Mother of school shooter found guilty.

The issue is if the parent has a gun in the house then it is their responsibility to secure that gun. There are many ways to do this.

I fell sorry for the mother but I would need to know if she purchased the gun or did the father

If the father purchased the gun , then she should not have been on trial. Only the father assuming he is the one who purchased the gun and ultimately responsible for securing it.

Was she a bad parent, I don't know but this is is an extreme punishment and do both parents need to be punished?

This is an issue of purchasing a gun in a home with other people and not securing it.

How much does a trigger lock cost?

everybody talks about gun safety but is it just lip service?

Something like this won't happen to me is delusional thinking and makes one forget about gun safety when its stored.

The next step is coming to an understanding why the parents aren't in the homes of black children.
Misguided (but well intentioned?) handling of welfare/housing, under "The Great Society", is my opinion. Now it has a life of its own.

This verdict creates a slippery slope. you are right about parents being charged with a crime if their son or daughter kills someone with a vehicle they bought them.
Apples and oranges.

A car does not equal buying a teenager with mental problems a handgun and then abdicating all responsibility for said teen on the day they decide to use the gun. If you are present when a murder occurs during a crime, you can be charged with the murder, even if you did not commit the murder.

This is also about being a party to the crime by your own intent.

Misguided (but well intentioned?) handling of welfare/housing, under "The Great Society", is my opinion. Now it has a life of its own.
Yes that's true, but something went wrong that caused the need for so much welfare and assisted housing.

Black race far far too dismissive of 75% .adult male wandering nomad lifestyle

So the parent can be charged by the school for the kid shooting the school up but the school can’t be held accountable by the parent for the school abetting a sex change for the kid?
And can the school be held accountable if the Texas cops are afraid to enter the classroom where a gunman is murdering 19 students?

Home or not they’re still the parents. Go get those daddies. The fact that they’re not there has more to do with social deviance than anything.
Oh, I have no problem with the concept. It would just be harder to prove to a jury, if he's been out of the home for years.

Yes that's true, but something went wrong that caused the need for so much welfare and assisted housing.
Not the question or the point, now. The problem is the problem, and nobody has a solution. I sure don't.

A surprise verdict by the jury. Now parents can be found responsible for their kid's crimes.

No, she’s responsible for ignoring her son’s blatantly obvious warning signs, ignoring the warnings of the school staff and refusing to take her son home when asked to by the school on the day he went on the mass shooting

She’s responsible for her own (in)actions, and was found guilty on manslaughter accordingly

Just wait. The dad's trial starts next month.

I didn’t follow the trial. So you could save a second (or so) for me:

was she found to have shared her son’s mental culpability?

Or did they claim that she was somehow negligent?

Also, how much did she know (if anything) not about her kook son’s mental maladies but about his possession of a gun or any plan he may have had to use it criminally?

Not the question or the point, now. The problem is the problem, and nobody has a solution. I sure don't.
That's the point. Nobody has a solution.
Just as long as you don't try to walk back your socially responsible comments you started with!

More people will choose not to have children because of this asinine verdict.

Forum List

Back