Most don't chose to be "Poor" what an absurd ignorance.

There are very very few truly POOR people in America.

The left defines poor as someone who has a car, laptop, tablet, smart phone and 1 bed room apartment.

That's first class living in many nations.

Last edited:
From what I've seen it seems about 1/3rd of the poor are poor because of disabilities, physical, or mental. this includes many Veterans , Another 1/3rd are either are ex convicts tarnishing their records, or literally aren't intelligent enough to make it. The final 1/3rd are mostly single mothers, younger generations attempting to move up in it's ranks, and people working menial jobs with little pay.

I don't know how anyone couldn't get that in a Capitalist system of nature, how there wouldn't be poor exactly?

Just as well, such a unnatural system of Communism also leads to poor.

Literally, the hybrid system is the only real fair solution.

When you chose to do a crime, you are are choosing to be poorer. When you chose to have a baby as a single parent, you are choosing to be poorer. So by your standard at least 2/3'rds of your people choose to be poor despite your thread title that most don't chose to be poor.
Yet, generation after generation in Appalachia live in poverty.

When generation after generation choses to remain in an area where there are no opportunities, they choose to live in poverty.
Some call it home

The left defines poor as someone who has a car, laptop, tablet, smart phone and 1 bed room apartment.

More...the poor have it too good BS

Corporations bust our balls with outsourcing, small businesses bust our balls with hiring illegals.

Who approves and signs treaties? Who issues corporate charters?

Yeah, because the government didn't outlaw these things hurting America, that's why!

Not only did they not 'outlaw' them...they are the creators of them. Corporations, created by government charter, designated as 'persons' by courts of law influence the politicians.
However, NONE of this would be possible without the active role of government.

Stop blaming capitalism, and free market concepts for the Dr. Frankenstein systems we not have in place.

You are wrong.

Done with this topic.

The Corporate charters were a lot more strict by the states in general going back just over 100 years ago.
Teddy Roosevelt also trust busted Corporations.'

We don't have this much, anymore, that's the problem.

It's not the decisions of government, which decided that WalMart, and a bunch of others would start undercutting the economy by getting made in China products.
These are the decisions of Corporations, and also Consumers.

It's the job of the government to step in, and do what's best for the collective, plain, and simple.

Yeah because of action by the government, and also to a lesser extent charities, including Church based ones.

Even if we had a perfect system, people still wouldn't be able to make it out of poverty, without help. This is true for veterans too.

I'm definitely not going to spend a heck of a lot of time here, it's not healthy.
View attachment 256809

Anyone who thinks poverty is a choice, must be pretty ignorant to say the very least.

Ignorant of genetics, like how people suffer from diseases like MS, Parkinsons, Down Syndrome,Alzheimers, Cystis Fibrosis, Sickle Cell, or from being maimed, or simple back, knee, or neck injuries. That doesn't even speak of Bi Polar, Schizophrenia, severe depression.

Then there's the fact, they don't understand the nature of Capitalism, in the first place. Capitalism creates winners, and losers. Capitalism leads to so many "Elite" and so many "Servants" of the elite, it will always have minimum wage jobs, no matter how smart, or educated they are.
This is how spin works.

You say that people don't choose to be poor. No one is making that argument.

However, people are poor because they make poor life choices.

Now tell Me if you understand the difference?

links/stats/etc?
.....some people are just stupid.....they are too stupid to know what to do to not be poor
college grads earn more--plain and simple
Do College Grads Really Earn More Than High School Grads?
...single college grad mothers?
...if they start out ''wrong'''--it is hard to get ''better''' .....my relative's co-workers' cars need fixing--but they don't have the $$$$ to fix them = they can't get to work = one of them got laid off and the other had to quit =cycle not getting better but worse
...getting a loan to pay off a previous loan/etc

According to Wikipedia about 15 - 20% of the populations in the developed World suffer from disabilities, that's obviously a sizable chunk of those in poverty benefits.

Disability and poverty - Wikipedia

My guess is the USA is more on the higher end, merely because of all the maimed veterans the USA created in it's wars.
do you have stats on disabled Vets being poor? and the percentage?
my family was ''poor'' --but we were happy with food/etc
8 people in a 1 bedroom house--and a not heated/AC back porch
2 dogs/cats
...my father never graduated high school--but got a GED and worked for the government--he put us in college/etc
....I've put out stats before of how people that graduate at lower levels have GREAT jobs working for the government/auto industry/USPS/etc
....you can make it if you don't have kids BEFORE you are ready--even then--some people are just stupid
...again--some are '''born'' into a bad situation

There's ONLY so many high paying jobs, how many are government, auto industry, USPS, as opposed to service industry?

Government jobs are stimulus funding, FYI.

I thought Republicans were against such? At least a lot of them are.

Anyone who thinks poverty is a choice, must be pretty ignorant to say the very least.

Ignorant of genetics, like how people suffer from diseases like MS, Parkinsons, Down Syndrome,Alzheimers, Cystis Fibrosis, Sickle Cell, or from being maimed, or simple back, knee, or neck injuries. That doesn't even speak of Bi Polar, Schizophrenia, severe depression.

Then there's the fact, they don't understand the nature of Capitalism, in the first place. Capitalism creates winners, and losers. Capitalism leads to so many "Elite" and so many "Servants" of the elite, it will always have minimum wage jobs, no matter how smart, or educated they are.
This is how spin works.

links/stats/etc?
.....some people are just stupid.....they are too stupid to know what to do to not be poor
...if they start out ''wrong'''--it is hard to get ''better''' .....my relative's co-workers' cars need fixing--but they don't have the $$$$ to fix them = they can't get to work = one of them got laid off and the other had to quit =cycle not getting better but worse

According to Wikipedia about 15 - 20% of the populations in the developed World suffer from disabilities, that's obviously a sizable chunk of those in poverty benefits.

