"Mr. President: You're Wrong."

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
(CNSNews.com) -- President Obama’s statements on global warming are “dead wrong,” said Nobel laureate Ivar Giaever, who rejected the president's claims that man-made global warming is causing climate change.

“I think Obama is a clever person, but he gets bad advice. Global warming is all wet,” Giaever said in a speech entitled Global Warming Revisited he gave on July 1 to scientists from 90 countries attending the 65th annual Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau, Germany.

Giaever, who was born in Norway and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1964, was one of three recipients of the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1973.

Although he endorsed Obama in 2008 along with more than 70 other Nobel-winning scientists, Giaever is now criticizing the president’s statements on climate change -- particularly his 2015 State of the Union remark that “no challenge poses a greater threat to future generations than climate change.”

"The biggest problem Obama faces is climate change? How can he say that?" Giaever asked. "I say this to Obama: 'Excuse me, Mr. President, but you're wrong.' He is dead wrong...

"So global warming really starts with these two people: Al Gore and [former United Nations climate head Rajendra] Pachauri," Giaever continued. "And what they did - they made this curve popular...And what did this curve measure? Well, this curve measures what is the average temperature for the world for a whole year...For one year. So there's an average temperature for the whole Earth for one year and that measures in a fraction of a degree.

"So what does that mean? I think probably nothing. Let me talk about that again: From 1880 to 2015, the temperature has increased from 288 K [degrees Kelvin] to 288.8 K - 0.3 percent. I think the temperature has been amazingly stable.

"If I take where I live in Albany, New York, there is roughly an 80 K difference between summer and winter at some time, so would you think that a 0.8 degree average on the Earth makes any difference to the climate in Albany? Is that sensible to you?...

"I would say that global warming basically is a non-problem. Just leave it alone, it will take care of itself,” he added.

lol........."a non-problem"!! Love it.

But the thought we can do anything about it, problem or not, is really what separates rational people from those who have their feet planted firmly on the floor rarely if ever.

Nobel Laureates Issue A Call To Action On Climate Change

The Declaration on Climate Change has 36 laureate signatures

At the 65th annual edition of the Lindau Nobel Laureates Meetings, held from June 28-July 3 in Lindau, Germany, on the shores of Lake Constance, 65 laureates gathered with 650 young scientists from 88 countries for a week of lectures and discussion that included several calls to action.

Laureates Francoise Barré-Sinoussi and Peter Agre joined their voices in the call for expanded recognition and support of scientists in Africa. Laureate Richard Roberts urged his colleagues to reverse European opinion on GMO crops in order to facilitate their wider use in the developing world. And 2014 Peace Prize winner Kailash Satyarthi made an impassioned speech urging the attendees’ commitment to end the exploitation and enslavement of children and support their universal right to education.

But most prominent—and formal—was raised on the final day of the conference, held on nearby Mainau Island: a call to address climate change. 2011 Physics laureate Brian Schmidt introduced the Mainau Declaration 2015 on Climate Change, signed by 36 Nobel laureates, to the hundreds of laureates, scientists and other attendees. “Nearly 60 years ago, here on Mainau, a similar gathering of Nobel Laureates in science issued a declaration of the dangers inherent in the newly found technology of nuclear weapons—a technology derived from advances in basic science,” he said. “We believe that our world today faces another threat of comparable magnitude.”

While Schmidt acknowledged that there were laureates who did not want to publicly express an opinion, he stated that “those of us who sign do so because we feel we have a moral-bound duty as a scientist on an issue that has such lasting consequences…We say this not as experts in the field of climate change, but rather as a diverse group of scientists who have a deep respect for and understanding of the integrity of the scientific process.”

Hmmmmmm.......................................

There are people that have conducted and published dozens of peer review studies on various facets of climate change. Your fellow has done none.

What exactly makes him an authority on climate science? :dunno:

Search for his biography.

Ivar Giaever - Wikipedia

Giaever's field of expertise is not climatology, and indeed he has never published a peer-reviewed paper on the subject. As he admits in his speech to Nobel Laureates mentioned above, he spent a day and a half on Google researching the subject.

From wiki,

Giaever's field of expertise is not climatology, and indeed he has never published a peer-reviewed paper on the subject. As he admits in his speech to Nobel Laureates mentioned above, he spent a day and a half on Google researching the subject.

Giaever is currently a science advisor at the right-wing and libertarian lobbyist group The Heartland Institute

Ah yes, the good old Heartland Institute, we should be done here.

What exactly makes him an authority on climate science? :dunno:

Search for his biography.

Ivar Giaever - Wikipedia

From wiki,

Giaever is currently a science advisor at the right-wing and libertarian lobbyist group The Heartland Institute

Ah yes, the good old Heartland Institute, we should be done here.

I'm not even sure what the Heartland Institute is, and I could care less. The fact that he knows nothing about climatology and admits it is the kicker. :lol:

The Heartland Institute is a PR firm that takes millions from oil companies (and, formerly, tobacco companies) and then produces "research" that shows what the oil companies want it to show.

Forum List

Back