Most People Believe in Intelligent Alien Life, do you?

Why does there seem to be no alien sentient life (ET)? best three answers in your opinion

• because there is none

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • it is too far away to contact us

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • our technology is too primitive to contact ET

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • ET choses not to contact us yet

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • ET is not advanced enough to contact us

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • ET contacted Earth long before mankind evolved

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • ET has contacted us but the governments cover it up

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • ET destroys itself before it can contact us or other intelligent life.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it is extremely likely that there's other life and even civilizations around other stars. Kepler telescope has discovered that the majority of all planets are smaller then 4 earth radius...There's over 450 worlds smaller then 2 earth radius within the confirmed discoveries. Exoplanet Archive Planet Counts This number goes up to 2,200 unconfirmed such worlds within the yet to be confirmed candidates.

There's quite a few such worlds closer to their stars that we have confirmed both radius & mass to get a density to know that they're rocky...Kepler 78, Kepler 10b,c , etc....

I think it is extremely likely that planets like Kepler 62e, Kepler 296e, Kepler 438b, Kepler 442b, Kepler 452b, G 667c, etc are also rocky worlds and they sit within the habitual zone of their stars.

G 832c is also possible!

There's at least a dozen or more worlds within the unconfirmed area that would be even better!!!!!

So I find it very hard to imagine there not being aliens.

I think most of the life we would encounter in the universe would be of the order of a mold or slime
It is that hard to create and sustain life

Intelligent life in that it has a brain, not that it can build a spaceship, would be exceptionally rare and at such a great distance that we could not reach it or find it in several lifetimes

according to our science....but how much do we actually know?....

I believe it is most likely that we are the most advanced life form in the universe, certainly in the galaxy. There is very likely life on other planets and moons, likely even in our own solar system.

We have never been contacted by aliens nor will we be. The distances are too great and the physics laws are unbreakable.
so pred do you believe in a "god" or a higher power that put us here?...or did we just pop up out of two atoms colliding billions of years ago?....

I believe it is most likely that we are the most advanced life form in the universe, certainly in the galaxy. There is very likely life on other planets and moons, likely even in our own solar system.

We have never been contacted by aliens nor will we be. The distances are too great and the physics laws are unbreakable.

As are the laws of Chemistry

Life must be water based. It takes simple compounds of noncomplex elements. Alien life must follow the same periodic table we do. Liquid water exists between 0 and 100C, any planet that does not maintain those temperatures will not sustain life
as far as our science believes....how about a hundred years from now?....will new things be discovered to maybe prove todays thoughts wrong?...look how much we have advanced since 1915....since 1815.....lots of things can happen....

Life must be water based. It takes simple compounds of noncomplex elements. Alien life must follow the same periodic table we do. Liquid water exists between 0 and 100C, any planet that does not maintain those temperatures will not sustain life

It amazes me when I hear people who think that maybe the laws of physics don't apply to other galaxies.
so how do you know they dont?....in 1750 how many scientist back then would think its possible to build a flying machine carrying 300 people to the other side of the planet?.....or go to the moon?....these guys think its possible...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/09/100909004112.htm

Maybe not human life but thinking that the only life possible is the life WE know is not very open-minded.

They may not look human.....their evolution may have led them in an entirely different direction

But they are still constrained by the same chemistry we are. H2O is about as simple as it gets. Hydrocarbons are basic building blocks. More complex compounds are unlikely to form on their own.

That is why life is so difficult. The conditions must be perfect. Any natural disaster can wipe out tens of thousands of years of progress

as far as our science believes....how about a hundred years from now?....will new things be discovered to maybe prove todays thoughts wrong?...look how much we have advanced since 1915....since 1815.....lots of things can happen....

Technologically things get more complex

Biologically and chemically...we need basic building blocks. They have the same periodic table to construct those building blocks as we do

Biologically and chemically...we need basic building blocks. They have the same periodic table to construct those building blocks as we do
prove it.....

There are things that might possibly work around the limit of the speed of light.

Worm holes, space warp, space expansion, and quantum entanglement seem to be able to traverse the speed of light in practical terms.

Will we ever… travel faster than the speed of light?

Four ways to break the universe's speed limit

Faster than the Speed of Light? NASA Looks at Warp Drive

prove it.....
Well there was that episode of Lost in Space
I guess aliens can be anything you imagine them to be

There are things that might possibly work around the limit of the speed of light.

Worm holes, space warp, space expansion, and quantum entanglement seem to be able to traverse the speed of light in practical terms.

Problem with traveling at near the speed of light is the affect it has on mass and the generation of heat. Hard to imagine a ship surviving that let alone a living organism

prove it.....
just say we dont know RW....because we dont....you have a mind kinda like lots of republicans,just believe what we can see or detect and of course everything out there has to be like it is here.....what else can there be?....oh thats right that episode of lost in space.....i thought liberals were supposed to be open minded and open to things that just might be different from what we know....was dean lying?.....

prove it.....
just say we dont know RW....because we dont....you have a mind kinda like lots of republicans,just believe what we can see or detect and of course everything out there has to be like it is here.....what else can there be?....oh thats right that episode of lost in space.....i thought liberals were supposed to be open minded and open to things that just might be different from what we know....was dean lying?.....
I think we do know

They have to play by the same rules of physics and chemistry we do. They have the same building blocks for life that we use. The end result of those building blocks may look differently but the blocks are constrained by the same basic elements we use. Hydrogen, Oxygen, Carbon, Nitrogen

Problem with traveling at near the speed of light is the affect it has on mass and the generation of heat. Hard to imagine a ship surviving that let alone a living organism
and of course scientist in the future wont know anymore than they do now......

prove it.....
I think we do know

They have to play by the same rules of physics and chemistry we do. They have the same building blocks for life that we use. The end result of those building blocks may look differently but the blocks are constrained by the same basic elements we use. Hydrogen, Oxygen, Carbon, Nitrogen
so you can say that for certain about a galaxy 600 million light years from here right?...how about going into a black hole?....will everything be the same on the other side?....
Laws of physics vary throughout the universe, new study suggests

and of course scientist in the future wont know anymore than they do now......

I suspect very much that the scientists in the future will know quite a bit more than they do now....are you being sarcastic?

prove it.....
I think we do know

so you can say that for certain about a galaxy 600 million light years from here right?...how about going into a black hole?....will everything be the same on the other side?....
Laws of physics vary throughout the universe, new study suggests
Newtonian physics would not change. Theoretical physics at the atomic level may change in things like worm holes or at the speed of light. Living organisms would be more constrained by Newtonian physics
Life is fragile and is impacted by extremes in temperature, pressure, and extreme velocities. Travel near the speed of light affects things at the atomic level. Organisms are unlikely to survive at half the speed of light That is Einstein speaking not me.

Forum List

Back