Most dog owners are disrespectful!

What happened to respect nowadays? It seems as if alot of dog owners really have no respect when it comes to another persons lawn. They think that it is perfectly fine if their dog craps anywhere, and just leaves the mess for someone else to deal with it.

Alot of dog owners want a dog, but don't want to deal with the crap in their own yard.

:mad:

What do you mean "whatever happened?" This whole 'don't soil my sacred chapel of grass!' is the new development. When I was a kid nobody even walked their dog. They just opened the door and let the dog out. He came back when he came back. If you found some dog shit on your grass you dealt with it when you cut your grass. It's not fucking plutonium. I always pick up after my dog, but this walking around with little bio-degradable baggies is the new development, not some ancient tradition that is being endangered by social decay.

How about the ones who pick up their dogs shit in a plastic bag and then leave the bag with the shit in it behind?

They're not nearly as disrespectful as the human pigs who throw their empty McDonalds bags and beer cans and other assorted garbage out the window of their cars.

At least dog shit is gone after a few days.

When did McDonald's start selling beer? I'm gonna go get McWasted! Talk about a Happy Meal!

What happened to respect nowadays? It seems as if alot of dog owners really have no respect when it comes to another persons lawn. They think that it is perfectly fine if their dog craps anywhere, and just leaves the mess for someone else to deal with it.

Alot of dog owners want a dog, but don't want to deal with the crap in their own yard.

its not just the poo.... its the pee too.

That will burn a brown spot on my lawn that lasts for weeks! I yell at the dog owners... they yell back that they pick up the poo...i yell can they pick up the pee?

I put down caynne pepper now. It seems to work wonders on sniffing dogs.

I don't know where you all live but this is a dog friendly town and I don't know anyone who doesn't have a bunch of bags attached to the dog leash. They pick it up here and dispose of it.

If you see this other stuff happening, say something to the offender...

I often wonder if the type that goes to a public park or something similar and 'lays out' on the grass for hours ever stops to consider what they are getting into. Hell, I won't even wear shoes in my house, let alone roll around in the God-knows-what out in the dirt and the mire.

What do you mean "whatever happened?" This whole 'don't soil my sacred chapel of grass!' is the new development. When I was a kid nobody even walked their dog. They just opened the door and let the dog out. He came back when he came back. If you found some dog shit on your grass you dealt with it when you cut your grass. It's not fucking plutonium. I always pick up after my dog, but this walking around with little bio-degradable baggies is the new development, not some ancient tradition that is being endangered by social decay.

you mean bio hazard bags?

I agree - though I won't say "most" dog owners, depends on where you live...

I hate it when people won't pick up after their dogs - even when pick up stations are provided!!! It's not rocket science and it's not hard. We have lovely rails-to-trails, and people let their dogs poop in the middle of the trail and just leave it :mad: Several times I've ended up picking up other's mess because I don't want to be banned from taking my dogs places :(

its not just the poo.... its the pee too.

That will burn a brown spot on my lawn that lasts for weeks! I yell at the dog owners... they yell back that they pick up the poo...i yell can they pick up the pee?

I put down caynne pepper now. It seems to work wonders on sniffing dogs.

There really should be a law that says dog owners have to wear an industrial wet-vac on their backs whenever they go out with their dogs. That, or catheterization to collect liquid waste that will one day be used to fuel modified '67 VW vans.

Last edited:
I don't know where you all live but this is a dog friendly town and I don't know anyone who doesn't have a bunch of bags attached to the dog leash. They pick it up here and dispose of it.

If you see this other stuff happening, say something to the offender...

Ive stopped being nice. We tried that for years and it did not work.

i asked one woman to not allow her dog on my lawn. Her answer was put up a fence.:eek:

another woman was angry that we would say something about not letting their dog on our lawn in front of her child.

I agree - though I won't say "most" dog owners, depends on where you live...

