Mother forces son to stand on street corner over poor grades

I doubt humiliating a child is a gonna help his grades. In fact, I'd suggest she's creating more problems than bad grades.

I love this quote:
"Until he straightens up his grades and gets his education on track, he's gonna work that corner," Holder said. "This is the job he wants, so he might as well start early."
:lol:

I doubt humiliating a child is a gonna help his grades. In fact, I'd suggest she's creating more problems than bad grades.
I don't think it's that bad, you see how kids talk to each other nowadays? I'm proud of this woman showing her kids who's the boss!

My sister tried being "friends" with her kids, it didn't turn out well.

Last edited:
She should leave him there for a week.

If he's still there when she gets back, she'll have to accept the fact that she's got herself a stupid kid.

Good for her. And good for the kid for obeying her.

There's hope for him yet.

I love this quote:
"Until he straightens up his grades and gets his education on track, he's gonna work that corner," Holder said. "This is the job he wants, so he might as well start early."
:lol:

I don't think it's that bad, you see how kids talk to each other nowadays? I'm proud of this woman showing her kids who's the boss!

My sister tried being "friends" with her kids, it didn't turn out well.

I don't believe in being 'friends' with your kids, and I can understand this mom's frustration with her kid.... I'm just a tad concerned that treating her son like this is gonna backfire on her. Still, it isn't my business - unless her kid ends up costing me money somehow.

Not sure if it stated in the article-but I read in the newspaper yesterday that the kid is 15 and is in middle school!

Good for the mother-I'm sure she tried all the typical ways already. :clap2::clap2:

That is funny as hell.

It might work, it depends on the kid.

A 1.22 GPA is pretty damn low. But I would want to see the books on his subjects. Sometimes they turn subjects into crap and then expect you to get good grades in them. I think history can be really interesting but I only got C's in high school. But they didn't tell us that Henry Ford donated money to the NAZI party and that Thomas Edison invented the electric chair and electrocuted an elephant in public.

The idea that you are supposed to be educated to get a job is rubbish. The knowledge is supposed to enlighten the individual so s/he can figure out how to be most useful to themselves.

psik

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back