Mother of school shooter found guilty.

A surprise verdict by the jury. Now parents can be found responsible for their kid's crimes.

I think this needs a lot of consideration about how to make it work, parents need to know what they can and can't do in these regards. Right now it's just very wishy washy

A surprise verdict by the jury. Now parents can be found responsible for their kid's crimes.

YES! A WIN FOR PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY!

1707245961951.gif

My understanding is the mom had suspensions her son was mentally unstable but went ahead and bought him the gun he used in the shooting anyway. They also failed to store it the proper way. She is not being held accountable for her son’s action, she is being held accountable for her own. It wouldn’t surprise me if this gets overturned on appeal or the sentence ends up being a slap on the wrist in the end.

My understanding is the mom had suspensions her son was mentally unstable but went ahead and bought him the gun he used in the shooting anyway. They also failed to store it the proper way. She is not being held accountable for her son’s action, she is being held accountable for her own. It wouldn’t surprise me if this gets overturned on appeal or the sentence ends up being a slap on the wrist in the end.
What grounds do you see for appeal. She did not act in a reasonable parent manner.

So the parent can be charged by the school for the kid shooting the school up but the school can’t be held accountable by the parent for the school abetting a sex change for the kid?
Something inconsistent about that.
Probably because what you presented is not what is actually going on here. The parent is being charged for the laws she broke not ones anyone else did.

Absolute BS So now if you buy your son or daughter a car and they have a accident accident and kill someone you are responsible because you bought them the car. This is just another governmental overreach to make people think twice about buying guns

She doesn’t think she’s a failure as a parent?

What grounds do you see for appeal. She did not act in a reasonable parent manner.
History and paying attention to what’s going on. When you get a slap on the wrist for lying in order to get a gun or when your 6 year old shoots a teacher and you get off with a minimum penalty there is no reason to believe this case will be treated much different. It got its misleading headline so it’s job is complete

Absolute BS So now if you buy your son or daughter a car and they have a accident accident and kill someone you are responsible because you bought them the car. This is just another governmental overreach to make people think twice about buying guns
That is only your fake argument, speedo.

She parented irresponsibly is the issue here.

History and paying attention to what’s going on. When you get a slap on the wrist for lying in order to get a gun or when your 6 year old shoots a teacher and you get off with a minimum penalty there is no reason to believe this case will be treated much different. It got its misleading headline so it’s job is complete
I think you are wrong, and time will show us if that is so.

I think this needs a lot of consideration about how to make it work, parents need to know what they can and can't do in these regards. Right now it's just very wishy washy
common in these shootings is that a parent or spouse informs law enforcement that she is worried about this, and nothing is done to stop it anyway.
probably best "held responsible" by lawsuit, but these shooters and their families are short that kind of money.

Forum List

Back