I hate it when people won't pick up after their dogs - even when pick up stations are provided!!! It's not rocket science and it's not hard. We have lovely rails-to-trails, and people let their dogs poop in the middle of the trail and just leave it :mad: Several times I've ended up picking up other's mess because I don't want to be banned from taking my dogs places :(

they leave them becasue they know people like you will clean up after their dogs....

You know what is worse?

It is when people adopt kitties and do not get them spade or neutered and they spray your porch and other nefarious things. To me that is the most irresponsible thing that pet owners do...or not do

I have a neighbor that waits for me to go to work to let her dog poo in my yard. That is bad bad bad

You know what is worse?

It is when people adopt kitties and do not get them spade or neutered and they spray your porch and other nefarious things. To me that is the most irresponsible thing that pet owners do...or not do

I have a neighbor that waits for me to go to work to let her dog poo in my yard. That is bad bad bad

im with you on the spay and neuter!!!

put down cayenne pepper..... they learn fast.

You know what is worse?

Recently I was woke up by THE most awful odor I have ever smelled. It was 4am, I thought I was a having a nightmare. I was dreaming that a skunk was in my house. OMG. I have never in my life smelled such a horrible odor.

It turns out that there was a neighbors cat that got sprayed by a skunk and that cat was hiding under my porch. I like to never got rid of that odor It was sickening,

Needless to say, I am going to be on a mission to capture cats, get them fixed then release them. If the neighbors refuse to do the right thing, I guess I will. I have done it before.

After the "condo", I lived in a house that abutted a golf course. The golfers thought it was fun to come and pick my oranges and grapefruits. I did not. My Chihuahua, now totally disgusted from her experience in her former residence, "the condo", had zero tolerance for self important assholes that wanted to disrupt her life. She would bark and go crazy when they would take the fruits off the trees.

I asked them not to come on my property, however they considered themselves privileged and trespassed anyway.

Wouldn't you know that early one summer morning, grass wet from dew was glistening, there was a calm, a sense of serenity then......there was scream that could be heard for from the 1st hole to the 18th. Someone yelled "oh no, there is dog shit in the cup on the 15th hole."

My little doggie was once again falsely accused of this heinous act. Upon my refuting such a claim, my pooch went back to ways of enjoying the calm, every once in a while hearing the crack of a club on a ball, but there were no more trespassing golfers stealing fruit. A nice happy ending.

You know what is worse?

Recently I was woke up by THE most awful odor I have ever smelled. It was 4am, I thought I was a having a nightmare. I was dreaming that a skunk was in my house. OMG. I have never in my life smelled such a horrible odor.

It turns out that there was a neighbors cat that got sprayed by a skunk and that cat was hiding under my porch. I like to never got rid of that odor It was sickening,

Needless to say, I am going to be on a mission to capture cats, get them fixed then release them. If the neighbors refuse to do the right thing, I guess I will. I have done it before.

:eek: skunk is the worst!

are these referral cats or peoples cats? I agree about catching as many as you can and getting them fixed!

are these referral cats or peoples cats? I agree about catching as many as you can and getting them fixed!

They are strays that were adopted by my neighbors. They do say, "this is my cat, and that is my cat" .And they have names.

They are strays because these people are either stupid or lazy

Last edited:

They are strays that were adopted by my neighbors. They do say, "this is my cat, and that is my cat" .And they have names.

it gets sorta sticky of someone would claim the cat as the owner.... or at least here it would... to catch them and spay or neuter them.

but if you can present them as strays and get them fixed... go for it!!!

it gets sorta sticky of someone would claim the cat as the owner.... or at least here it would... to catch them and spay or neuter them.

:lol:

That is what I did before. And there were no strays for quite a few years after that :D I did my duty. The problem now is that the APL charges $10.00 per stray. That might run into some money. It used to be free

:lol:

That is what I did before. And there were no strays for quite a few years after that :D I did my duty. The problem now is that the APL charges $10.00 per stray. That might run into some money. It used to be free

see if there is a cat rescue group in your area who will help you with the cost.

and 10 bucks is a deal!! here its about $120 for a male...more for a female.

Forum List

Back