Most People Believe in Intelligent Alien Life, do you?

Why does there seem to be no alien sentient life (ET)? best three answers in your opinion

• because there is none

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • it is too far away to contact us

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • our technology is too primitive to contact ET

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • ET choses not to contact us yet

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • ET is not advanced enough to contact us

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • ET contacted Earth long before mankind evolved

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • ET has contacted us but the governments cover it up

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • ET destroys itself before it can contact us or other intelligent life.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
YouGov | You are not alone: most people believe that aliens exist

"Germans (56%) are the most likely to believe this, followed by Americans (54%) and then British people (52). At most a third (32% in Germany) assertively do not believe in extra-terrestrial live, although this is lower in Britain and the US.

"Men, across all three countries, are more likely to believe in extra-terrestrial life. Only in Germany do a majority of women (51%) believe. The oldest people are the least likely to believe in all three countries – in Britain, for example, 45% of over-60s believe in aliens compared to 59% of 18-24s."

I believe in the likelihood that the universe is teeming with intelligent life, but due to the vastness of space and time it is unlikely that any would come into contact with each other.

In other words, simultaneous existence and the ability to contact is damned unlikely.

Intelligent life in the vast reaches of the universe? Probably

But intelligent life is the exception, not the norm
The probability that this life could have reached this planet is ridiculously small

I don't really follow why we'd be narcissistic enough to assume they would want to contact us.

Especially if they read this board. I sure wouldn't. :eusa_shifty:

I don't really follow why we'd be narcissistic enough to assume they would want to contact us.

Especially if they read this board. I sure wouldn't. :eusa_shifty:

If you'd stop posting here, it might be more attractive to them. ;)

I think most of the life we would encounter in the universe would be of the order of a mold or slime
It is that hard to create and sustain life

Intelligent life in that it has a brain, not that it can build a spaceship, would be exceptionally rare and at such a great distance that we could not reach it or find it in several lifetimes

I believe it is most likely that we are the most advanced life form in the universe, certainly in the galaxy. There is very likely life on other planets and moons, likely even in our own solar system.

We have never been contacted by aliens nor will we be. The distances are too great and the physics laws are unbreakable.

I believe in the likelihood that the universe is teeming with intelligent life, but due to the vastness of space and time it is unlikely that any would come into contact with each other.

In other words, simultaneous existence and the ability to contact is damned unlikely.
I agree wholeheartedly with this post except for the part about "teeming".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 62
I believe it is most likely that we are the most advanced life form in the universe, certainly in the galaxy. There is very likely life on other planets and moons, likely even in our own solar system.

We have never been contacted by aliens nor will we be. The distances are too great and the physics laws are unbreakable.

As are the laws of Chemistry

Life must be water based. It takes simple compounds of noncomplex elements. Alien life must follow the same periodic table we do. Liquid water exists between 0 and 100C, any planet that does not maintain those temperatures will not sustain life

Life must be water based. It takes simple compounds of noncomplex elements. Alien life must follow the same periodic table we do. Liquid water exists between 0 and 100C, any planet that does not maintain those temperatures will not sustain life

It amazes me when I hear people who think that maybe the laws of physics don't apply to other galaxies.

Maybe not human life but thinking that the only life possible is the life WE know is not very open-minded.

It amazes me when I hear people who think that maybe the laws of physics don't apply to other galaxies.

Who knows, maybe they don't -- maybe we just let you have your own set... humanoid.

I've said too much :eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back