Mother of Chris Stevens' Letter to the Editor

To the Editor [NYT]:

As Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens’s mother, I am writing to object to any mention of his name and death in Benghazi, Libya, by Donald Trump’s campaign and the Republican Party.

I know for certain that Chris would not have wanted his name or memory used in that connection. I hope that there will be an immediate and permanent stop to this opportunistic and cynical use by the campaign.

MARY F. COMMANDAY

Oakland, Calif.

GOOD for her !!!!

Sorry, but he and the circumstances surrounding his death are matters of historical significance. Request denied.

I would agree if the circumstances were being presented factually without wild hyperbole. They are not and you know it. Mistakes are not criminality. Many mistakes happen when we are inserting ourselves in dangerous places. Take Reagan's loss of hundreds of marines in Lebanon for instance. The protection of that hotel converted to a barracks was truly criminal. Nobody had to account for that huge tragedy. The events known as Benghazi had similar tragic results although the loss of life was very low. Going after Clinton personally over this is purely partisan bullshit. If a republican was inserted in the same situation you people wouldn't have said a peep and you know it.

Eh?

"Mistakes are not criminality."

Au contraire. They can easily reach the level of criminal negligence.

It's a mistake to get behind the wheel drunk. Kills somebody, it's criminal.

Clinton didn't get drunk and drive her car into the Benghazi consulate.

To the Editor [NYT]:

As Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens’s mother, I am writing to object to any mention of his name and death in Benghazi, Libya, by Donald Trump’s campaign and the Republican Party.

I know for certain that Chris would not have wanted his name or memory used in that connection. I hope that there will be an immediate and permanent stop to this opportunistic and cynical use by the campaign.

MARY F. COMMANDAY

Oakland, Calif.

GOOD for her !!!!

Sorry, but he and the circumstances surrounding his death are matters of historical significance. Request denied.

I would agree if the circumstances were being presented factually without wild hyperbole. They are not and you know it. Mistakes are not criminality. Many mistakes happen when we are inserting ourselves in dangerous places. Take Reagan's loss of hundreds of marines in Lebanon for instance. The protection of that hotel converted to a barracks was truly criminal. Nobody had to account for that huge tragedy. The events known as Benghazi had similar tragic results although the loss of life was very low. Going after Clinton personally over this is purely partisan bullshit. If a republican was inserted in the same situation you people wouldn't have said a peep and you know it.

Eh?

The 9 or so republican investigations showed that there was no criminality in this circumstance. The only criminality was the money and time spent trying to make it "criminality". Republicans enjoy turning tragedy into political footballs.

Shrug. That's your opinion.

To the Editor [NYT]:

MARY F. COMMANDAY

Oakland, Calif.

GOOD for her !!!!

Eh?

It's a mistake to get behind the wheel drunk. Kills somebody, it's criminal.

Clinton didn't get drunk and drive her car into the Benghazi consulate.

Did I say she did? Google "analogy".

chris stevens understood very well the diplomatic effort in Libya and he'd no doubt advise Americans to vote for the leader who grasps the complexity of the mission...

you know, as opposed the doofus GOP candidate who keeps hounding for "non PC" terminology that would alienate our diplomatic allies.

it was terror.. TERROR!!! Radical Islamic Terror! USA POTUS LIED about the TERRORrrrr!! derrp
dunce.gif

How many elderly die right here right now only taking half their dosages because the republicans forced the cost of life saving medications sky high? I call THAT CRIMINALITY! The new GOP makes me sick to my stomach with a hypocrisy so ugly that it is beyond astonishing. You people feel no shame! Piss on you one and all.

Right wingers just can't seem to accept the finding of NINE republican investigations because.......well, because they don't like the results of not finding culpability against Hillary........Let them steep in their own bile for the next 8 years.

I remember liberals counting the deaths daily of our great soldiers. Under Bush, for political purposes. They all a sudden quit counting when obama won the election. Liberals have no credibility.

Ambassador Chris Stevens: The American Who Loved Libya (1960-2012) | TIME.com

17yvrd26iombejpg.jpg

Chronology: The Benghazi Attack And The Fallout

pre-election 9/12/2012, before chris stevens' body was even cold, shameless twit romney and his fellow rethuglicans quickly pounced on the terrible news just to parse diplomatic talking points and make spastic political hay...

the mention of a video became "they blamed a video" and "we denounce these senseless acts of terror" became they refuse to say "radical islamic terrorism" and so on derrrrp

a gazillion dollars of "investigation" aka witch hunt was designed to shamelessly malign their inevitable 2016 opponent who was SoS at the time...

across the globe, the dumbo gop has continued to trumpet this shameless smear of POTUS and SoS of the USA for four years now, proving to prioritize their party politics over the best interest of the country they supposedly love, as well as the national security of their fellow Americans...

shamelessly pandering to fear and loathing, they plead, if only their fellow Americans could allow themselves to be "great again" by voting for their ignoramus gop candidate who so proudly proposes to further threaten our national security by dishonoring long standing international alliances and treaties and all manner of ridiculous red meat rhetoric unbefitting the high office he seeks.

151856106_custom-24275360d92cfce6812cc8eb8758c48c3b756fb6-s800-c15.jpg

Libyan security forces and a sympathetic local militia actually helped the Americans!

Benghazi.jpeg

Veteran: Trump Will Throw the Military into 'Crisis'

Won't matter, they'll do anything to win, "both" side(s).

I've seen only one side use dead people to make political points, even as the families are begging them not to.

That's because like most of your fellow "citizens", you're willfully blind to the transgressions of your own side.

It's better to have no side, just like your political system really does but can't tell you.

Translation

Some very nice men in dark suits came to visit me. It seems that the IRS has discovered some irregularities in tax returns I filed 55 years ago. If I sign this letter, they will return my tax returns to the unresolved file.

Won't matter, they'll do anything to win, "both" side(s).

I've seen only one side use dead people to make political points, even as the families are begging them not to.

Your memory is very poor. Remember how the flag draped coffins had to be shown, shown until Obama took over. BTW those coffins are still coming home, the left just doesn't give a crap.

You one the left are the two faced lying ghouls.

You poor ignorant fuck, that's one of the lessons the power structure took from the 60-70s and Viet Nam.

a) no draft, too many citizens/families involved. if you pull off an endless bogus war with an all volunteer force, the rest of america will be at the mall unaware.

b) no body bags on tv, just repeat "we're winning, we're the best, we're the freedomiest, they-hate-our-way-of-life, God loves us more, and you can drag a war on forever and drain the economy.

b) scary people want to rape you, cut off your head (in no particular order), "savages"!

And the american public will turn over their own civil liberties.

If anyone is expecting a response to this direct violation of what the mother of Chris Stevens asked, don't. I will no dishonor her grief by addressing this issue again.

To the Editor [NYT]:

MARY F. COMMANDAY

Oakland, Calif.

GOOD for her !!!!

Yeah...I started a thread about this last week. Forum tightie righties commenced to calling her a traitor and unfit mother. Now I'll check out how many have repeated that in this thread. :)

Translation

Some very nice men in dark suits came to visit me. It seems that the IRS has discovered some irregularities in tax returns I filed 55 years ago. If I sign this letter, they will return my tax returns to the unresolved file.

Above, the very definition of a scum bucket.......Congrats.

Forum List

Back