Attention "Pro-Teacher" folks....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
It isn't about the unions for the rest of us.
It is only about unions to the pro-union people.

For the rest of us it is about performance.
We do not support a system that supports an embarrassingly failed system that desperately needs reform.
INCLUDING the ability to fire bad teachers.
INCLUDING the ability for school administrators to REWARD good teachers.
It is no mistake that the absolute best performing schools in this nation are either private or charter. They are not under the suffocating weight of the DEA and teachers unions.

In fact, teachers unions not only do not try and emulate the success of non-union schools - but they have been trying to destroy them for years.

It is about performance. If America's school system wasn't systematically failing our children - we would be marching right beside the teachers ourselves.

There's so many other factors that you leave out though man. Private schools vs. public, Private costs money and so more affluent/well-adjusted children are able to go there whereas public schools service the crime infested, over-populated ghettos Nation-wide which are slowly becoming where the majority of Citizens live.

There's so many other factors that you leave out though man. Private schools vs. public, Private costs money and so more affluent/well-adjusted children are able to go there whereas public schools service the crime infested, over-populated ghettos Nation-wide which are slowly becoming where the majority of Citizens live.

Actually many, many, many public schools spend far more dollars per student than private.
Charter schools spend exponentially less per student than public, IN THE SAME geography..than the public school down the street - but perform amazingly better.

Of course there are other factors...but that is not what I am addressing in this thread, although I have many times in others.

Actually many, many, many public schools spend far more dollars per student than private.
Charter schools spend exponentially less per student than public, IN THE SAME geography..than the public school down the street - but perform amazingly better.

Of course there are other factors...but that is not what I am addressing in this thread, although I have many times in others.

I wasn't pointing to the cost to say: the more you spend the better the outcome!

I was pointing to the cost to say: public schools contain most, if not just about all, of the mal-adjusted students to begin with...... Due to their poor home life. It's not a fair comparison.

I wasn't pointing to the cost to say: the more you spend the better the outcome!

I was pointing to the cost to say: public schools contain most, if not just about all, of the mal-adjusted students to begin with...... Due to their poor home life. It's not a fair comparison.

It is the only comparison that exists.
However I get what you are saying, there can be no argument that there are plenty of reasons why education is failing.

I AM saying - that teachers unions and the DEA is proportionally a significant PART of the problem...therefore they do not deserve our support. (or anyone's for that matter)

It is the only comparison that exists.
However I get what you are saying, there can be no argument that there are plenty of reasons why education is failing.

I AM saying - that teachers unions and the DEA is proportionally a significant PART of the problem...therefore they do not deserve our support. (or anyone's for that matter)

I think that Unions probably over-step their bounds in some ways when there's no performance standards which are grounds for termination; however, if Classrooms are over-filled inner-city and the teacher has less time to focus on individuals with issues, and the Parents at home are just douch-assed crack heads, then performances are probably skewed to show "bad teacher" when in fact it might be a "good teacher."

It's a pretty complex problem and the denser the population becomes, I'm afraid the more complex and uncontrollable it all becomes .......in terms of standards. There's less and less micro-managing where over-population is concerned because parents in poverty turn to drugs and lose reality while their kids' esteem slips and classrooms become fuller & fuller inner-city and so Teachers also can't micro-manage. It's all going to be a big BLAGH one day, and I'm not sure if it's anyone's fault but Random Nature occuring.

Where I grew up ....on a Hot summer day, a front porch of a small 3 family apartment building somehow has like 15 people each just crawling out of their hot houses.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back