Don Rickles, you have a point. If, on the other hand, you consider wit to be a demonstration of an individual's ability to satirize while making a cogent point, the Right has miles to go yet.

Whether the right does well at this or not, they do exceed the left.

Mean ain't witty. It's just mean.

Indeed.

Demagoguery - the one and only message of the left.

Forum List

Back