Mother of school shooter found guilty.

No one is claiming a Glock and a handgun are equal
I demur.
Someone IS claiming that.
Me.
Glock19, or Glock26, ......is a handgun.
Prove I'm wrong.
Saddle up, Skippy.

------------------------------------------------

consistent on their logic would be holding rape victims accountable for their part
You are trying too hard here Mungus.
Guns are different. Different than a flirty girl.
If you have ever owned a gun, or used a gun......you would know that.

The 'victim' you feel is being, umm, 'victimized' ain't the careless irresponsible Owner-of-Record.
Nope, the 'victim' is the poor teacher, or wife, or classmate, or baby sitter....who has a bullet hole, or several. Bullet holes due to the negligence of some brain-dead gun owner who didn't adequately secure his firearm.

The victim is the one bleeding.
Duh!

Again, to repeat......if you are so irresponsible to openly leave your ColtPython on the seat of your truck......as you offered us in your hypothetical......well, partner, you absolutely must share in the liability when it is snatched by a passerby and used to shoot the demanding class teacher.

Again,,,,,,,,duh!!

I demur.
Someone IS claiming that.
Me.
Glock19, or Glock26, ......is a handgun.
Prove I'm wrong.
Saddle up, Skippy.

------------------------------------------------

You are trying too hard here Mungus.
Guns are different. Different than a flirty girl.
If you have ever owned a gun, or used a gun......you would know that.

The 'victim' you feel is being, umm, 'victimized' ain't the careless irresponsible Owner-of-Record.
Nope, the 'victim' is the poor teacher, or wife, or classmate, or baby sitter....who has a bullet hole, or several. Bullet holes due to the negligence of some brain-dead gun owner who didn't adequately secure his firearm.

The victim is the one bleeding.
Duh!

Again, to repeat......if you are so irresponsible to openly leave your ColtPython on the seat of your truck......as you offered us in your hypothetical......well, partner, you absolutely must share in the liability when it is snatched by a passerby and used to shoot the demanding class teacher.
Bullshit those bullet holes are caused by the person pulling the trigger full stop. You want to try and twist and squirm because you know punishment for victims of a crime is stupid. Drop the act, admit your position is stupid and move on with life, Or stay stuck on stupid I don’t really care anymore you are on the loosing side of this argument and you know it

".....stay stuck on stupid I don’t really care anymore you are on the loosing side of this argument and you know it..."
-----------------------------------------------

"Stuck on stupid"?

Ummm, good poster Mungus, please note my poor avatar ain't the one insisting Yoga Pants are as dangerous as a pistol.
May avatar ain't the one claiming my Glock19 ain't a handgun.

You, mein freund, are the one doing that. Duh!

My argument, my position is: careless, irresponsible 'owners-of-record' (OOR) of a firearm bear a share of the liability for any harm facilitated by the firearm they own.

And yes.....that includes if someone broke into a basement and broke open the gun safe. If they got into the safe, and obtained one of your guns and caused harm (ala' "strict liability")......you bear some responsibility for not securing it enough. Not adequately enough to totally prevent it.

Oh sure, there are mitigating factors ...ala' breaking into a safe vs. your hypothetical of the jackass who leaves his SigSauer laying on the front seat of his Buick. One can have a greater percentage of liability than the other.

Such things as 'percentage' or 'apportioning'.....are beyond the scope of these posts. That is best left to the legislative process, court decisions......and criminal and/or tort law.

But make no mistake, if one brings a firearm into our society he assumes an increased responsibility to ensure it causes no harm......regardless who the trigger-puller is.

Ownership of that gun is burdened with societal expectations of responsible ownership and burdened with consequences if deemed not responsible enough.

I hope I am clear.

Last edited:
My argument, my position is: careless, irresponsible 'owners-of-record' (OOR) of a firearm bear a share of the liability for any harm facilitated by the firearm they own.
No your position is careless, irresponsible victims of a crime bear a share of the liability. That’s why you will
Always be wrong on this topic.

Conviction should be based on who owns the gun and whose name it is registered with.
So gun advocates should help her in an appeal. It is just an assumption on my part that she probably really had nothing to do with the purchase and ownership of the gun used.
In this particular case, the mother of the killer does not have clean hands.
She clearly facilitated the kids use and familiarity with the weapon the father purchased.
She took him to gun ranges.
She knew he was 'disturbed'
She knew he had access to a gun when she met with school administrators that fateful day.....yet, she did not reveal that to them.
And she chose to leave him their that day rather than immediately take him home.

The woman contributed to this tragedy.
Significantly.
She was the adult in the room. One of the 'adults-in-the-room' of that household....yet, she did not step up and fulfill her responsibility of a gun-owner, of of a citizen of her community, of a mother.

In my view, the jury got it right.
And I am ...perhaps naively, hopeful that a clear message has been sent to other household that have firearms and troubled teenagers. Or even, a 6 year old grandson who may open grandpa's nightstand with the loaded ColtPython.

Forum List

Back