Does science fiction predict capitalistic deceleration?

xeinenth

Jun 7, 2015
That trends in the popular science fiction renditions implicate communistic practices as the preferred governmental orchestration?? On an additional observation: one can note that the military-industrial-complex which had been forebodingly mentioned by the Eisenhower Administration and has consequently necessitated much more of an evident decline in our nuclear family structure... perhaps these circumstantiated phenomenons share some kind of a common ground???

Though "Star Trek" makes mention of the abandonment of capitalism (in ST:TNG when they discovery the cryo-stasis people from the 21st century, and again in the movie "ST: First Contact") they at the same time preserved human ability to interact with such systems via "ST: Deep Space Nine" and the standard currency gold-pressed latinum in addition to a currency of 'credits.'

I don't think an abandonment of money is workable. While I like the idea, I don't see how it could work espeically since it never has anywhere in human history. Even indigenous populations had shells or beads for currency.Think it's more something to aspire to than anything realistic or doable.

That trends in the popular science fiction renditions implicate communistic practices as the preferred governmental orchestration?? On an additional observation: one can note that the military-industrial-complex which had been forebodingly mentioned by the Eisenhower Administration and has consequently necessitated much more of an evident decline in our nuclear family structure... perhaps these circumstantiated phenomenons share some kind of a common ground???
SF is good at inspiring future generations, but the intergalactic super government couldn't function.

just look at the ussr, the horrid conditions in china, the nightmare of N Korea and the decline of the eu.

big governments fail

Though "Star Trek" makes mention of the abandonment of capitalism (in ST:TNG when they discovery the cryo-stasis people from the 21st century, and again in the movie "ST: First Contact") they at the same time preserved human ability to interact with such systems via "ST: Deep Space Nine" and the standard currency gold-pressed latinum in addition to a currency of 'credits.'

I don't think an abandonment of money is workable. While I like the idea, I don't see how it could work espeically since it never has anywhere in human history. Even indigenous populations had shells or beads for currency.Think it's more something to aspire to than anything realistic or doable.

Wasn't sure which forum subgroups were more contextually validated; I haven't come across any literary divisions... and thus decided between history and this above placed science category. Is the replicator technology contradictory to all capitalistic undertakings?? Or do the replicator operations require some kind of fixed input??? One of the more prevalent inspirations for these forms of speculative literature were the civil rights campaigns exploding successively thenceforth from the prior named presidential establishment. In spite of this, there are multiple novelized instances that remain contrary to our human liberties.

I don't know what you are reading. Sci Fi, I've been reading has shown no such trends.

And if that was such a trend, it would at best show the opinion of writers or publishers.

SF is good at inspiring future generations, but the intergalactic super government couldn't function.

just look at the ussr, the horrid conditions in china, the nightmare of N Korea and the decline of the eu.

big governments fail

Your reply makes me think these larger governmental installations conform to our prevailing understanding of the molecular biosciences; regarding cellular efficiency, where the surrounding membrane must be of compact volume so that it can protect internal contents. As the cell chemically interacts with its habituated surroundings, nutrient diffusion takes place over faster rates...

In this way bigger political regimes must fail at the level of organismal specialization?? From this analogy concerning microscopic subatomic scales, the lower stratas of any collective hierarchy can't fulfill necessary stipulations and are shoved outside such an abodic sphere. In that monarchistic deployments are often centrally localized and can't encompassingly accommodate all of the(ir) dwelled civilians. By the way, took me some time to work out this idea; so it may be hard to grasp at first.

big governments fail

Your reply makes me think these larger governmental installations conform to our prevailing understanding of the molecular biosciences; regarding cellular efficiency, where the surrounding membrane must be of compact volume so that it can protect internal contents. As the cell chemically interacts with its habituated surroundings, nutrient diffusion takes place over faster rates...

In this way bigger political regimes must fail at the level of organismal specialization?? From this analogy concerning microscopic subatomic scales, the lower stratas of any collective hierarchy can't fulfill necessary stipulations and are shoved outside such an abodic sphere. In that monarchistic deployments are often centrally localized and can't encompassingly accommodate all of the(ir) dwelled civilians. By the way, took me some time to work out this idea; so it may be hard to grasp at first.
:lol:

if you mean a large government can't make everyone happy, so must rely on force to make everyone comply.

then yea

fyi; not impressed by big words

Forum List

Back