My guess is the USA is more on the higher end, merely because of all the maimed veterans the USA created in it's wars.
2 dogs/cats
...my father never graduated high school--but got a GED and worked for the government--he put us in college/etc
....I've put out stats before of how people that graduate at lower levels have GREAT jobs working for the government/auto industry/USPS/etc
....you can make it if you don't have kids BEFORE you are ready--even then--some people are just stupid

There's ONLY so many high paying jobs, how many are government, auto industry, USPS, as opposed to service industry?

well if you can't get a ''good paying'' job, it's usually not someone else's fault
..you don't need a HIGH paying job to make it --you need common sense

Corporations bust our balls with outsourcing, small businesses bust our balls with hiring illegals.

Who approves and signs treaties? Who issues corporate charters?

Yeah, because the government didn't outlaw these things hurting America, that's why!

Not only did they not 'outlaw' them...they are the creators of them. Corporations, created by government charter, designated as 'persons' by courts of law influence the politicians.
However, NONE of this would be possible without the active role of government.

Stop blaming capitalism, and free market concepts for the Dr. Frankenstein systems we not have in place.

You are wrong.

Done with this topic.

The Corporate charters were a lot more strict by the states in general going back just over 100 years ago.
Teddy Roosevelt also trust busted Corporations.'

We don't have this much, anymore, that's the problem.

It's not the decisions of government, which decided that WalMart, and a bunch of others would start undercutting the economy by getting made in China products.
These are the decisions of Corporations, and also Consumers.

It's the job of the government to step in, and do what's best for the collective, plain, and simple.

wheres the balance son........ wheres the balance? while still not fleecing the lower rung ones who are cost sensitive?....good question indeed

First thing is good trade policies...everyone else on the planet looks out for and does what s best for their nation.
thiers no harm in doing that to .

This is how spin works.

links/stats/etc?

2 dogs/cats

well if you can't get a ''good paying'' job, it's usually not someone else's fault
He’s holding out for an Sr Executive Management job.

This is how spin works.

links/stats/etc?

2 dogs/cats

Explain, how 10 dollars an hour, at 40 hours a week, or 400 dollars a week, is supposed to cover a heck of a lot, exactly?

That's roughly a 18,000K a year salary, without including taxes.

Yet, they're supposed to pay rent, health insurance, and for a car too?
Forget about food.

It's simply difficult to make it out there.

I feel more for working class Whites, struggling to make it, than with the upper crust who sold them out to "Foreigners" who work cheaper at home as illegals, or abroad in outsourcing.

This is how spin works.

links/stats/etc?

2 dogs/cats

Explain, how 10 dollars an hour, at 40 hours a week, or 400 dollars a week, is supposed to cover a heck of a lot, exactly?

Forget about food.

I feel more for working class Whites, struggling to make it, than with the upper crust who sold them out to "Foreigners" who work cheaper at home as illegals, or abroad in outsourcing.
Then go to a trade school and learn a trade. I know of plumbers and even porta potty cleaners who are millionaires.

2 dogs/cats

Forget about food.

Then go to a trade school and learn a trade. I know of plumbers and even porta potty cleaners who are millionaires.

How many plumbers can an economy demand, exactly?

2 dogs/cats

Forget about food.

More plus one.

Forget about food.

More plus one.

The job market will ALWAYS need cashiers, law mowers, burger flippers, toilet scrubbers, etc.

That's the thing, even when you make "ALL Americans elite" you'd still need to import foreigners to do those menial jobs.

Republicans aren't very bright, to say the very least. (Neither are Democrats for that matter)

Pick a side, are you for Capitalism, or for Nationalism?

This is how spin works.

links/stats/etc?

2 dogs/cats

Forget about food.

...in the midwest, you can get a fairly good apartment for $700 month about $8000 yearly
...I have a 2016 good car $200 month --$2400 yearly --insurance maybe $3000
total about $13500
..if you don't have kids--you're good to go
..live with your parents for a while--save--and you are really good to go
...if they are having problems/parents with $$ problems/etc, it's a cycle = can't help the kid go to college/etc --but a lot of these are because the people are '''stupid'''

I swear Individualists are severely mentally impaired, they tend to be very one track minded, and short sighted.

How can anyone pretend there's not a collective society, but only themselves, exactly?
You should flee to a socialist utopia. No one is stopping you.

I'm for more, or less for the Authoritarian, Nationalistic Right Wing.

Unfortunately, every time one of those pop up, be it minor like Qaddafi, or Franco, or less minor like Mussolini, or Saddam Hussein, or major like Nazis the "Anglosphere" Capitalists always knock them out.

The irony here is the first 4 I listed can't come close to the actions of the USA, or British Empire Capitalists in their brutality, hypocrite much?

From what I've seen it seems about 1/3rd of the poor are poor because of disabilities, physical, or mental. this includes many Veterans , Another 1/3rd are either are ex convicts tarnishing their records, or literally aren't intelligent enough to make it. The final 1/3rd are mostly single mothers, younger generations attempting to move up in it's ranks, and people working menial jobs with little pay.

I don't know how anyone couldn't get that in a Capitalist system of nature, how there wouldn't be poor exactly?

Just as well, such a unnatural system of Communism also leads to poor.

Literally, the hybrid system is the only real fair solution.

Ignorance of economics is the root of leftism.

Here; learn something about economics, if you dare.

Man, Economy, and State, with Power and Market | Murray N. Rothbard

Forum List

Back