Motorcycles are great

Jarlaxle

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2012
New England
Wife and I did a group ride yesterday...about 400 miles, Vermont and western Mass, mostly back roads. Lots of fun, lots of nice people. I have a new scrape on my muffler.

Turned 17,000 miles on my Burgman, and 92,000 on my wife's PC.

Wife and I did a group ride yesterday...about 400 miles, Vermont and western Mass, mostly back roads. Lots of fun, lots of nice people. I have a new scrape on my muffler.

Awesome man. Im hoping to get some riding in this weekend. Nothing like that. Just a couple hours ride or something.

PVFlag.jpg

No Harley snobs? Some won't ride with anything but a Harley or a good Japanese imitation.

Sounds like a great experience.

Do you have any comes equip on board? (BT headsets & whatnot)

No Harley snobs? Some won't ride with anything but a Harley or a good Japanese imitation.

Sounds like a great experience.

Do you have any comes equip on board? (BT headsets & whatnot)

We both have Sena systems...she has the SMH5-FM I used until last year. I have a new helmet (Bilt Techno modular) with integrated Sena.

I only saw a couple of Harleys. Most bikes were sport-tourers (Kawi Concours, Honda ST, or BMW RS), with some adventure bikes (Tenere, R1150GS, a couple V-Stroms) and half a dozen Goldwings. The group I was with was a ST1100 (darksided, 2-up), a 650 Strom, my Burg, my wife's PC, a BMW F800GS, and a BMW K1200LT.

One notable bike I saw was an old BMW R80GS...it was set up for long-distance touring with side panniers and top case. The boxes were covered with stickers...notably, a map of the US and Canada with the entire US and most of Canada filled in, a Key West "mile zero" sticker, a Dalton Highway-Deadhorse, Alaska sticker, a BMWMOA 200,000 mile medallion, and this license plate backer:

100ccc_plate.jpg

The bike had 280,000 miles.

I have a quad runner and I wanted to have a spare motorcycle so the kids can ride together. This thing will carry me and I weigh 220.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
$250 mini bike goes about 25 mph. My bro doesn't want them riding two wheel motorcycles because they aren't safe. This ones harmless

Forum List

Back